948 posts
ronnyroyal

Re: Anyone For Chinese?

by ronnyroyal » 10 Apr 2017 17:14

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 10 Apr 2017 18:17

Hound I found this an interesting and through breakdown of Brighton's finances. There's some insightful RFC related stats in there as well.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... in-on.html

It does kind of put Brighton in a slightly different light for me - they really have been bankrolled much more than I thought.

Of course. How else would they be able to afford Knockaert? The championships Messi.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 10 Apr 2017 18:55

Top Flight
Hound I found this an interesting and through breakdown of Brighton's finances. There's some insightful RFC related stats in there as well.

It does kind of put Brighton in a slightly different light for me - they really have been bankrolled much more than I thought.

Of course. How else would they be able to afford Knockaert? The championships Messi.

Good read. The biggest debt in the Championship and with loans and loans turned into shares, owner Tony Bloom has put in an eye-watering £251 MILLION of his own money. :shock:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Apr 2017 08:49

Ark Royal
Top Flight

Good read. The biggest debt in the Championship and with loans and loans turned into shares, owner Tony Bloom has put in an eye-watering £251 MILLION of his own money. :shock:

They're so lucky though to have all that income from their massive stadium and fanbase that they don't have to worry about the FL's financial fair play rules

Emmer Green Royal

by Emmer Green Royal » 11 Apr 2017 10:03

The Telegraph article doesn't say anything to back up it's sensational headline, and all the other articles I've seen just refer back to the piece in the Telegraph. Is there any evidence that the PL may take a different attitude to the EFL?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Apr 2017 10:15

Emmer Green Royal The Telegraph article doesn't say anything to back up it's sensational headline, and all the other articles I've seen just refer back to the piece in the Telegraph. Is there any evidence that the PL may take a different attitude to the EFL?

Well I would imagine the EFL would have consulted with the PL before giving it the nod.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Apr 2017 10:23

no its just sensationalist rubbish.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 11 Apr 2017 10:50

Hound no its just sensationalist rubbish.

It makes me laugh when the media attack Facebook so harshly for 'fake news' when they deliberately print b*ll*cks on a daily basis. At least fb has the excuse that it's just a platform for other people to publish lies - the newspaper actually make up the lies themselves.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Apr 2017 11:11

make up the lies, claim a 'source' (who doesn't exist) and then claim it as an Exclusive.

Then all the Gossip pages etc then reprint the gist of this, and suddenly its accepted as fact or at least a concrete rumour. It stinks to be honest.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Apr 2017 11:28

Is it reasonable to assume that the conditions that still have to be met include those that the PL have mandated ?
If so then the Telegraph story is in fact technically correct.
However the situation cannot actually arise.
If the FL conditions are not met the deal will fail, meaning we can get promoted because we meet PL regs under our current owners.
If we do meet the conditions then we can get promoted.

if the FL conditions do not include the PL requirements then the FL, PL, RFC, the Chinese and their respective lawyers are completely incompetent and creating a potentially insurmountable problem. If we win the playoffs and the PL refuse us promotion then there will be multiple legal challenges and given the short time between the playoff finals and the fixtures being published you cannot see things being resolved in time for the new season.

The Informant

by The Informant » 11 Apr 2017 12:39

Nameless Is it reasonable to assume that the conditions that still have to be met include those that the PL have mandated ?
If the FL conditions are not met the deal will fail, meaning we can get promoted because we meet PL regs under our current owners.

if the FL conditions do not include the PL requirements then the FL, PL, RFC, the Chinese and their respective lawyers are completely incompetent and creating a potentially insurmountable problem. If we win the playoffs and the PL refuse us promotion then there will be multiple legal challenges and given the short time between the playoff finals and the fixtures being published you cannot see things being resolved in time for the new season.

Not sure you know what you're talking about, vic.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Apr 2017 12:49

We agree to disagree.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Apr 2017 12:54

The Informant
Nameless Is it reasonable to assume that the conditions that still have to be met include those that the PL have mandated ?

Excellent, that confirms I'm on the right track Kes !

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Apr 2017 13:36

On the face of it, there are a lot of parallels to TSI so I understand the caution.

However, the Chinese appear to have their own money and they have experience of running a football club where, in the short term at least, they seem to be doing so in a controlled and sensible manner.

Anything else is just speculation. Not sure why the FA are kicking up such a fuss, if indeed they are. They fudged the QPR situation and
don't appear to be doing anything about Leeds. It does feel like they are making a token noise in order to be seen to be making a noise.

Phoenix Force

by Phoenix Force » 11 Apr 2017 13:43

The Informant

I am fairly confident that we know that you don't have a clue what you are talking about though.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 11 Apr 2017 13:46

The good dai yongge

Phoenix Force

by Phoenix Force » 11 Apr 2017 13:47

JimmytheJim The good dai yongge

:D :D

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Apr 2017 13:57

Can't you see, the writing's on the wall?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Apr 2017 14:06

Sutekh Can't you see, the writing's on the wall?

No. can you?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Apr 2017 14:31

From Despair To Where? On the face of it, there are a lot of parallels to TSI so I understand the caution.

However, the Chinese appear to have their own money and they have experience of running a football club where, in the short term at least, they seem to be doing so in a controlled and sensible manner.

Anything else is just speculation. Not sure why the FA are kicking up such a fuss, if indeed they are. They fudged the QPR situation and
don't appear to be doing anything about Leeds. It does feel like they are making a token noise in order to be seen to be making a noise.

Have the FA made any comment ? What is their role ?

The initial concerns came from the Football League and subsequent issues have come from the Premier League,

Leeds have had action taken against them. I think Cellini has served at least 2 suspensions due to his convictions for fraud, they also lost the big case brought by their compliance officer. It does seem odd that a club like that appears to be acceptable to the PL though.

948 posts