Anyone For Chinese?

948 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Anyone For Chinese?

by Sutekh » 18 May 2017 16:48

Well it would be utterly ludicrous if the FL's F&PP's test was well out of sync with what the PL's F&PP's test so it shouldn't ever be in doubt once the FL approved it.

Mind you having just seen that the Forest take over has just been approved (see link below) and the new owner is facing allegations of match fixing in Greece it does make you wonder what you have to do to be rejected.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39962342

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 May 2017 19:11

Hound on Sky that the PL were consulted over the takeover and would be fine if we did go up. Not that it was ever really in doubt

Bryan Swanson @skysports_bryan
Premier League held talks with EFL over @ReadingFC takeover and "agreeing conditions to be met by new owners" if promoted. #SSNHQ

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 18 May 2017 19:39

exileinleeds
Sutekh
UpThePrem Not seen anything about John Madejski's position since the takeover. Is he still co-chairman?

Yes, apparently his position at the club will not change.

Excellent. I hope we also keep the stadium name....Not sure I would be so happy with the more Chinese sounding 'Happy Dai Yongge'

It sounds like a tinpot take away.

Maybe we can do a deal with the well known dietary supplement....

The Slimfast Dai Yongge stadium...

I'll get my coat....

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 18 May 2017 19:55

I'm optimistic about the takeover, they actually have their own money and have been saying the right things so far.

Of course I was optimistic about Anton as well.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 May 2017 20:08

I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover but they look shady af. :lol:

Also the whole "billionaire" owner thing has sort of lost its appeal when you look at clubs like Villa, Wolves...etc

Definitely a necessity to take us to the next level but I hope they don't just come in and start spunking stupid money on things - has to be said the noises coming out are fairly comforting ones.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 May 2017 20:16

I'd rather look at their track record in running Football clubs which is pretty reassuring.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 May 2017 20:28

From Despair To Where? I'd rather look at their track record in running Football clubs which is pretty reassuring.

Cba to trawl through everything. What clubs do they own? Beijing renhe which got relegated and a second division Belgian side iirc? Any others?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 May 2017 21:03

They appear to have run both clubs pretty sensibly. Sustainable business model, relative success on the pitch and stability off it.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 May 2017 21:15

Having seen the 'CV' of the Greek that the EFL have just cleared to buy Notts Forest, I'm amazed it took so long for our buyers to get cleared.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 May 2017 21:36

Precisely, especially considering the sticking point for the Hull deal was people not involved in our deal.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 May 2017 09:21

CountryRoyal I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover but they look shady af. :lol:

Also the whole "billionaire" owner thing has sort of lost its appeal when you look at clubs like Villa, Wolves...etc

Definitely a necessity to take us to the next level but I hope they don't just come in and start spunking stupid money on things - has to be said the noises coming out are fairly comforting ones.

All I ask is that they back the manager in whatever he thinks is needed to improve the team whether that's signing an "unknown" for a pittance or spending £5/6m on a new striker.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 May 2017 09:46

RoyalBlue Having seen the 'CV' of the Greek that the EFL have just cleared to buy Notts Forest, I'm amazed it took so long for our buyers to get cleared.

It's Nottm Forest or Notts County.
Or has he got a BOGOF Deal ?

At least with Forest there was no need for the PL to get involved with vetting the buyer...

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 19 May 2017 10:05

Backed by JM as having deep pockets...

Oh dear

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 May 2017 10:43

loyalroyaldaz Backed by JM as having deep pockets...

Oh dear

Well certainly in 2014 Dai Xi Li was worth $1.4bn so if that is still the case then they do have deep pockets.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 May 2017 11:07

That $1.4 billion will be looking a lot healthier in £ as well...
Of course Anton in theory had way, way more than that in the pockets of his main backer.
How much of that money is accessible (not tied up in assets, not stuck in chinese banks) and how much they want to invest (as opposed to how much they want to load onto the debt) is crucial.
Will be interesting to know what happens with the money they put in in January. That was a loan to the club, repayable if the deal didn't complete. Has that now been added to the club debt, has it been taken off the selling price, has it been written off ?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 May 2017 11:45

Stranded

Oh dear

Well certainly in 2014 Dai Xi Li was worth $1.4bn so if that is still the case then they do have deep pockets.
People with deep pockets often have short arms.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 May 2017 12:12

Forbury Lion
Stranded

Oh dear

People with deep pockets often have short arms.

They do, the record with the club she is involved in in Belgium is only positive.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 May 2017 12:15

Nameless That $1.4 billion will be looking a lot healthier in £ as well...
Of course Anton in theory had way, way more than that in the pockets of his main backer.
How much of that money is accessible (not tied up in assets, not stuck in chinese banks) and how much they want to invest (as opposed to how much they want to load onto the debt) is crucial.
Will be interesting to know what happens with the money they put in in January. That was a loan to the club, repayable if the deal didn't complete. Has that now been added to the club debt, has it been taken off the selling price, has it been written off ?

Xiu Li is somewhere between £1.2-1.7bn, depending on the source.

Yongge is unknown (but given he recently paid $1bn upfront to buy yet more bunkers to turn into malls you have to assume he has a few £. Publicly (Forbes) suggest he's worth about £250m, expect there's more we don't know about.

Transparency isn't exactly rife here...

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 21 May 2017 14:48

Why no press conference ? Very eager to hear about there plans for the club. Seems a little strange if you compare it to our previous ones.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 May 2017 16:49

LoyalRoyal22 Why no press conference ? Very eager to hear about there plans for the club. Seems a little strange if you compare it to our previous ones.

Little matter of the playoff final to attend to.

Everything will be announced and sorted out in due time - no point convoluting things which such a big game at steak.

948 posts