BTFS - QPR

135 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BTFS - QPR

by genome » 12 Jan 2017 22:10

Comment spotted on facebook:

Football is supposed to be exciting and this is absolute shit and let's be honest, it has been all year. It's luck that we're third, this manager has to go.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 12 Jan 2017 22:14

Yeah, good timing to be issuing a 'come and get me'.
:lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Jan 2017 22:16

genome Comment spotted on facebook:

Football is supposed to be exciting and this is absolute shit and let's be honest, it has been all year. It's luck that we're third, this manager has to go.

Surely taking the piss?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 12 Jan 2017 22:16

genome Comment spotted on facebook:

I dispair. Twitter in meltdown saying it's unacceptable and pathetic.

Not pretty but chill. It's one really bad performance and result out of 5 home wins and 9 wins in 11 or something.

We are 3rd.

Fans all wanted mid table this season as a realistic target. Amazing how fans flip so easily and lose their shizzle

RustyRoyal

by RustyRoyal » 12 Jan 2017 22:17

Awful. Despite sloppy mistakes Stam has to take the majority of the blame. First half the shape was baffling. With four players (Striker, both wingers and 1 CM) trying to play on the shoulder with another CM stuck out on the right meant that the back 5 had no one to pass to. QRP set up really well to nuetralize us with 2 strikers to press, 3 midfielders to block the passing lanes on the rare occasions Swift decided to come deep and a back 5 to stop us stretching the defence.
Second half when Williams moved more central we improved but still lacked intensity and passing options with Swift still trying to play beside Kermogant.
In general it was just a lazy performance. We need McShane back quick or to get the Ilori deal over the line as we can't play another game with VDB at CB, he's always a liability.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jan 2017 22:19

Al-Habsi 6 - nothing to do really

Gunter 5
VDB 3 - how many more times Jaap, he is not a centre back, play Cooper, play Evans, come out of retirement and play yourself, just anything
Moore 6
Obita 4

Swift 4
Kelly 4
Williams 4 - too much time playing wide right

McCleary 6
Kerm 5
Beerens 4

SKY 0 - just stop moving games to Thursdays, in fact just ****** off completely

All in all the team are playing like the confused mess the ownership of the club is currently in

sloughroyal123

by sloughroyal123 » 12 Jan 2017 22:19

Mackie is a cpunt

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Jan 2017 22:22

Think we should transfer Van Den Yellow card to a walking football team.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 12 Jan 2017 22:25

sloughroyal123 Mackie is a cpunt

Why?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jan 2017 22:34

bobby1413
sloughroyal123 Mackie is a cpunt

Why?

Agreed, why? Dont get why any of our fans were booing him tonight.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 12 Jan 2017 22:38

I thought Williams was pretty good in the second half.

No Harriott meant no alternatives on the wing. Beerens needed subbing but there was no alternative, and McClearly looked disinterested for large parts of the game.

I'm oxf*rd freezing and didn't enjoy that much at all.

Vicky Pollard

by Vicky Pollard » 12 Jan 2017 22:39

That was poor. Really poor. Lack of urgency, penetration and physicality.

Booing of Mackie was embarrassing. He scrapped for every last ball for us when we were dire, has just come back from a long injury lay off and spoke well about us before the game. Don't blame him enjoying the goal.

Let's forget that one quickly.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Jan 2017 22:41

Vicky Pollard That was poor. Really poor. Lack of urgency, penetration and physicality.

Booing of Mackie was embarrassing. He scrapped for every last ball for us when we were dire, has just come back from a long injury lay off and spoke well about us before the game. Don't blame him enjoying the goal.

Nothing wrong with enjoying the goal just try not to be a dickhead about it.

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 12 Jan 2017 22:44

sandman
Vicky Pollard That was poor. Really poor. Lack of urgency, penetration and physicality.

Nothing wrong with enjoying the goal just try not to be a dickhead about it.

+1. Wouldn't have reacted that way in front of Burton, Wigan fans etc, had some sort of angle with us for one reason or another, so deserved everything he got.

Saaaaaaaammmmmm

by Saaaaaaaammmmmm » 12 Jan 2017 22:47

Same feeling I got after the Villa home game (another Joey CB masterclass), don't mind losing but once again we lost because of Stam's bizarre lineup and lack of substitutions. Yes he knows 10000x more about football than any of us fans, but there literally wasn't a supporter around who would have picked VdB at centre-half tonight. The bloke has been a liability for months now and it is costing us, Cooper made a few mistakes but has played 30+ games for us at centre-back, you don't play that many games if you're as dreadful as Stam thinks he must be. Also, why recall Dickie if you won't even put him on the bench when McShane and Blackett are injured? He's going to need one almighty injury crisis to be involved, so might as well keep playing every week at Cheltenham, their fans loved him

Williams is awful, spends the whole game marked, no ball control, adds nothing to the team, will never create anything, slows down our passing. Why does he start every single game...

Beerens was totally anonymous once again. Why are we waiting so long to see any of Meite? He looked a threat again tonight in the three or four times he got the ball, he looks like genuinely creating something, unlike any of our other players for 90 minutes. I'll admit, Beerens went from a 2/3 to a 4/5 out of 10 after HT, but maybe I'm being generous. He just doesn't do anything to justify an inclusion

Why was Wieser on the bench? The guy just ruined the Wembley dream for all our youngsters with a stupid tackle, which is literally all he's known for career-wise. Sends out a great message to the kids that if they work hard and get good results with the U23s they still won't make the bench. Also, if he is on the bench, at what point tonight are you ever going to bring him on?

