BFTG - United (A)

150 posts
Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - United (A)

by Royals and Racers » 07 Jan 2017 22:33

Bit of aggro on the 16.27 cross country train from Manchester Pic to Reading- British Transport police got involved after a head-butting incident. Train stood still at Banbury station for about 45 mins whilst it was sorted out. The only good thing about being 37 mins late into Reading is that 50% of the fare will be returned as compensation.
Last edited by Royals and Racers on 07 Jan 2017 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 07 Jan 2017 22:34

Silver Fox There's some epic fvckwittery in the above 3 posts

You're right, their point of view. Drat.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 07 Jan 2017 22:59

Lower West
CountryRoyal That was some of the worst defending I think I've seen. If we played like that in the champ we'd be in the relegation zone. It was awful.

Fortunately we won't face an attacking force of this magnitude in the Championship. However clearly shows the gulf not only between the leagues but within the Premiership itself. To consider ourselves worthy of promotion this team has some way to go in terms of improving and evolving. The players that learnt from today will go onto be much better players in the future. Those that don't won't part of Stam's plans. Tiago Ilori hopefully will be the first part of the jig saw.

Man U played well. They did what they had to. They were organised, disciplined and up for it. Contrastly we were awful at the start. I don't mind losing (we were expected to) but it's the manner about how we literally gifted them two goals which was a bit gutting. We are better than what we showed today and while admittedly the gulf in class is and was obvious, our play today is not fitting of a top 6 championship side, we were that poor. Just an unfortunate case of major stage fright really.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Jan 2017 23:00

Westwood52 Moore 5:Got found out

Watching the goals back, all four..........

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Jan 2017 23:06

CountryRoyal Man U played well. They did what they had to. They were organised, disciplined and up for it. Contrastly we were awful at the start. I don't mind losing (we were expected to) but it's the manner about how we literally gifted them two goals which was a bit gutting. We are better than what we showed today and while admittedly the gulf in class is and was obvious, our play today is not fitting of a top 6 championship side, we were that poor. Just an unfortunate case of major stage fright really.

We've gifted plenty of chances this season to opposition Championship teams. Against top six premiership opponents you get severely punished. All part of the learning process for team and manager. Jose had done his homework on us in setting up the formation that United adopted..

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 07 Jan 2017 23:13

Lower West
CountryRoyal Man U played well. They did what they had to. They were organised, disciplined and up for it. Contrastly we were awful at the start. I don't mind losing (we were expected to) but it's the manner about how we literally gifted them two goals which was a bit gutting. We are better than what we showed today and while admittedly the gulf in class is and was obvious, our play today is not fitting of a top 6 championship side, we were that poor. Just an unfortunate case of major stage fright really.

We've gifted plenty of chances this season to opposition Championship teams. Against top six premiership opponents you get severely punished. All part of the learning process for team and manager. Jose had done his homework on us in setting up the formation that United adopted..

Yep agree with that really. I suppose it's a complement they took us seriously. Ah well. Onwards and upwards.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 08 Jan 2017 01:37

For an hour (15-75 minutes) we pretty well held our own without ever truly threatening them.

The first 15 was a nightmare. We stood off them and let them play. I'd have liked to see us get stuck in early on a bit, giving them less time on the ball. In the first half we barely won a second ball.

A number of times we had a half decent shooting chance, hesitated, the chance was gone & we'd pass square instead, and eventually we'd work the ball back to AAH. Maybe long shots would have come to nothing but I just wish we'd tried a few more. At 2-0 getting a goal back might have given us a chance.

I thought Kelly was our best player especially when he was in the more forward role. Swift looked good when he came on as well.

We looked better once Obita and Swift were on and we were trying to take the game to them more.

The 4th goal was something I had expected to see long before now this season. While it was annoying at least it didn't cost us points or the match.

I don't think we gave a good enough account of ourselves over the full 90. Now to concentrate on the league.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 08 Jan 2017 07:22

Interesting game, we didnt seem brave, either defensively or going forward.
Stam will have learned a lot from this defeat.
There are a few players that frankly are not quite good enough.
Disappointed in Williams and McCleary. Hoped for more from them.
Both newd new contracts asap if Stam intends to keep them here, otherwise I can see the effort falling slightly as they try not to get injured, same as happened in SSC last season when we just fell apart as the end of the season got closer.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jan 2017 07:34

McLeary has one quiet game and suddenly he's accused of bottling it and running down his contract.
Amazing considering how committed he's been this season.
Can't judge a player just on the TV games you know.....

