Rival Watch

17149 posts
Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rival Watch

by Theroyalbox » 24 Apr 2018 10:12

LUX
Theroyalbox We literally need a point against a shite Ipswich team to stay up.

you are either being thick or flippant.

I've placed a bet on Paddy Power which one it is. Poor odds ftl.

If we get a point against Ipswich do you think we will get relegated?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Apr 2018 10:45

Theroyalbox
LUX

Depends how the other teams do.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 24 Apr 2018 10:53

genome
Theroyalbox
LUX

Well

Forest Barnsley (D)

Barnsley Brentford (D)

Burton Bolton (D)

Reading Ipswich (D)

What are your predictions mine in ()

Leaves us 4 points clear with a game to go? (I think)

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Apr 2018 10:58

Theroyalbox
LUX

Yes

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Apr 2018 11:28

Theroyalbox
genome
Theroyalbox

Well

Forest Barnsley (D)

Barnsley Brentford (D)

Burton Bolton (D)

Reading Ipswich (D)

Doesnt matter what Barnsley do. anything less than a Bolton win on Saturday then a draw is enough.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 24 Apr 2018 11:36

windermereROYAL
Theroyalbox
genome

Well

Forest Barnsley (D)

Barnsley Brentford (D)

Burton Bolton (D)

Reading Ipswich (D)

Doesnt matter what Barnsley do. anything less than a Bolton win on Saturday then a draw is enough.

And Bolton haven't won away from home this year, don't you guys panic your pretty little heads off were going to be just fine.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 25 Apr 2018 07:09

OK this is not strictly relevant but watching the highlights of the Cardiff game last night - that was a masterclass of giving away cheap goals. All 3 are classics of bad defending. Has Colin brought JS in as a defensive coach?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Apr 2018 08:16

Royalwaster OK this is not strictly relevant but watching the highlights of the Cardiff game last night - that was a masterclass of giving away cheap goals. All 3 are classics of bad defending. Has Colin brought JS in as a defensive coach?

Cardiff looked shit. Constant long balls and yes the defence was all over the shop.

double d

by double d » 25 Apr 2018 08:51

Morrison at fault for 2, and the keeper aswell was utter LOL for the first.... don't get why he even attempted to catch that ball that was going out for a gk

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Apr 2018 09:11

I would rather Fulham and Villa go up out of the remaining lot in contention just on the basis that I feel the other teams are more likely to regress next season than those two.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 25 Apr 2018 09:19

tidus_mi2 I would rather Fulham and Villa go up out of the remaining lot in contention just on the basis that I feel the other teams are more likely to regress next season than those two.

Yes agreed - think Villa will get auto next season if they stay down, but as I write that those kind of predictions have been so wrong in the past. Who knows what the relegated teams from the Prem will do - and I wouldn't be surprised if Wigan / Blackburn are serious contenders next year as promoted teams with a bit of financial support often are.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Apr 2018 10:18

I hope Southampton come down from the Prem. At the moment it looks like there are bugger all decent away days if Fulham and Villa go up, and Wigan and Blackburn coming up to the Champ

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Apr 2018 11:29

genome I hope Southampton come down from the Prem. At the moment it looks like there are bugger all decent away days if Fulham and Villa go up, and Wigan and Blackburn coming up to the Champ

True - the division is becoming ever more northern. Stoke and West Brom aren't exactly great locations, though the stadiums are decent enough. Fulham is at least a good day out, would miss that option

double d

by double d » 25 Apr 2018 12:05

Hound
genome I hope Southampton come down from the Prem. At the moment it looks like there are bugger all decent away days if Fulham and Villa go up, and Wigan and Blackburn coming up to the Champ

True - the division is becoming ever more northern. Stoke and West Brom aren't exactly great locations, though the stadiums are decent enough. Fulham is at least a good day out, would miss that option

hate stoke away. always so bloody cold and boring

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Apr 2018 12:21

double d
Hound

not been to either Stoke or WBA for a long while, but do remember the area round the Stoke stadium as being utterly depressing. The atmosphere inside was good enough though

Quite like the WBA stadium when inside, but similar to Stoke not a great area (though Brum centre isnt far away). Again a while ago, but sole memory of the area was a gang of West Brom fans racially abusing a couple of Indian chaps going the other way - was most unpleasant

double d

by double d » 25 Apr 2018 12:23

Hound
double d
Hound

not been to either Stoke or WBA for a long while, but do remember the area round the Stoke stadium as being utterly depressing. The atmosphere inside was good enough though

Quite like the WBA stadium when inside, but similar to Stoke not a great area (though Brum centre isnt far away). Again a while ago, but sole memory of the area was a gang of West Brom fans racially abusing a couple of Indian chaps going the other way - was most unpleasant

just because they have a massive gap in their stadium and the wind comes down the hills and it is just depressing.

To be fair nothing can ever beat burnley in terms of a depressing place to visit on an away day.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Apr 2018 12:37

Nah, Kenilworth Road takes that prize

double d

by double d » 25 Apr 2018 12:40

genome Nah, Kenilworth Road takes that prize

Ugh. I have erased Luton out my memory.

I think that is the actual worst place in Britain. It was an utter dump . Real bad racism aswell.

I think the fact that you have to make a conscious decision to travel hours to Burnley wins it for me.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Apr 2018 12:43

Away supporters pretty much have to go through someone's garden to get to the stand

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Apr 2018 13:13

Hard to argue against Kenilworth Road being the biggest shithole tbh. Bradford City is quite close to it though, the people up there are absolutely abysmal. We were on our way up a busy road that leads up to the stadium and a group of Asian gentlemen stopped their car in the middle of the road in order to get out and abuse a very small pocket of Reading supporters. Really odd behaviour.

17149 posts