Not making subs will kill the morale of people like Samuel, who hasn't played a minute in the league since scoring at Blackburn. Fine if we keep winning, but he's not exactly watching on as our front three bang the goals in from the start. Dread to think how poor Cooper feels watching Joey

Tactically, Beerens is the problem. At least he is usually when he plays left wing, tonight he seemed to have no position whatsoever. The guy just does not track back, which completely exposes the left-back. There is a reason Blackett looks awful most weeks, and Obita looked shocking tonight. They're permanently isolated against the opposition right winger and right full-back when they attack. To be fair the goal was mainly Joeys fault, as he lost the ball playing left-wing (you're a centre-back ffs), which meant we only had Moore and Gunter back, Gunter had to cover the middle, Mackie popped up at the far post

Positives.... Kelly looked okay, hope he doesn't get dropped, he should not be the victim from tonight. Swift reminded me of Piazon, felt like a luxury player, I'd still start him, perhaps at left wing where he played preseason. I thought he looked quite good there, but then we signed Beerens and that was that, he moved to the middle and never looked back. Evans should play, for Williams, or Joey, just anyone

I feel a bit in meltdown mode but my god tonight was bad, opposition fans on Twitter are losing their minds that we're third

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 12 Jan 2017 22:51

A lot to over reacting going on.

That was a poor performance. One look at where we are in table ought to cheer you up though.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 12 Jan 2017 22:55

WEW LAD

Well, that was terrible. Worst performance I've seen in years, granted I live in America so I can only watch televised games.

Ali: 6- Did his job. QPR didn't even test him that much. Not at fault for the goal. Can you imagine if that mix up with VDB went in? Would've one-upped the OT blunder last week.

Gunter: 5- His side was not the problem. Offered nothing going forward.

Moore: 8- Played to his usual standard and saved our sorry asses on a number of occasions.

VDB: 2- Here's a list of players at the club that I would rather have at center back than Joey: Blackett; Cooper; Dickie; Evans; Gunter; Hyam; Stam as a player-manager; Probably even Yann oxf*rd Kermorgant. Joey is effective in defensive midfield, but he single handedly loses us games at center back. Saved from a 1/10 by a few good moments and the fact that a certain left back left him absolutely exposed today.

Obita: 1- Remember the one time Jordan got into a dangerous position and sliced the ball into the crowd? That just about sums up his game. Never thought I'd be begging to bring back Tyler Blackett but here we are. Joey and Obita in a back four is a death wish.

Kelly: 5- Unfortunately he just lacks the physicality to play defensive mid. He gets isolated and bullied off the ball. I appreciate that he tried. His talent is wasted playing so deep.

Williams: 4- Again the effort was there but he's always only 50/50, he'll charge forward with the ball and half the time can't get it out of his feet and the attack breaks down.

Swift: 2- Honestly oxf*rd dreadful. Should've been subbed earlier. Struggled to get into the game, didn't bring the creativity we know he can bring. If he ha just continued his run during Kermie's chance it would've been 1-1

McCleary: 6- On the rare occasion we got the ball to him he looked threatening.

Beerens: 1- Saw that Jordan Obita was getting eaten alive down the left flank and offered exactly ZERO support. Clearly a talented player but needs to be dropped and earn his place back.

Kermorgant: 7- Worked hard, nearly scored twice, only player besides Moore that had a good game. I saw many cries of 'sign a striker!' after the game on Twitter, which is ridiculous because it's the only position we looked competent in today

Yak: 5- Ran around a bit. We never give him enough time to get going. If I were him I'd be annoyed that Beerens starts every week and he hasn't been given a proper chance

Stam: wtf/10- Game plan clearly wasn't working and we changed nothing until with 20 minutes left we puled Swift for Meite and played long ball. What was he thinking? Evans for Swift/Williams seemed like a really oxf*rd obvious tactical change to make at half time, considering QPR were just running straight through us. We made a first half change to our failing midfield against Rotherham so why the hell did we wait so long today?

QPR: 3- They were awful, and we should've lost by 2 or 3 at least. Says a lot about our performance. Shoutouts to Jamie Mackie who played very well, shame we couldn't get him on a permanent deal.

So, what have we learned today?

1.) VDB or Evans is NECESSARY in a three-man midfield. We are all at sea without a defensive anchor. Kelly cannot do that job in the Championship.

2.) Obita needs a real center back backing him up. VDB IS NOT A CENTER BACK

3.) Liam Moore's shocker at Man United was only a one-off and he is still our God.

4.) Beerens is lazy and should be dropped, has a personal vendetta against defending and will never track back.

5.) Sandro Weiser is a real person.

Roll on Derby, we'll probably play awful again and beat them, 1-0 Ilori (please sign for us)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jan 2017 23:02

I think Beerens actually looks alright when he plays like a genuine left winger - hugging the touchline and taking his man on. I mean, yeah, he doesn't do much defending, but that's not exactly uncharacteristic of wingers. It's when he drifts around the pitch looking lost that he's worthless.

It'd be interesting to know whether he was instructed to play a free role with Obita occupying the left winger space and JVDB pushing out to left back. Or whether he just went awol and those two were sucked into the void he left. I think it was a tactical set up from Stam personally, because something similar happened on the right with McCleary coming inside and Williams hugging the touchline. Which of course left Kelly covering the middle third of the pitch on his own.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 12 Jan 2017 23:07

We should have played either a 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2 tonight

We got done by them just sitting back and then hitting us wide on the counter

Should have pressed them at 100mph early on whilst it was 0-0

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 12 Jan 2017 23:11

LOL at VdB

Obita not far behind, with Swift and Williams also pretty pointless

.... Still waiting for my testicles to still climb back down out of my abdominal cavity

135 posts