CONFIMRED - Tiago Ilori

354 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Tiago Ilori

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Jan 2017 19:59

Royal Rother Held off Barcelona single handed by the looks of it....

https://youtu.be/DBia7Zgo5pk

Can we sign the last 2 Grenada substitutes in that clip? Surely a winning combination

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 05 Jan 2017 21:33

retro royal Sky reporting

READING HAVE ILORI BID ACCEPTED

Reading have had a bid of £3.75m – plus add-ons – accepted by Liverpool for the 23-year-old Portugal U23 centre-back Tiago Ilori.

The decision to leave for the Championship club is now down to the player.

So according to SKY its £3.75m upfront! :shock:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Jan 2017 21:35

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 05 Jan 2017 21:42

Guess who's already got a thread up and running on "Reading Spending" ?

Brighton.

They really are a pantie wetting bunch of tw@ts

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Jan 2017 21:46

:?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Jan 2017 21:54

Disappointed at #tinpot watch, where are they all?

Although there is one good post about how fans are always more self deprecating about their own teams and perhaps don't realise how good they actually are.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Jan 2017 22:03

Amazed that they have a longer thread than we do about an rumoured signing !

Also bizarre that apparantly we aren't a good side because we have poor 'expected goal' statistics ! Forget the 46 points, we won't go up because some 6th former has invented another irrelevant 'statistic'

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 05 Jan 2017 22:37

OK so there is a seven page thread on here about how we need to sign a striker and we look like signing a center back. Meanwhile another rumour has it that our top scorer and (IMO) best player could be sold to Valencia. I suppose if we get a big fee for the GMAC then we can theoretically afford to spaff three and three quarter million on a 24 year old who plays for Liverpool U23's :|

JIM

by JIM » 05 Jan 2017 22:49

We all want little b to get to the premiership, cause its 6 cert points for the ROYALS, when we get there,

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 05 Jan 2017 23:36

Nameless Amazed that they have a longer thread than we do about an rumoured signing !

IT's not really; their threads only have 10 posts per page.

RoyalX

by RoyalX » 05 Jan 2017 23:53

Nameless Amazed that they have a longer thread than we do about an rumoured signing !

Also bizarre that apparantly we aren't a good side because we have poor 'expected goal' statistics ! Forget the 46 points, we won't go up because some 6th former has invented another irrelevant 'statistic'

:lol: at you deeming something irrelevant because you personally haven't heard about it or don't understand it.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jan 2017 00:02

The power of social media tells me this is most likely a done deal.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Jan 2017 05:44

RoyalX

:lol: at you deeming something irrelevant because you personally haven't heard about it or don't understand it.

It's obviously irrelevant to him... and to me tbh. In fact I'd hazard a guess and say you're in the minority of people who give a shit about a statistic like that.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Jan 2017 08:08

RoyalX

But all this "expected goal" nonsense is surely based on a fixed conversion rate of chances which I presume is based on an average. Or, as one of the posters on NSC put it, if we're so shit, how come we're third. The basis of that calculation has got to be a wildly inaccurate assumption.

Just goes to show, the only statistic worth paying attention to is the one in the column headed "Points". Everything else is window dressing.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Tiago Ilor

by Mr Optimist » 06 Jan 2017 08:48

He wasn't playing on Wednedsay night in Liverpool under 23's 6-0 win against Bangor City that I froze my nuts off watching earlier this week. They did have a number of other talented youngsters that have bright futures ahead of them I would say. The stand outs were local North Walian lad Harry Wilson, Paolo Alves, or one of the subs Jack Dunn. Happy if we take any of these three too!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Jan 2017 09:21

From Despair To Where?
RoyalX

But all this "expected goal" nonsense is surely based on a fixed conversion rate of chances which I presume is based on an average. Or, as one of the posters on NSC put it, if we're so shit, how come we're third. The basis of that calculation has got to be a wildly inaccurate assumption.

Just goes to show, the only statistic worth paying attention to is the one in the column headed "Points". Everything else is window dressing.

I think for the most part, experimental 3-6-1 is pretty solid but the creator does seem religiously attached to it where I feel he should be spending more time looking at why his system doesn't even come close to accurately predicting our results before throwing it to the side as an anomaly, or just outright saying his system says we are riding our luck at the moment. You don't ride your luck for half a season.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Jan 2017 09:28

RoyalX

Both are obviously key factors !

On the other hand I'm also naturally suspicious of counter intuitive complex mathematical analysis of football. If you are consistently winning games and points I'm not sure a mathematical model that says you won't keep winning games and points has to be rather suspicious.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 06 Jan 2017 09:38

tidus_mi2
From Despair To Where?
RoyalX

I think for the most part, experimental 3-6-1 is pretty solid but the creator does seem religiously attached to it where I feel he should be spending more time looking at why his system doesn't even come close to accurately predicting our results before throwing it to the side as an anomaly, or just outright saying his system says we are riding our luck at the moment. You don't ride your luck for half a season.

Having watched most of our home games I'd say we do

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 06 Jan 2017 09:38

Don't know much about this guy but most reports say he has looked decent and quite pacey. I am pretty sure that transfer fee, as all are, will be broken down into basic + appearance so much of the reported fee won't be paid for some time, some may never be paid. I hope Ilori knows he will spend most of his time knocking it back to the keeper.

We do seriously need someone up front though

Hitchytwo

by Hitchytwo » 06 Jan 2017 09:44

Lower West
Hitchytwo I personally and excited about this transfer! (If it goes through). I completely trust stams judgement on the defenders. He must know what a 'hidden gem' of a centerback looks like, based on the Moore and Blackett signing.

Coopers days are numbered at RFC. Hasn't good what Stam requires. Reminds me of Flint at Brizzle City. Both very much in the mould of old fashioned English centre backs. Lack all round technical ability.

I agree although he has got the advantage of height. There are not many centerbacks in the championship as tall as cooper. For that reason alone I would keep him at least on the bench.

354 posts