Stam = RattLOLed?

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Stam = RattLOLed?

by genome » 14 Dec 2016 14:12

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... d-12317395

Royals were beaten 2-0 in Yorkshire - despite having 77 per cent of possession - with Stam describing the performance as one of the best of the season.

But the Leeds fans inside Elland Road clearly had a different opinion on the display - with chants of ‘boring boring Reading’ ringing around the famous old stadium.

The chants were aimed at the way the visitors were keeping the ball in defence - and they left Stam far from impressed.

“You can tell something about how they are as human beings to be fair," he said.

"It's a way of thinking.

“Because if you think that this is boring I think they need to have a look at their own team and how they play.”

“They can say ‘we won’ and of course at the end it’s about the result - but if you need to play like that then I don’t want to be a manager.

“Because I don’t want to play and just wait and wait and wait. That’s not my type of playing, my type of tactics.

“You can say congratulations to Garry Monk, he got the result and everyone wants results.

“But in terms of way of playing, it’s not my cup of tea.”

Do he have previous with Leeds? Because those are some shots fired there :lol:

Soul Man

Re: Stam = RattLOLed?

by Soul Man » 14 Dec 2016 14:17

Everyone that once played for Man U as a previous with Leeds fans whether they like it or not.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Dec 2016 14:26

A bit of an odd reaction as listening to the radio, the result sounded totally expected, the reactions from people who actually went, matches my experience of listening to BBCRB. At the end of the day, Leeds won on the day but for now we're still third. We have a remarkably poor record on mid-week away games though.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 14 Dec 2016 15:39

tidus_mi2 A bit of an odd reaction as listening to the radio, the result sounded totally expected, the reactions from people who actually went, matches my experience of listening to BBCRB. At the end of the day, Leeds won on the day but for now we're still third. We have a remarkably poor record on mid-week away games though.

Yep, agreed. He's always come across as pretty calm up to now, didn't realise he'd have such an issue with Leeds fans. I'd take Charlie Watts reviews as pretty objective (unlike BBRCB at times), and he's clearly taken aback by that view of the game & the fans.
Ah well, hopefully we'll turn over Leeds when they come down here. Our home record is actually pretty decent at the moment. Let's do it for Japp :-)

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 14 Dec 2016 16:08

This is all set up for us banging in 5-0 in the return fixture and ironic chants of 'boring boring Reading' coming from the East Stand.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 14 Dec 2016 16:27

Stockport Royal This is all set up for us banging in 5-0 in the return fixture and ironic chants of 'boring boring Reading' coming from the East Stand.

It's certainly set it up nicely for a tip-top atmosphere!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Dec 2016 16:28

tidus_mi2 A bit of an odd reaction as listening to the radio, the result sounded totally expected, the reactions from people who actually went, matches my experience of listening to BBCRB. At the end of the day, Leeds won on the day but for now we're still third. We have a remarkably poor record on mid-week away games though.

Now stands at 0 league wins in 20 attempts away from home in midweek (only 7 draws from those games).

Anyone know if we have any other midweek aways this season i.e. a Tuesday or Wednesday evening ? Might be an idea to plan to be doing something else that/those night(s)

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 14 Dec 2016 16:49

Birmingham January 31st

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Dec 2016 17:23

For a guy who presents himself as a tough and intimidating character that is a mighty hissy fit he's thrown.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 14 Dec 2016 17:24

sandman For a guy who presents himself as a tough and intimidating character that is a mighty hissy fit he's thrown.

Yeh I wonder what his username on here is.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 14 Dec 2016 20:02

Clearly the truth hurts Mr Stam, does it not? 77% possession and 2 shots on target tells all one needs to know.

Rumours abound about interest in yet another midfielder in Mutch. Not only are RFC trying to play like Barcelona, (unsuccessfully as it turns out), they now want to play the same formation 4-6-0. Hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Oh well, onto the next takeover and asset strip. Another 2 more of these and we'll be right back where we came from.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Dec 2016 20:21

strap Clearly the truth hurts Mr Stam, does it not? 77% possession and 2 shots on target tells all one needs to know.

Rumours abound about interest in yet another midfielder in Mutch. Not only are RFC trying to play like Barcelona, (unsuccessfully as it turns out), they now want to play the same formation 4-6-0. Hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Oh well, onto the next takeover and asset strip. Another 2 more of these and we'll be right back where we came from.

That's a bit of an odd attitude for a supporter of a team that's been shit for 4 years but is 3rd in December.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Dec 2016 20:22

Green
sandman For a guy who presents himself as a tough and intimidating character that is a mighty hissy fit he's thrown.

Yeh I wonder what his username on here is.

Tulip

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1