CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Derby

by CountryRoyal » 24 Jan 2017 10:27

No Fixed Abode
LWJ
BR0B0T
What's the song?

He's magic you know, you'll never get passed Tiago.

Just the three times mind.

:|

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 24 Jan 2017 12:18

No Fixed Abode
Just the three times mind.

Kes I normally just ignore your bollocks, but honestly what are you doing with your life? You comment rubbish like this on pretty much every BFTG thread. Are you a closet Reading fan?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 24 Jan 2017 13:14

I really liked the "We've got the ball, we've got the ball" song at Derby

Seems very appropriate given our possession obsessed tactics, i.e. we're not particularly doing anything or going anywhere but we have got the ball - I was amused anyway

And I think it went on for ten minutes (probably not that long in reality) leading to the first goal for us

Has it been heard before?

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 24 Jan 2017 14:05

I watched the match from hospitality, courtesy of my neice, and the new shout was commented on a lot there. Most thought we were unlucky to not get a draw or perhaps even a victory. I thought perhaps Kelly might have tried a direct strike from one of a number of freekicks but perhaps he was a bit far out to have the confidence to try it. Although there are clips online where it has been very effective for him at a lower level. If he retains his place on an ongoing basis it may provide Reading with more goal scoring opportunities. I would certainly have him as my Reading MOM which is a tribute to him as a young player of small stature.

cornflake

by cornflake » 24 Jan 2017 16:34

I really enjoyed the ' We've got the ball and we've lost the ball chant !!

Hopefully our fans can adopt this for both our home and away games, as it created a great atmosphere.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 24 Jan 2017 21:11

cornflake I really enjoyed the ' We've got the ball and we've lost the ball chant !!

Hopefully our fans can adopt this for both our home and away games, as it created a great atmosphere.

Seems to be just three of us who have heard this chant!
Any sign of it tonight?

cornflake

by cornflake » 24 Jan 2017 22:57

nope

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Jan 2017 06:50

bcubed
cornflake I really enjoyed the ' We've got the ball and we've lost the ball chant !!

Any sign of it tonight?

A brief scattering in y26 but understandable it didn't catch on instantly considering how shit the atmosphere was in general and that most people didn't go to Derby.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 25 Jan 2017 10:23

CountryRoyal
bcubed

Any sign of it tonight?

A brief scattering in y26 but understandable it didn't catch on instantly considering how shit the atmosphere was in general and that most people didn't go to Derby.

We also didn't have the ball as much last night.

Worked well at Derby as their fans were getting on the players backs for not having the ball. Last night wasn't the best game for it IMO.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Jan 2017 10:47

LWJ
CountryRoyal
bcubed
Any sign of it tonight?

Worked well at Derby as their fans were getting on the players backs for not having the ball. Last night wasn't the best game for it IMO.

Was a kick in the teeth when they started chanting it towards the end when they wouldn't give the ball back.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 25 Jan 2017 12:59

CountryRoyal
LWJ
CountryRoyal

Was a kick in the teeth when they started chanting it towards the end when they wouldn't give the ball back.

Really annoying
Cant we go back to multi ball?!

old woman

by old woman » 26 Jan 2017 11:12

I enjoyed their "we've got the ball" chant. Thought it was very quick. However I'm not sure the ref added on enough time at the end to cover the time the ball was out of play.

As a general point- Why do clocks on scoreboards stop at 90 minutes? It's always difficult to guage how much added time is played.

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 26 Jan 2017 13:02

I usually use the watch on my wrist as a point of reference

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jan 2017 13:18

old woman I enjoyed their "we've got the ball" chant. Thought it was very quick. However I'm not sure the ref added on enough time at the end to cover the time the ball was out of play.

As a general point- Why do clocks on scoreboards stop at 90 minutes? It's always difficult to guage how much added time is played.

I'm assuming so as not to undermine the ref. Added time is a minimum, not exact and further time can be added for stoppages during it.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jan 2017 16:18

old woman I enjoyed their "we've got the ball" chant. Thought it was very quick. However I'm not sure the ref added on enough time at the end to cover the time the ball was out of play.

FA or FL ruling to stop supporters and players laying into officials for playing more than however many minutes they supposedly added on in the first place. According to those organising bodies not very many are people well adjusted enough to know that any further stoppages/delays in injury time also get added onto the end.

Similar reason as to why match highlights shown in the ground should never show contentious decisions, offsides, serious fouls etc.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Jan 2017 16:23

you can imagine the fuss if the ref had indicated 3 mins and then someone took a pic of the scoreboard showing 4 had been played and a goal just being scored.
Utter nonsense of course but then what do fans know !
I'm never sure it's worth even indicating the time added. When I used to ref I never had any idea of how much extra time was to be played as it is totally unnecessary for the ref to know.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jan 2017 16:28

Nameless you can imagine the fuss if the ref had indicated 3 mins and then someone took a pic of the scoreboard showing 4 had been played and a goal just being scored.
I'm never sure it's worth even indicating the time added. When I used to ref I never had any idea of how much extra time was to be played as it is totally unnecessary for the ref to know.

How could you not know how much extra time you were allowing when you're the one with the whistle who decides when to end the game?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jan 2017 16:29

Ian Royal
Nameless you can imagine the fuss if the ref had indicated 3 mins and then someone took a pic of the scoreboard showing 4 had been played and a goal just being scored.

How could you not know how much extra time you were allowing when you're the one with the whistle who decides when to end the game?

Perhaps he reffed Rugby League fixtures.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 26 Jan 2017 16:36

I agree with OW that I also thought on the day that the referee failed to add on time for the crowd retaining the ball.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Jan 2017 19:20

Ian Royal

Because you don't 'allow' extra time !

Simplest way of keeping time is with 2 watches. One just keeps running, the other one you stop when there is a relevant hold up and restart when play begins. When watch 2 reaches 45 mins the game is over. How much time is 'added' is irrelevant. Of course you could work out what the difference was but I never bothered, hit 45 on the watch and you know time is up.