Anyone For Chinese?

948 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Anyone For Chinese?

by Nameless » 28 Apr 2017 19:29

Selling the flats provides the capital to build the rest of it, don't think there is any plan for them to be leased out by REP.
ongoing income then comes from the conference / Exhibition / events market and associated hotel and catering offshoots (presumably franchised out).

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 May 2017 08:53

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 17 May 2017 09:31

BBC RB were loving it last night and this morning, but i can't help think why release this news at the time they did? We're all happy to off to Wembley, release the news so as not to get a negative reaction. I'm suspicious.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 17 May 2017 09:33

Geekins BBC RB were loving it last night and this morning, but i can't help think why release this news at the time they did? We're all happy to off to Wembley, release the news so as not to get a negative reaction. I'm suspicious.

OR - if we'd lost the game, they'd be in a position to tell people not to be too down, we wouldn't lose all our players and there would be more investment.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 17 May 2017 09:36

muirinho
Geekins BBC RB were loving it last night and this morning, but i can't help think why release this news at the time they did? We're all happy to off to Wembley, release the news so as not to get a negative reaction. I'm suspicious.

OR - if we'd lost the game, they'd be in a position to tell people not to be too down, we wouldn't lose all our players and there would be more investment.

Players will go if they want to. As Dave Kitson said, he wasn't forced to leave but he wanted PL football so left for Stoke.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 May 2017 09:36

Presumably they released the news because the approval came through yesterday ?
They would have wanted to avoid creating a diversion before the game so released it afterwards (plus I suspect things were pretty busy before hand !)
Avoiding a 'negative' reaction seems odd. What negativity were you expecting ?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 May 2017 09:37

My guess would be that they planned to release it after the game but someone pressed the go button too early.

They tweeted about it again after the game which doesn't really tie in with trying to bury the news.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 17 May 2017 09:41

Well as with most of these foreign owners, plus with our own experience, they're not exactly in it for Reading. Asset stripping could be a reason. I don't know. Just seems a classic distraction tactic that's all.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 May 2017 09:49

Geekins Well as with most of these foreign owners, plus with our own experience, they're not exactly in it for Reading. Asset stripping could be a reason. I don't know. Just seems a classic distraction tactic that's all.

Does paranoia run in your family ?
Publishing a statement that your club has changed owners on your club website on a day when traffic to that website will be huge is hardly 'distraction'.
Should they have held off until after Wembley ? And then been accused of hiding something ?
What makes you think they are asset strippers ? They have a decent track record with the club they already own. If they are cut from the same cloth as the Thai's we'll be in good shape in the next few years, already positive comments from them and seeing as they have been effectively running the club for 5 months already I'm pretty optimistic bout their intentions

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 May 2017 10:12

The ELF have now commented.

The EFL can confirm that they have no objections to the change of control application made by Reading.
Following a full review of the transaction, the EFL has insisted upon - and the club/new owners have agreed - to a number of additional reporting requirements including enhanced financial monitoring, so as to ensure that their performance is consistent with the application we have considered.

We would like to wish the new majority shareholders Mr Yongge Dai and Miss Xui Li Dai the very best of luck in their future endeavours with the club.

We will be making no further comment.

Read more at http://www.efl.com/news/article/2016/ef ... IEiwTPf.99

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 May 2017 10:20

winchester_royal

My guess would be that they planned to release it after the game but someone pressed the go button too early.

They tweeted about it again after the game which doesn't really tie in with trying to bury the news.

That was the impression I got, that it was a mistake in the scheduling.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 17 May 2017 10:26

Nameless
Geekins Well as with most of these foreign owners, plus with our own experience, they're not exactly in it for Reading. Asset stripping could be a reason. I don't know. Just seems a classic distraction tactic that's all.

Does paranoia run in your family ?
Publishing a statement that your club has changed owners on your club website on a day when traffic to that website will be huge is hardly 'distraction'.
Should they have held off until after Wembley ? And then been accused of hiding something ?
What makes you think they are asset strippers ? They have a decent track record with the club they already own. If they are cut from the same cloth as the Thai's we'll be in good shape in the next few years, already positive comments from them and seeing as they have been effectively running the club for 5 months already I'm pretty optimistic bout their intentions

Well said.

I would like to know who Geekins et al think would be a good owner for the club. I, for one, don't want to see the club disappear through lack of investment. As John Madejski has oft said, to run this club we need billionaires, millionaires aren't wealthy enough. So, if you are wary of the Chinese link let's see a list of suitable other extremely wealthy people who you believe will show an interest. Then tell us why they are better than this option.

Yes, it is a risk. Any business takeover is. Surely it is a risk worth taking at this juncture though?

namroyal

by namroyal » 17 May 2017 10:28

This is very cynical timing. I suspect a condition precedent that we had to get to play off final before deal completed.

The deal probably couldn't complete after the final (if we won) as would then need PL ratification rather than just EFL ratification.

So someone has rolled the dice on us winning the final and I fear for where we will end up if we remain in Championship next season.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 May 2017 10:30

Geekins As Dave Kitson said, he wanted..football so left for Stoke.

:? :shock:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 May 2017 10:47

namroyal This is very cynical timing. I suspect a condition precedent that we had to get to play off final before deal completed.

The deal probably couldn't complete after the final (if we won) as would then need PL ratification rather than just EFL ratification.

So someone has rolled the dice on us winning the final and I fear for where we will end up if we remain in Championship next season.

Really?

So you are saying that if we had lost last night then the deal wouldn't have been announced? The EFL have confirmed it.

For your theory to hold any water, it means that the contracts were sat there and weren't signed until 9.30 last night or some sort of clause was inserted saying they could walk away if we lost. Both situations would be crazy.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 May 2017 10:59

namroyal This is very cynical timing. I suspect a condition precedent that we had to get to play off final before deal completed.

So the Chinese have put themselves in the position of us winning the final and then being prevented from going up ? Why would they do that ?
The PL raised concerns months ago which have either been dealt with to their satisfaction or withdrawn.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 17 May 2017 11:11

previous issues were with how the deal for the previous club was structured, not with the two of them.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 17 May 2017 11:11

Fukks sake, Last night we got to the Championship playoff final which could be worth 170m + for us if we win it, we also added two billionaires to the board.
Yet some folks still find something to moan about.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 May 2017 11:18

Maneki Neko previous issues were with how the deal for the previous club was structured, not with the two of them.

Sort of.
The PL objected to the Hull deal because one of the other consortium members failed the FPP.
Because of that they were all over this deal and wanted the source of the funds to be transparent, presumably to ensure the person who had failed was not involved and these two were fronting him.
The Chinese had to change the way the deal was structured in order to overcome the objections and it has to be inconceivable that it doesn't now meet the PL requirements. I doubt they can state categorically that this is the case because until we have got to a position where we are in the PL it's not definitive. We need to meet the PL requirements at the point we are qualified to join the PL.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 May 2017 11:42

72 bus

Fukks sake, Last night we got to the Championship playoff final which could be worth 170m + for us if we win it, we also added two billionaires to the board.
Yet some folks still find something to moan about.

yep

The takeover was announced half way through the second half of the game - that was the weird thing for me.

Reading into it, it was ratified yesterday, and they were obviously wanting to share the news asap. I don't see any conspiracy behind it, we've all known this would likely happen for a long time.

I'm surprised a deal was agreed before the play offs were over though, surely we are worth many many times more as a Prem club. No doubt there are two prices depending on whether we go up or not, and they are happy to pay either

948 posts