BFTG Derby

107 posts
Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

BFTG Derby

by Kitsondinho » 21 Jan 2017 17:40

Well.....a decent performance in some ways, lots of positives within it, such as Yak's first goal, Williams looked excellent, Ilori was decent and nobody had a really poor game.....BUT if we keep handing out free gifts like that, we'll be 14th by the end of Feb!
Last edited by Kitsondinho on 21 Jan 2017 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

BenSmith91

Re: BFTG Derby

by BenSmith91 » 21 Jan 2017 17:43

Thoughts on Ilori?

Davezk

by Davezk » 21 Jan 2017 18:02

He looked decent, good on the ball.

Berry

by Berry » 21 Jan 2017 18:31

Talking to a friend who is a Derby season ticket holder and his words were that for 20 mins Reading looked like best team to come to Pride Park but that our keeper is a liability....Nothing new learned then!!

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 21 Jan 2017 19:08

Great stadium
Freezing cold especially in second half

ilori looked class to me
First thirty minutes I thought - now I can see what Stam has been working towards
We not only kept possession but used it it to create chances, five I think
The three at the back looked comfortable and allowed Gunter and Obita to play to their strengths
We also looked very confident and passed it around really well and with some quick one touches (sadly lacking usually)
I can well believe Deeby saying we were the best team to play there so far

Then they equalised from a corner, where we were maybe a bit off guard
Bent didn't know much about it but at least he was in the right place and attacking the ball. Kermy take note!

Did well to get in at half time on equal terms as they had two shouts for penalties in quick succession

Second half we looked great again but then as usual a one shit pass too many and a gift of goal out of nothing. I bet they hadn't touched it up to that point

I missed the third as I was nobbing!

Subs worked well for a change and Meites goal was good, direct from a good corner from Kelly, though completely unmarked

Nearly pinched a draw and a couple of crosses went across goal without a touch.

So not that bad really
In patches looked great
Still over passing and sloppy goals given away
Ref as I said earlier was a total oxf*rd
If we had 3 Iloris we could really play a passing game without constantly giving it aŵay

We move on
Last edited by bcubed on 21 Jan 2017 23:35, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Jan 2017 20:07

Losing away at a VERY good Derby side is not going to define our season and the fact that we matched them and were for periods much the better team is testament to how far we have come. That being said it is so frustrating that we gifted them two goals, their third was slightly fortunate with the rebound off the block but there was still some lackadaisical defending in the build up.

Al-Habsi 6 - didn't have a lot to do, felt he made it easy for Ince and went down too early. Distribution mixed bag, throwing was decent but on the ball was poor again, often gets us into trouble with decision making. Would be very surprised if Stam doesn't make a keeper a priority in the summer, all things being equal.

Gunter 7 - thought he did quite well today

Illori 7 - impressive debut from the lad, unfortunate with some very soft decisions against him. Good on the ball and has a good awareness about him.

McShane 6 - a few mistakes and some standard indecision with the right pass

Moore 6 - his mistake for their second goal but played quite well besides

Obita 5 - lack of concentration and lost his man for their first, bit soft and then foolishly got himself sent off at the end

Kelly 8 - MOTM for me, brilliant link up play, a lot of good passes and plays at a good tempo

Williams 7 - energetic and always looking to drive us forward, a bit frustrating with the direction of his runs at times but by and large a good performance

Swift 6 - probably the worst of the 3 in midfield though didn't play particularly badly. Still not quite replicating his pre-injury form just yet.

McCleary 7 - good display in keeping with most this season

Kermorgant 6 - good link up, did what he was asked, didn't really get any genuine chances for a goal

Shout out to Meite who was a tank when he came on. I love him.

I feel positive after that performance, I was gutted earlier because I didn't feel we deserved to lose, but if you keep making silly mistakes it's going to cost you - especially against better opposition, as we found out today against a very clinical Derby side.

My biggest complaint is that we still overplay it at times and make the wrong decision when it comes to picking a pass, everyone is guilty however Kelly probably the least. At times on the counter if we were a bit braver and played the ball quicker we may have had more luck, but all too often we slowed the play down.

Anyway, overall a good performance and not too disheartened, Derby can fukk off though.

The Cube

by The Cube » 21 Jan 2017 20:23

bcubed Did well to get in at half time on equal terms as they two shouts for pegmatites in a quick succession

Is it another of the new laws this season that the home side gets a goal if they can spot a particular type of rock?

