Anyone For Chinese?

948 posts
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Anyone For Chinese?

by Forbury Lion » 09 Jun 2017 10:37

Nameless He may get a megastore voucher for instance....
He gets a free seat in the directors box for each game, home and away and the media attention he craves.

Hitchytwo

by Hitchytwo » 09 Jun 2017 13:36

Another thing to think about, with the new home shirts to be announced. Who is our main sponsor now, with the new Chinese owners coming in will it still be carabao?

Also side note did everyone know that there are new sponsors of the league cup! so its now going to be called the Carabao cup!!! (OMEN?)
https://www.efl.com/news/2016/november/ ... f-efl-cup/

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Jun 2017 14:09

Forbury Lion
Nameless He may get a megastore voucher for instance....
He gets a free seat in the directors box for each game, home and away and the media attention he craves.

I note that his car park space has had the word chairman scrubbed out.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Jun 2017 14:10

Hitchytwo Another thing to think about, with the new home shirts to be announced. Who is our main sponsor now, with the new Chinese owners coming in will it still be carabao?

Also side note did everyone know that there are new sponsors of the league cup! so its now going to be called the Carabao cup!!! (OMEN?)

Think it's Carabao for the next couple of years (and Waitrose on the back of the shirt). Perhaps under the rules of the sponsorship Reading will get a bye directly to the final.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 09 Jun 2017 14:39

Reading v Chelsea, then.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 20 Jun 2017 17:06

Sutekh
Hitchytwo Another thing to think about, with the new home shirts to be announced. Who is our main sponsor now, with the new Chinese owners coming in will it still be carabao?

Think it's Carabao for the next couple of years (and Waitrose on the back of the shirt). Perhaps under the rules of the sponsorship Reading will get a bye directly to the final.

Just noticed on the club site that Waitrose is no longer listed as a club partner/sponsor :o

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jun 2017 17:27

Oilroyal
Sutekh

Just noticed on the club site that Waitrose is no longer listed as a club partner/sponsor :o

That's it. I'm getting a refund on my season ticket.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 21 Jun 2017 00:34

Shit. Where will I buy my quinoa now?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Jun 2017 19:43

Royal Ginger Shit. Where will I buy my quinoa now?

Try growing your own. Scoff.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jun 2017 09:13

Wonder if we'll get some form of PR statement/media presence from the new owners before the season starts. It would be nice to have some form of public comment from them just to understand priorities etc.

Hopefully Jaap will soon sign a new deal and there'll be an official media opportunity to catch up with them.

Hitchytwo

by Hitchytwo » 22 Jun 2017 10:28

Oilroyal
Sutekh

Don't worry we still have Eurocake :lol:

Has anyone even tried one of those?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jun 2017 14:24

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 22 Jun 2017 15:11

Sutekh

with Eurocake , Caraboa and Heineken as sponsors all we need now is Hooters and Spearmint Rhinos as new sponsors and we are in for one hell of a party

The Informant

by The Informant » 25 Jun 2017 09:38

:| :roll:

One87One

by One87One » 02 Jul 2017 14:15

It's still Carabao.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 03 Jul 2017 09:09

Have a contract with Carabao until 2019 apparently.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 04 Sep 2017 00:22

Errrr :?

"Chinese spending power in European football is set to be reined in as the country's government takes action to prevent money leaving the mainland and the Midlands could be particularly affected, with Aston Villa, Birmingham, West Bromwich Albion and Wolves all under Chinese ownership."

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Sep 2017 06:14

TBM Errrr :?

"Chinese spending power in European football is set to be reined in as the country's government takes action to prevent money leaving the mainland and the Midlands could be particularly affected, with Aston Villa, Birmingham, West Bromwich Albion and Wolves all under Chinese ownership."

Dai lives in HK and I'm pretty sure also has a business or holdings there and so wouldn't come under the same financial regulations and restrictions imposed by the mainland. Can't see it being a particular problem if I'm being honest.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Sep 2017 06:43

Saw that one on the BBC. No detail really as to what it might mean

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Sep 2017 07:22

CountryRoyal
TBM Errrr :?

Dai lives in HK and I'm pretty sure also has a business or holdings there and so wouldn't come under the same financial regulations and restrictions imposed by the mainland. Can't see it being a particular problem if I'm being honest.

Haven't our owners made a lot of their money in the UK?

948 posts