CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

User avatar
bobby m's syrup
Member
Posts: 845
Joined: 30 May 2004 23:03
Location: Amanzimtoti

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by bobby m's syrup » 02 Feb 2017 13:58

We should easily conker this league when Mr Popa starts knocking them in.

User avatar
Uke
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 24665
Joined: 17 Apr 2004 16:24
Location: Pretentious, Moi? @UkeRFC

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by Uke » 02 Feb 2017 18:24

No Popary!

Image

alfie9
Member
Posts: 355
Joined: 06 Aug 2016 00:01

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by alfie9 » 12 Jan 2018 21:16

Popa's scored another 2 for the under 23s tonight.

Why is he nowhere near the first team?

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3998
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Jan 2018 21:29

alfie9 wrote:Popa's scored another 2 for the under 23s tonight.

Why is he nowhere near the first team?


Can only be an attitude problem we don't know about. Shame really, he's a far better option than Aluko.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 3804
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 23:24
Location: Relocation to Surrey completed

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by Woodcote Royal » 12 Jan 2018 21:49

Has he made too many forward passes or crossed the half way line once too often? Is this what counts for “attitude” these days?

Could it just be the fact he didn’t cost £7m?

Whatever it is, I wish him well at his next club and hope tonight helped put him in the shop window.

He’s clearly wasted in the dire tedium of having Stam as his manager.


Zip
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1857
Joined: 30 Dec 2017 17:39

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by Zip » 12 Jan 2018 22:34

He has been very poorly treated. What was the point of this signing? He has never been given a chance

alfie9
Member
Posts: 355
Joined: 06 Aug 2016 00:01

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by alfie9 » 13 Jan 2018 00:00

Remember the Aston Villa game that we were all raving about and calling Stam's best performance? That was largely the work of Barrow and Popa.

He's clearly not injured so I'm baffled by the fact that we're forcing him out.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7275
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by Sutekh » 13 Jan 2018 09:53

Is there a conspiracy developing at the club to get it relegated?

    Bodvarsson has a pretty decent strike rate this season - gets on the bench if he's lucky
    Popa is also pretty decent and has looked more than capable whenever I've seen him yet rarely anywhere near the matchday squad
    Look to have a perfectly decent left back in Richards yet gets one opportunity every 3 months and is promptly dropped
While

    Aluko continues to deliver no end product
    Everyone and their mum seems top get played at left back, anything in fact that gives maximum disruption to the team balance
    Striker? What's that then?
Then there's the mystifying refusal to adapt the style and usually quite weird substitution decisions that change nothing or make things worse

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6954
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by Hound » 13 Jan 2018 10:54

No conspiracy just crap management


User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4055
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2018 11:32

He was utter dogshit in the last 25 minutes of the U23 game vs Brighton.

Like pub player bad. Against kids.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1399
Joined: 18 Sep 2004 15:36
Location: Kent

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by KC Royal » 13 Jan 2018 17:33

I'm expecting him to go this month and I think the only reason he's been playing for the u23s recently is to get match fitness. Can't see him being involved in the match day squad again this season unless there's multiple injuries.

popafan
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: 13 Jan 2018 16:16

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by popafan » 13 Jan 2018 17:40

I would give him a few games as he is much more commited than the unfit McCleary and at least he cares and works his socks off.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1700
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by windermereROYAL » 13 Jan 2018 19:42

How we could do with a finisher like that, but lets stick to players over the hill and past their best,.

https://twitter.com/adrian_popa77/statu ... 9638767616


Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6954
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by Hound » 13 Jan 2018 20:03

2 Lovely Goals tbf

His attitude looks decent in those games as well, I don’t reckon the problem with Stam is one of attitude. Obv just speculating though

User avatar
PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1459
Joined: 01 Mar 2005 07:38
Location: 1871

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by PistolPete » 22 Jul 2018 13:04

Popa is in Romania right now - Bucharest. He was at a club last night celebrating his birthday.

I know because, for some weird reason, I follow three footballers on Instagram: GMac, Popa and Danny Williams.

:arrow: Danny williams is obsessed with fitness, football and fashion.
:arrow: GMac seems a quiet family man
:arrow: Popa is travelling NON-STOP. He seems to travel for a day to a lunch spot somewhere weird and is on a plane again!