Davezk

by Davezk » 21 Jan 2017 20:49

Derby fans are d1cks for keeping hold of the ball to waste time. Bunch of children.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Jan 2017 20:53

yes of course, but what would we've done?

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 21 Jan 2017 20:55

Does Jonathan Low actually proofread his reports? The one on the getreading site regarding Tiago Ilori's performance is .....well. Read it for yourselves.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Jan 2017 20:58

:|
First time that they have beaten us in eight years?

First time that they had conceded a goal at home in nine games?

Enjoyed the phone call from my Derby-based friends just as the final whistle went....not :|

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Jan 2017 21:00

The Cap Does Jonathan Low actually proofread his reports? The one on the getreading site regarding Tiago Ilori's performance is .....well. Read it for yourselves.

Long gone are the days where even the most basic grasp of the English language are a requisite of being a journalist.

That was painful to read.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 21 Jan 2017 21:24

Good day out and entertaining match.
Stick with that team and we'll get rewards.
Tiago was calm and collected and is a great addition.
Sounds mad after letting in 3 but that back four will become unbeatable.
Thought Swift lost the ball too many times.
It's got to the point where I shit myself every time someone passes the ball back to Al-Habsi. It's ridiculous.
Good team performance and more purposeful attack mainly due to excluding Beerens and Van den Berg.
Bring it on.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 21 Jan 2017 21:46

CountryRoyal
The Cap Does Jonathan Low actually proofread his reports? The one on the getreading site regarding Tiago Ilori's performance is .....well. Read it for yourselves.

Long gone are the days where even the most basic grasp of the English language are a requisite of being a journalist.

Just read it:

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... w-12488681

Expected to eye roll as nobber evening overly critical but yea that is a really poorly written article that barely tells us anything.

It looks more like notes to me, that a journalist may scribble down to properly write up at the end.

The tenses are all over the place, grammatical errors throughout. Just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Jan 2017 21:49

BenSmith91 Thoughts on Ilori?

I don't think he misplaced a pass. Composed on the ball. Lacking match sharpness. Another good young technical footballer that Stam can mould.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Jan 2017 21:53

bobby1413
CountryRoyal

Just read it:

Expected to eye roll as nobber evening overly critical but yea that is a really poorly written article that barely tells us anything.

It looks more like notes to me, that a journalist may scribble down to properly write up at the end.

The tenses are all over the place, grammatical errors throughout. Just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Considering his apparent predisposition towards poorly written and illogical content, I'm surprised he doesn't post more on twitter.

He just seems a bit out of his depth really.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Jan 2017 22:28

bobby1413
CountryRoyal

Just read it:

It was strangely difficult to read.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 21 Jan 2017 23:37

The Cube
bcubed Did well to get in at half time on equal terms as they two shouts for pegmatites in a quick succession

Is it another of the new laws this season that the home side gets a goal if they can spot a particular type of rock?

Yes surprised you didn't know about that one
oxf*rd auto correct!

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 22 Jan 2017 00:07

bcubed Great stadium
Freezing cold especially in second half

ilori looked class to me
First thirty minutes I thought - now I can see what Stam has been working towards
We not only kept possession but used it it to create chances, five I think
The three at the back looked comfortable and allowed Gunter and Obita to play to their strengths
We also looked very confident and passed it around really well and with some quick one touches (sadly lacking usually)
I can well believe Deeby saying we were the best team to play there so far

Then they equalised from a corner, where we were maybe a bit off guard
Bent didn't know much about it but at least he was in the right place and attacking the ball. Kermy take note!

Did well to get in at half time on equal terms as they had two shouts for penalties in quick succession

Second half we looked great again but then as usual a one shit pass too many and a gift of goal out of nothing. I bet they hadn't touched it up to that point

I missed the third as I was nobbing!

Subs worked well for a change and Meites goal was good, direct from a good corner from Kelly, though completely unmarked

Nearly pinched a draw and a couple of crosses went across goal without a touch.

So not that bad really
In patches looked great
Still over passing and sloppy goals given away
Ref as I said earlier was a total oxf*rd
If we had 3 Iloris we could really play a passing game without constantly giving it aŵay

We move on

Forgot to add the "We've got the ball, we've lost.the ball" song was very funny. Has it been sung before?

biff

by biff » 22 Jan 2017 01:42

bobby1413
CountryRoyal

Just read it:

It reads like something I'd have churned out in year 9 English.

107 posts