Reading Fulham half time

anR

Reading Fulham half time

by anR » 08 Jan 2017 15:04

With Fulham beating Cardiff today the rescheduled game will be on an irritating midweek slot now. But can someone help my memory with the name of the American music group who performed at half time just before we were told to go home early during the Fulham game?

Cheers

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Reading Fulham half time

by Sutekh » 08 Jan 2017 15:26

Wasn't it something like the Delaware marching band?

anR

by anR » 08 Jan 2017 15:30

That seems familiar, cheers.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Jan 2017 17:24

The way the club described them was very generic! They were actually The Tiger Marching Band from Alexis I. duPont High School in Greenville, Delaware.

They must be pretty good because they've been accepted to perform at the London New Year's Day Parade 8 times now.

This is what they are like when they aren't crammed in between the touchline and the stand on a freezing. foggy night with an DJ Megaparty still trying to hog the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifmVd-S2bQQ

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Jan 2017 09:33

^ Just goes to show how ridiculous the club can be sometimes. What is the point in arranging a band like that as half time entertainment unless you let them make use of the pitch itself and keep the pa system quiet for 5 minutes.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 09 Jan 2017 09:42

In fairness, given how much activity happens on the pitch at half time it is very tricky to accommodate a band as such. With players warming up, the kids penalties etc, I can appreciate it is tricky logistically. What's more, timings wise it's not like American Football where you get a full hour to fill on occasions.

I'm pretty sure all Megaparty did was introduce them prior to the performance, and there was definitely no PA output when the band were playing.

Why let facts get in the way of a good moan though ey?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 09 Jan 2017 09:46

WAZZOCK timings wise it's not like American Football where you get a full hour to fill on occasions.
and thank fcuk for that, even though I'm sure the club will want to do that to increase their pie selling time.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 09 Jan 2017 10:01

Given how much good work they've put into making the football as affordable to fans as possible, I'm sure they can be forgiven for trying to sell a few pies to offset the deficit.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 09 Jan 2017 10:18

Forbury Lion
WAZZOCK timings wise it's not like American Football where you get a full hour to fill on occasions.
and thank fcuk for that, even though I'm sure the club will want to do that to increase their pie selling time.

Even at the Superbowl you don't get an hour for half time. Regular season half time is pretty much the same as our 15 minutes

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 09 Jan 2017 14:38

Sutekh ^ Just goes to show how ridiculous the club can be sometimes. What is the point in arranging a band like that as half time entertainment unless you let them make use of the pitch itself and keep the pa system quiet for 5 minutes.

Quite. There are a lot of unpleasant things I would be prepared to watch in exchange for a few minutes respite from that twat :?

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 09 Jan 2017 16:28

In all the years I have been going I didn't even realise we had half time entertainment

Too busy yapping in the concourse, drinking overpriced yucky beer

Must give it a try sometime :idea:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Jan 2017 16:55

Woodcote Royal
Sutekh ^ Just goes to show how ridiculous the club can be sometimes. What is the point in arranging a band like that as half time entertainment unless you let them make use of the pitch itself and keep the pa system quiet for 5 minutes.

Quite. There are a lot of unpleasant things I would be prepared to watch in exchange for a few minutes respite from that twat :?

Believe TTE are touting an interview soon with someone who they term as being DJ Megaparty so be interesting to hear the other side of things.

Overall though, and for those that remember please consider the days of Elm Park, what/who/when was the best experience at half time or has it always been utter dump that the club has never got right?

Personally I always think less is more and the days of Elm Park were much simpler with a few informational items and birthdays plus the half time scores being about the limit while the rest of the time it was the latest chart smashes (when people actually gave a toss about the charts) being literally squawked at you (you never had bass lines on the Elm Park tannoy).

Moving to the new stadium we got better technology but either you couldn't hear anything or it was like being inside one of the loudspeakers at a Motorhead gig. Now they seemed to have worked out the volume but just cant get anything right vocally and generally being so OTT and cringeworthy like a load of 15 yearold club mascots. One thing that gets me as well is the utter contempt and embarrassment of not giving out the opponent's team before kick off.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jan 2017 18:58

Tuesday 24th January 8pm

FREE entry for all that were there!