I always wondered why Stam bought (maybe he didn't) Popa but didn't take to him. Now I think I now why; he's just not that into football. Yes, he's been injured a lot, and yes he's injured now so why not go to Romania for rehab/a birthday celebration. But if he was really dedicated to making a success of Reading he'd stay around the club, do his rehab here, get to know his teammates etc...

I really want him to do well, I've always quite liked him; I just can't see it happening :(

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6019
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jul 2018 16:24

PistolPete wrote:Popa is in Romania right now - Bucharest. He was at a club last night celebrating his birthday.

I know because, for some weird reason, I follow three footballers on Instagram: GMac, Popa and Danny Williams.

:arrow: Danny williams is obsessed with fitness, football and fashion.
:arrow: GMac seems a quiet family man
:arrow: Popa is travelling NON-STOP. He seems to travel for a day to a lunch spot somewhere weird and is on a plane again!

I always wondered why Stam bought (maybe he didn't) Popa but didn't take to him. Now I think I now why; he's just not that into football. Yes, he's been injured a lot, and yes he's injured now so why not go to Romania for rehab/a birthday celebration. But if he was really dedicated to making a success of Reading he'd stay around the club, do his rehab here, get to know his teammates etc...

I really want him to do well, I've always quite liked him; I just can't see it happening :(


Rate you as a poster but what a load of shit.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1065
Joined: 20 Jan 2016 13:10

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by muirinho » 22 Jul 2018 16:31

CountryRoyal wrote:
PistolPete wrote:Popa is in Romania right now - Bucharest. He was at a club last night celebrating his birthday.

I know because, for some weird reason, I follow three footballers on Instagram: GMac, Popa and Danny Williams.

:arrow: Danny williams is obsessed with fitness, football and fashion.
:arrow: GMac seems a quiet family man
:arrow: Popa is travelling NON-STOP. He seems to travel for a day to a lunch spot somewhere weird and is on a plane again!

I always wondered why Stam bought (maybe he didn't) Popa but didn't take to him. Now I think I now why; he's just not that into football. Yes, he's been injured a lot, and yes he's injured now so why not go to Romania for rehab/a birthday celebration. But if he was really dedicated to making a success of Reading he'd stay around the club, do his rehab here, get to know his teammates etc...

I really want him to do well, I've always quite liked him; I just can't see it happening :(


Rate you as a poster but what a load of shit.


Why do you think that?

If you have a look at Popa's instagram, he's always on the move. If Stam didn't think he was being terribly professional outside the club, then why wouldn't it have had an effect on how he was perceived?

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6019
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jul 2018 18:46

I disagree with the notion that he’s not into football because he either travels frequently or the fact he posts it on social media.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1065
Joined: 20 Jan 2016 13:10

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by muirinho » 22 Jul 2018 19:45

CountryRoyal wrote:I disagree with the notion that he’s not into football because he either travels frequently or the fact he posts it on social media.

Oh ok. Yeah it doesn't tell me if he's into football, it does tell me he doesn't stay quietly in at home much.

User avatar
PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1459
Joined: 01 Mar 2005 07:38
Location: 1871

Re: CONFIMRED - Adrian Popa

by PistolPete » 23 Jul 2018 19:54

My point was made as a direct comparison to Danny Williams. The guy only left Huddersfield for surgery/rehab in the US and for a short holiday. He posts banter with his teammates regularly and comes across as obsessive about getting fit and doing well for HTFC. If it’s all curated PR, then he’s fooled me. Equally, if Popa is desperate to fit in and succeed at Reading and is actually round Gunters watching re-runs of the promotion season under Copell, but doesn’t want to instagram it due to being bashful- then fair play, he’s also fooled me.

I guess I misrepresented my feelings with the ‘he doesn’t love football’ thing. The main point is that he doesn’t appear to be doing what I would want him to do as a RFC player who hasn’t yet succeeded. I mean, wtf is he doing in Bucharest again?!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Coppells Lost Coat, George_, Google Adsense [Bot], NewCorkSeth, Tilehurstsouthbank and 78 guests

It is currently 23 Oct 2018 16:22