BFTG Derby

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Derby

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Jan 2017 19:45

Nameless
Ian Royal
Nameless you can imagine the fuss if the ref had indicated 3 mins and then someone took a pic of the scoreboard showing 4 had been played and a goal just being scored.
Utter nonsense of course but then what do fans know !
I'm never sure it's worth even indicating the time added. When I used to ref I never had any idea of how much extra time was to be played as it is totally unnecessary for the ref to know.

How could you not know how much extra time you were allowing when you're the one with the whistle who decides when to end the game?

Because you don't 'allow' extra time !

Simplest way of keeping time is with 2 watches. One just keeps running, the other one you stop when there is a relevant hold up and restart when play begins. When watch 2 reaches 45 mins the game is over. How much time is 'added' is irrelevant. Of course you could work out what the difference was but I never bothered, hit 45 on the watch and you know time is up.

I did a bit of refereeing when I was a teenager, didn't have the bottle to keep doing it but I had a horrible habit of forgetting to start my watch again when play resumed, then having to guess how much time I had left it stopped for. Fun times.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Jan 2017 20:06

Hence the second watch as a safety net !

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 26 Jan 2017 23:41

Tosh and other archaic swear words

The time left to play should be shown clearly as in most other sports to all in the stadium
It's an odd concept about keeping people informed
The ref says time off to the timekeeper (4th official could do it) when there's an injury or a sub and we all know where we are
What's difficult about that?

Saves all this crap about where did that come from, or only two minutes you must be joking etc

And then maybe we would have beaten Arsenal!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Jan 2017 23:44

bcubed Tosh and other archaic swear words

The time left to play should be shown clearly as in most other sports to all in the stadium
It's an odd concept about keeping people informed
The ref says time off to the timekeeper (4th official could do it) when there's an injury or a sub and we all know where we are
What's difficult about that?

Saves all this crap about where did that come from, or only two minutes you must be joking etc

And then maybe we would have beaten Arsenal!

The cnuts

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jan 2017 10:09

Tbh the refs got enough to do, the 4th official should be time keeper and control the clock.

old woman

by old woman » 27 Jan 2017 12:03

lewesroyal I usually use the watch on my wrist as a point of reference

I have 2 watches. 1 GMT and the other for when the clocks go forward. Both need new batteries so useless at the moment and I tend to use my mobile for the time(Or my husband but he doesn't go to football)

If the stadium clock at least counted down the advertised added time it would help.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 27 Jan 2017 13:26

Ian Royal Tbh the refs got enough to do, the 4th official should be time keeper and control the clock.

I think you are agreeing with me