52%
Ian Royal
21%

Total votes: 92
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Promotion: Yea or Nay

by BR0B0T » 10 Jan 2017 10:06

P.S. The 'Ian Royal' selection means the whole squad have (HAVE) to bum Ian Royal

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Jan 2017 10:16

You are an odd person

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Jan 2017 10:27

genome
Silver Fox Do we want to get promoted? Stupidest question ever

I don't think that was the question

It wasn't the question, but that's not that stupid a question either.

Not stupid to not want to watch your team get dicked week in week out, making up the numbers against "real teams", surrounded by "fans" who don't even support Reading, and then paying a lot more for the privilege.

I'd stay in the championship and win every game if I could - only problem is that tends to lead to promotion. :P

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 10 Jan 2017 10:29

No , I like my team playing in a football league they can compete in

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Jan 2017 10:37

:lol:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 10 Jan 2017 10:46

Our stadium in Fifa 18 if we get promoted 8)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jan 2017 10:52

My hearts telling me yes
My minds telling me no.
But my body.
My body's telling me Ian Royal.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Jan 2017 11:01

TBM Our stadium in Fifa 18 if we get promoted 8)

This, always this.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2017 12:33

Silver Fox
Ian Royal I don't think we're strong enough to sustain a push for the whole season and win the play offs, let alone automatic.

How many games before we decide whether or not what we're doing is sustainable? I'd say half a season is a decent sample size tbf :roll:

Anyway, we're definitely getting to the playoff final as we're away on a family holiday in Cornwall. We probably won't win it though, as any Reading fan kno

Do we want to get promoted? Stupidest question ever

To be fair, the question wasn't do you want to get promoted. It was will we get promoted.

You can finish 3rd and still not go up. You can be 3rd for three quarters of a season, let alone 2 and a half months, and finish 7th.

I didn't say we're currently in a false position.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 10 Jan 2017 13:03

Gunny Fishcake No , I like my team playing in a football league they can compete in

+1

...and John Smith, you need to go to Spec Savers if you really think Evans is mediocre :shock:

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 10 Jan 2017 13:41

I don't think we will, but of course would love us to.

My best case scenario is for us and BHA to go up auto with Newcastle consigned to tripping up along with Norwich and Villa in the play-offs.

Not a popular line on here i know, but in my part of the country it's the one that makes my life most bearable

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 10 Jan 2017 13:43

Since you're offering - I'll take a day in the Bree Louise and losing on penalty kicks at Wembley.

Actually, no extra time. Let's say a last minute defeat in the 90.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 10 Jan 2017 13:51

BR0B0T P.S. The 'Ian Royal' selection means the whole squad have (HAVE) to bum Ian Royal

what, again?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 10 Jan 2017 13:52

Green Since you're offering - I'll take a day in the Bree Louise and losing at Wembley.

what, again?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 10 Jan 2017 14:22

Hendo
TBM Our stadium in Fifa 18 if we get promoted 8)

This, always this.

Molton Road looks exactly like our stadium though.... Almost.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 10 Jan 2017 14:29

Ian Royal
Silver Fox
Ian Royal I don't think we're strong enough to sustain a push for the whole season and win the play offs, let alone automatic.

How many games before we decide whether or not what we're doing is sustainable? I'd say half a season is a decent sample size tbf :roll:

Anyway, we're definitely getting to the playoff final as we're away on a family holiday in Cornwall. We probably won't win it though, as any Reading fan kno

To be fair, the question wasn't do you want to get promoted. It was will we get promoted.

You can finish 3rd and still not go up. You can be 3rd for three quarters of a season, let alone 2 and a half months, and finish 7th.

Exactly. We are only a couple of poor results from falling out of the top 6 altogether. We shouldn't get complacent thinking the play-offs are a certainty for us unless we have a total collapse. We don't need to have a total collapse to be out the play-offs. Fulham, Leeds, Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby are consistently posting good results each week. If we let our standards slip, we will be out the top 6 off the back of one or two poor results.

We have not been all that convincing away from home. We needed last minute winners at Blackburn and Bristol City. Fulham thumped us at the cottage and played us off the park at home before the referee rescued us by abandoning the match at half time so we can restock and go again against Fulham hopefully in better shape next time.

We were lucky to beat Sheffield Wednesday. We were fortunate to beat Norwich. We were lucky against Bristol City at home as well.

We are far from convincing. We have been lucky. The question is will the luck run out?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 10 Jan 2017 14:36

Shit, I thought we were having a good season, thanks for clearing that misconception up Jay :roll:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Jan 2017 14:56

Top Flight
Ian Royal
Silver Fox

Exactly. We are only a couple of poor results from falling out of the top 6 altogether. We shouldn't get complacent thinking the play-offs are a certainty for us unless we have a total collapse. We don't need to have a total collapse to be out the play-offs. Fulham, Leeds, Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby are consistently posting good results each week. If we let our standards slip, we will be out the top 6 off the back of one or two poor results.

We have not been all that convincing away from home. We needed last minute winners at Blackburn and Bristol City. Fulham thumped us at the cottage and played us off the park at home before the referee rescued us by abandoning the match at half time so we can restock and go again against Fulham hopefully in better shape next time.

We were lucky to beat Sheffield Wednesday. We were fortunate to beat Norwich. We were lucky against Bristol City at home as well.

We are far from convincing. We have been lucky. The question is will the luck run out?

Jesus Jay, I had to check the table as thought we were in the relegation zone and this has all been a dream.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 10 Jan 2017 14:59

no, he's spot on. If we'd lost every single match we've played, we'd prolly not be in the top six, let alone top three.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 10 Jan 2017 15:14

We were desperately unlucky against Newcastle, Brentford and Fulham. If we'd have won those games, as we should have, we'd be top now (and also in the 4th round of the FA cup and in the SF of the League cup). Our abysmal luck has to change soon!!