Anyone For Chinese?

948 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Anyone For Chinese?

by Stranded » 12 Apr 2017 08:25

Nameless
From Despair To Where? On the face of it, there are a lot of parallels to TSI so I understand the caution.

However, the Chinese appear to have their own money and they have experience of running a football club where, in the short term at least, they seem to be doing so in a controlled and sensible manner.

Anything else is just speculation. Not sure why the FA are kicking up such a fuss, if indeed they are. They fudged the QPR situation and
don't appear to be doing anything about Leeds. It does feel like they are making a token noise in order to be seen to be making a noise.

Have the FA made any comment ? What is their role ?

The initial concerns came from the Football League and subsequent issues have come from the Premier League,

Leeds have had action taken against them. I think Cellini has served at least 2 suspensions due to his convictions for fraud, they also lost the big case brought by their compliance officer. It does seem odd that a club like that appears to be acceptable to the PL though.

Yeah but they are Leeds though, a "big club". One thing that is pretty standard in football, always punish the smaller club harsher that the larger club.

Wasn't it Spurs and Swindon who were both found guilty of very similar offences back in the 90s? Spurs got a fine, Swindon relegated.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Apr 2017 08:54

Stranded
Nameless
From Despair To Where? On the face of it, there are a lot of parallels to TSI so I understand the caution.

However, the Chinese appear to have their own money and they have experience of running a football club where, in the short term at least, they seem to be doing so in a controlled and sensible manner.

Anything else is just speculation. Not sure why the FA are kicking up such a fuss, if indeed they are. They fudged the QPR situation and
don't appear to be doing anything about Leeds. It does feel like they are making a token noise in order to be seen to be making a noise.

The initial concerns came from the Football League and subsequent issues have come from the Premier League,

Leeds have had action taken against them. I think Cellini has served at least 2 suspensions due to his convictions for fraud, they also lost the big case brought by their compliance officer. It does seem odd that a club like that appears to be acceptable to the PL though.

Yeah but they are Leeds though, a "big club". One thing that is pretty standard in football, always punish the smaller club harsher that the larger club.

Wasn't it Spurs and Swindon who were both found guilty of very similar offences back in the 90s? Spurs got a fine, Swindon relegated.

Yes, thought at the time that that was utterly disgusting as precedents were already set with both Swindon being "relegated" and the same happening to Peterborough when they were done for similar activities in the late 60s yet Spurs just got a meaningless fine.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Apr 2017 11:30

It's the same the world over. Who cares if you're not actually addressing the problem, if you want to be seen to be doing something pick on the small guy because the bigger guys shout louder and give you a bigger headache.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 12 Apr 2017 12:26

Reading fans complaining about Swindon being relegated. I've read it all now.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Apr 2017 12:44

Norfolk Royal Reading fans complaining about Swindon being relegated. I've read it all now.

I'd like to think for that sort of thing where the injustice of one club being treated more favourably than another, potentially because of club stature would transcend club rivalry.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 12 Apr 2017 12:45

Stam on his future: "I'm not the person who is going to go straight away, I am happy here. As long as there is no reason for me to leave we are planning for next season. I am happy here. I want build something and get to the Premier League".

Stam on the takeover: "The takeover is for the owners to deal with. We will see what happens but the new owners are very serious about the future. I met the new owners a while ago...I think it is a positive step for the club"

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Apr 2017 12:50

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 12 Apr 2017 14:57

tidus_mi2
Norfolk Royal Reading fans complaining about Swindon being relegated. I've read it all now.

I'd like to think for that sort of thing where the injustice of one club being treated more favourably than another, potentially because of club stature would transcend club rivalry.

It would appear not.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 12 Apr 2017 15:17

Stranded
Nameless

Swindon didn't have Tim Sherwood to speak up for them then :lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Apr 2017 15:23

royalp-we Stam on his future: "I'm not the person who is going to go straight away, I am happy here. As long as there is no reason for me to leave we are planning for next season. I am happy here. I want build something and get to the Premier League".

Stam on the takeover: "The takeover is for the owners to deal with. We will see what happens but the new owners are very serious about the future. I met the new owners a while ago...I think it is a positive step for the club"

Referring to them as the new owners, interesting.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 12 Apr 2017 15:49

Easier than saying prospective new owners subject to their meeting the various league approvals I'd imagine

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 12 Apr 2017 15:52

The question is:

Just how much of a corrupt, criminal, mafia back genocidal headcase would you have to be for the PREMIER LEAGUE to say they don't want you involved with them . . . . The PL would supply Assad with chemical weapons if he offered them a good enough tv rights deal.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Apr 2017 20:26

Elm Park Kid The question is:

Just how much of a corrupt, criminal, mafia back genocidal headcase would you have to be for the PREMIER LEAGUE to say they don't want you involved with them . . . . The PL would supply Assad with chemical weapons if he offered them a good enough tv rights deal.

Top Flight will not like this.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 13 Apr 2017 20:06

Ian Royal
Elm Park Kid The question is:

Top Flight will not like this.

Only because it's true Ian!

A little snippet from the Athletic News, dated 9th January 1911 - no doubt something similar will be written once the Chinese have stripped the club of the assets THEY want. Didn't take the Thais long to get what they wanted did it? (As I said as soon as they bought the land .. er sorry, Club).

(My other nickname is Private Frazer :wink: )

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Apr 2017 00:15

Where the hell do you find this stuff!?

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 14 Apr 2017 20:25

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39554486

Don't take this the wrong way, love her dearly BUT
Has she had a face lift? Trout pout?

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 15 Apr 2017 13:25

She will fight for the honour of our car park.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 15 Apr 2017 14:26

mumbo-jumbo http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39554486

Has she had a facelift? LOL!

Either that or she's been stung by a million bees. She can take her song and fukk off! She's got exactly what she wanted and she's getting out whilst the goings good. All this "you need even deeper pockets than us" bollox is a ruse. It meant something when JM said it, but now it's a just a get out clause used by lying Billionaires. If this Chinese chap and his sister say it after securing the rights to the hot dog stand and all future Golden Gamble profits, we better hope the Sultan of Brunei is looking to buy a club.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Apr 2017 14:57

Scutterbucketz
mumbo-jumbo http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39554486

Has she had a facelift? LOL!

Either that or she's been stung by a million bees. She can take her song and fukk off! She's got exactly what she wanted and she's getting out whilst the goings good. All this "you need even deeper pockets than us" bollox is a ruse. It meant something when JM said it, but now it's a just a get out clause used by lying Billionaires. If this Chinese chap and his sister say it after securing the rights to the hot dog stand and all future Golden Gamble profits, we better hope the Sultan of Brunei is looking to buy a club.

Sultans of ping more like

One87One

by One87One » 19 Apr 2017 07:14

Another Chinese takeover has just fallen through because the Chinese can't get their money out of China to purchase football clubs any more. We're used of being kept in he dark, but that should affect us too!

948 posts