Stam Interview on BBCRB

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Stam Interview on BBCRB

by genome » 12 Jan 2017 22:18

Thinly veiled threats that he might walk if the ownership situation isn't sorted. He wants reassurances.

Uh-oh.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Stam Interview on BBCRB

by Sutekh » 12 Jan 2017 22:32

Cant say I blame him, he wants it sorted so he can do his job properly. At the moment they probably have one set of transfer targets if the Thais remain and another set of transfer targets if the Chinese arrive and buy into his vision.

At the moment he's largely stymied by being unable to really go for one side or another, however Ilori is a no brainer either way and luckily affordable but we are otherwise stuck

Perhaps he should have kept schtum on those thoughts publically but he obviously wants to make it clear he needs it resolved.

Let's hope the saga is near its end and there'll be answers from the PL/FL forthcoming rather rapidly.

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 12 Jan 2017 22:34

I stopped listening to his post match interview as I was so disappointed and consequently missed the 'juicy' bits...what EXACTLY did he say, not 'Oh he hinted that he might be off if the ownership isn't sorted and he can't buy players'...what ( more or less ) exactly did he say? Anyone able to help??

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Jan 2017 22:42

mumbo-jumbo I stopped listening to his post match interview as I was so disappointed and consequently missed the 'juicy' bits...what EXACTLY did he say, not 'Oh he hinted that he might be off if the ownership isn't sorted and he can't buy players'...what ( more or less ) exactly did he say? Anyone able to help??

Can't remember word for word but said things like "I don't know if I will get the chance to build a club now" that he is "annoyed" and "wonder if the club shares his vision".

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Jan 2017 22:45

Well there's at least 2 players on the bench who didnt really "share his vision" tonight.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 12 Jan 2017 22:45

Not sure if throwing his toys out the pram after a managerial performance like the one he put in this evening was the best move..

He's probably just frustrated and looking to deflect blame. The ownership situation will sort itself. In the mean time he's about to spend a couple of million pounds on a player so really he should shut up and get on with his job.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 12 Jan 2017 22:48

Remarkably honest. Don't think he was sending any coded messages. I think he doesn't need to play games - he can just say exactly what he thinks.

He was hired to do a job under a set go known circumstances. Those circumstances have changed, he doesn't know what the new ones are, the uncertainty is annoying and is affecting the players.

Entirely reasonable. We often say we want the truth not spin. We got it.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Jan 2017 23:58

“The owners are still the Thais, I don’t know if it’s going to happen with the Chinese people.

“Everyone is asking me what’s going to happen but I don’t know if there are going to be more transfers or whatever.

“It does frustrate me because I think you need clarity and structure within the club so everyone knows what’s happening. It’s important for the players as well.

“I’m willing to answer questions, but it annoys me that we don’t know what’s going to happen.”

He also told BBC Radio Berkshire: “When I joined Reading I thought I would be able to build a team and take steps towards the Premier League.

“But with the club up for sale, you do not know what the new owners want to do.

“The old owners want to sell, so I don’t know if we can still build a team for the future.

“I’m the type who likes building a team. There needs to be structure in the club and we need a certain vision. To be fair, I don’t know if it’s there at the moment.”

With the ownership saga dragging on this long, Stam also raised question marks about his own future with the Royals.

“I like the club and the players and I’m enjoying it over here,” he declared. “But it’s good for a manager to know what’s happening to the club in the future.

“If that’s not the case, who knows what’s going to happen?”

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 13 Jan 2017 00:25

I didn't hear the interview but reading the sound bites on here it appears that Stam is disappointed. Disappointed in that it will take more than a half season for him to reach to his own personal goal. He's leart in this past week that this stepping stone club in the 2nd tier without the prem/sky money is a shitty place to be unless you are shit hot good!

It wouldn't have helped Jaap tasting old Trafford last week and being on Sky tonight. Camera, media, action and Jaap failed to deliver, twice in less than a week.

I want him and the team to come out fighting not listen to his shit moaning about ownership stability..... This is the championship get used to it or move over!!!'

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 13 Jan 2017 04:29

Just looking for excuses after a clueless performance. Good ridance the sooner we get Mcdermot back the better.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Jan 2017 08:05

genome Thinly veiled threats that he might walk if the ownership situation isn't sorted. He wants reassurances.