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 09 Jan 2017 19:42

Good response from the club which is no doubt costing them a bomb. I hope is offered to Fulham fans too. As a ST holder this makes no odds to me, but one can always appreciate decent customer service.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Jan 2017 20:17

It's for all fans. - Fulham too.
I think it is another excellent move by the club. Going a little bit further in the direction of the fans than they are obliged to is very welcome.
I doubt it will actually cost them much extra.
For me the likely result of charging would have been hardly anyone turning up, so very little revenue.
By making it free they will win a lot of goodwill, get a decent crowd and possibly some add on sales.
The cost of staging the game is the same either way, but they have a lot of happier fans.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 09 Jan 2017 20:59

Nice move from our club, we are a nice club

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 09 Jan 2017 21:08

AthleticoSpizz Tuesday 24th January 8pm

FREE entry for all that were there!

B@ll@cks.
Was away for the original and thought I'd lucked out when it was abandoned. Got to work on 24th.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 09 Jan 2017 22:46

Nameless It's for all fans. - Fulham too.
I think it is another excellent move by the club. Going a little bit further in the direction of the fans than they are obliged to is very welcome.
For me the likely result of charging would have been hardly anyone turning up, so very little revenue.
By making it free they will win a lot of goodwill, get a decent crowd and possibly some add on sales.
The cost of staging the game is the same either way, but they have a lot of happier fans.

Glad it's away fans too.

It'll cost them a fair amount, they're essentially getting one game's-worth of gate receipts but paying for staffing/police/utilities twice. Sure this is partly offset by secondary sales but it'll still not come cheap.

Fulham fans are split between agreeing it's a decent move and complaining that those who can't attend don't get a refund. If it were Huddersfield I could understand, but it's not exactly a treck for them.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Jan 2017 23:18

Sutekh
Woodcote Royal

Believe TTE are touting an interview soon with someone who they term as being DJ Megaparty so be interesting to hear the other side of things.

Overall though, and for those that remember please consider the days of Elm Park, what/who/when was the best experience at half time or has it always been utter dump that the club has never got right?

Personally I always think less is more and the days of Elm Park were much simpler with a few informational items and birthdays plus the half time scores being about the limit while the rest of the time it was the latest chart smashes (when people actually gave a toss about the charts) being literally squawked at you (you never had bass lines on the Elm Park tannoy).

Moving to the new stadium we got better technology but either you couldn't hear anything or it was like being inside one of the loudspeakers at a Motorhead gig. Now they seemed to have worked out the volume but just cant get anything right vocally and generally being so OTT and cringeworthy like a load of 15 yearold club mascots. One thing that gets me as well is the utter contempt and embarrassment of not giving out the opponent's team before kick off.

All about the Burger King HT penalty shootout.

The Thames Valley Jets were worse than anything ever served up at the Mad Stad (including that Bristol Rovers second half), even though the plank on the tannoy is pretty awful.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Jan 2017 07:00

Royal Ginger
Nameless It's for all fans. - Fulham too.

Glad it's away fans too.

It'll cost them a fair amount, they're essentially getting one game's-worth of gate receipts but paying for staffing/police/utilities twice. Sure this is partly offset by secondary sales but it'll still not come cheap.

Fulham fans are split between agreeing it's a decent move and complaining that those who can't attend don't get a refund. If it were Huddersfield I could understand, but it's not exactly a treck for them.

My point was that there is little difference in expense in making it free and sticking with the half price situation. Obviously they have the cost of staging two games but that is fixed. I was once told it costs £20,000 just to open the stadium for a game.....
Fulham fans expecting a refund are, I think, being unreasonable. Perhaps Fulham would care to get involved and look at doing it for their fans ? Or laying on free travel ? They seem happy to let Reading bear the full financial impact of a situation which by all accounts they had significant involvement in bringing about....