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 08 Jan 2017 08:05

Nameless McLeary has one quiet game and suddenly he's accused of bottling it and running down his contract.

I thought he played really well considering the amount of defending he had to do and the relatively limited ball time he had. He was probably our most regular attacking threat (not that there was much of that) and got beyond Blind on a few occasions. Yes I'm clutching at straws about how much of a threat we presented to United.....but I just don't think McCleary was anywhere near the worst of our performances yesterday.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 08 Jan 2017 08:33

We were basically outplayed by a team with far superior resources. Not going to read too much into it. Was a shonky back four, though, and we looked really inexperienced. A few players a bit out of their depth. Thats it, really.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 08 Jan 2017 08:34

Kitsondinho
Nameless McLeary has one quiet game and suddenly he's accused of bottling it and running down his contract.

I thought he played really well considering the amount of defending he had to do and the relatively limited ball time he had. He was probably our most regular attacking threat (not that there was much of that) and got beyond Blind on a few occasions. Yes I'm clutching at straws about how much of a threat we presented to United.....but I just don't think McCleary was anywhere near the worst of our performances yesterday.

My thoughts as well. Thought he was one of our better players. His counterpart on the other side of the pitch doesnt look up to much if Im honest.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 08 Jan 2017 09:20

Away from home against stronger opposition we need to tighten up. They should carry on with the style but maybe sure it up with another holding midfielder (4231)

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 08 Jan 2017 10:02

LoyalRoyal22 Away from home against stronger opposition we need to tighten up. They should carry on with the style but maybe sure it up with another holding midfielder (4231)

Agreed. Also I know Yann has a better strike rate and is more lethal in front of goal, but Samuel may have been a better choice to start yesterday. More chance of him running in behind the defence etc. Not saying it would have made any difference to the result though.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 08 Jan 2017 10:14

Kitsondinho

He was considerably better yesterday than he was against Bristol City.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 08 Jan 2017 10:22

Lower West

Was he 'found out' or did he just have a bad game?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 Jan 2017 10:40

peterroyal76
Lower West

I think and hope he just had a bad game for once.
Poor bloke having Gunter, Joey and Blackett playing alongside him, all of whom are unpredictable and unreliable...and with the Liverpool lad signing it looks as though the manager is fully aware of their limitations.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 08 Jan 2017 11:55

Victor Meldrew
peterroyal76
Lower West

I think and hope he just had a bad game for once.
Poor bloke having Gunter, Joey and Blackett playing alongside him, all of whom are unpredictable and unreliable...and with the Liverpool lad signing it looks as though the manager is fully aware of their limitations.
agree with this. He knows he can rely on McShane to do his defensive tasks, whereas having Joey next to him, who knows what will happen.

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 08 Jan 2017 12:17

bobby1413 Agree with CR.

Having lost I couldn't give two sh1ts about the result. Came for a weekend away and a bit of a jolly

However it was disappointing to not put in a performance we are capable of.

I really don't wanna see Blackett near the starting line up again. He's utter sh1te.

Atmosphere from home fans was terrible. Good to see away fans standing and in decent voice.

The spell in the second half was good but we just couldn't break through. It seemed like our players bottled it a bit. Some didn't look themselves, scared of the occasion maybe, I'd like to have seem more shots from distance as we weren't having any luck trying to run them all in

Anyway, I'm going to continue Resting in the hotel for a bit then go back out and drink myself stupid.

Well said Bobby.
I did the same feeling it today.
Dry train back because of port vale scumbags ripping the place up. Animals.

Very few reading players came away with much credibility which as you say is a real shame because they are capable of more.

As an aside I stayed in the hotel football which I cannot recommend enough btw.
The boy was in his absolute element. Met sammy Mcilroy and Norman whiteside after the game too. Both absolute Gents.

Roll on QPR and three points 8)

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 08 Jan 2017 13:04

Kitsondinho

In fact he was one of our better performers and the few times he got the ball he looked very good on it. That was also the general consensus from their own fans. Those who are not a fan for whatever reason have been dying for one of his quieter games to berate him.

And those who think he is running down his contract deliberately need to do one. Same applies to Williams also.
Last edited by WestRoyal on 08 Jan 2017 13:41, edited 1 time in total.

150 posts