Uh-oh.

After his teams performance last night on TV he'd do well to STFU.

Whining about ownership situation when he has allowed that to continue for 90 minutes and made one substitution?

The uncertainty didn't make van den berg and Obita play like the fcuking blind school.

And what did he do about it? Nothing.

Don't moan about what you can't control when you abjectly fail to take control of the things you can.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Jan 2017 08:09

Nice way to distract from a poor performance and his managerial inadequacies being shown for all to see.

The Informant

by The Informant » 13 Jan 2017 08:22

Way to go Jaap. Get to the brink of signing a new defender hen say stuff like that to the media.

You were the reason we lost last night, it was just poor.

I don't enjoy watching your team, win or lose.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Jan 2017 08:23

winchester_royal Not sure if throwing his toys out the pram after a managerial performance like the one he put in this evening was the best move..

He's probably just frustrated and looking to deflect blame. The ownership situation will sort itself. In the mean time he's about to spend a couple of million pounds on a player so really he should shut up and get on with his job.

The ownership situation may not sort itself out before the transfer window closes, nor can you be sure that the outcome will be a good one for Stam (and our) ambitions.

He clearly had a good selling job done on him by the Thais as to their support and plans for the team (as indeed we were, although largely through the hype of JM) yet now, less than a year later, they are clearly keen to bail out in terms of a large percentage of their stake.

Some will claim that the uncertainty shouldn't/won't affect the management and players but, IIRC, very experienced ex pros like Gooding and Williams have said that it inevitably does. And before anyone says otherwise, we now have proof. How can Stam's present state of mind and his utterances last night not rub off on the players. Furthermore, with a manager questioning the owner's intentions and hinting that he might not stay if things aren't sorted out, our chances of attracting new players this window have presumably been damaged (the 'Stam factor' is clearly a big attraction for some players but will they want to join if there are concerns that attraction might leave?).

I find it difficult to criticise Stam for speaking out but perhaps it's a shame he didn't try to publicly force the owners to declare their hand a bit earlier.

Once again the Thais remain silent and either JM has gone into hiding or has actually listened to orders to keep his mouth shut!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Jan 2017 08:24

The Informant Way to go Jaap. Get to the brink of signing a new defender hen say stuff like that to the media.

Surprised you were there then last night and able to pin the blame on him.

And you didn't enjoy watching the Bristol game?

Jackson Corner Just looking for excuses after a clueless performance. Good ridance the sooner we get Mcdermot back the better.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry:

The Informant

by The Informant » 13 Jan 2017 08:36

RoyalBlue
The Informant Way to go Jaap. Get to the brink of signing a new defender hen say stuff like that to the media.

Jackson Corner Just looking for excuses after a clueless performance. Good ridance the sooner we get Mcdermot back the better.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry:

You know there are two teams in Bristol right?

It's like saying did you enjoy the Manchester game, or did you enjoy the Nottingham game.

And I didn't enjoy the 'Bristol' game until the last 20 mins

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Jan 2017 09:11

The Informant
RoyalBlue

You know there are two teams in Bristol right?

It's like saying did you enjoy the Manchester game, or did you enjoy the Nottingham game.

And I didn't enjoy the 'Bristol' game until the last 20 mins

In the league we only play one of the teams in Bristol so I think it's fair enough to call our games against Bristol City "the Bristol game"

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 13 Jan 2017 09:17

I'm with Stam on this one. How can you not be concerned? How long is it taking to sign Ilori? I'm assuming potential Chinese owners having to put up some form of promise for the money pre-takeover. Why have they not taken over yet? Are they fit and proper (probably not given they've failed this test previously!). Thai owners actively selling the club after coming out and speaking about their vision for the club at the start of the season, soon after the land next to the stadium seems to be getting the go ahead?

Nothing to worry about here - just Stam deflecting clearly...

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Jan 2017 09:19

Someone shouldn't tell the blokes in charge of the match highlights videos which Brizzle team we played. When they showed the highlight of the Brizzle Shitty game they put the Rovers badge on the screen.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Jan 2017 09:19

I see Stam's detractors have come out of the woodwork after 1 home defeat. Yes, last night was shit but...

It's his first managerial job. We are 3rd after halfway. Massive, massive :|