Rival Watch

17149 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by Hound » 24 Oct 2018 22:10

Defeats for Hull, Bolton and Ipswich then. Win for Preston

We’d do well to finish below that dreadful trio. Though we’re making a pretty good stab at it so far

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 24 Oct 2018 22:13

Hound Defeats for Hull, Bolton and Ipswich then. Win for Preston

We’d do well to finish below that dreadful trio. Though we’re making a pretty good stab at it so far

Dont know if we will be lucky enough 2 years in a row.

We only didn't went down last season because 5 teams were somehow shitter then us.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Oct 2018 22:17

Hound Defeats for Hull, Bolton and Ipswich then. Win for Preston

Well Bolton have already beaten us in our own backyard and are four points clear of us. I thought they looked ok. Hull were dreadful at our place.
I’m hoping Rotherham sink. We might just finish above Rotherham and Hull. Not sure about Ipswich.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Oct 2018 09:30

We're essentially already in a league of 6 (poss 7 with Bolton) and the bottom 3 will come from that group. We are actually doing well in that section having W3 L1 against the teams down there. If we can continue picking up points of them and somehow beat a team placed 16th or higher, that should be enough to creep over the line so that we can enjoy the same crap next year.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 Oct 2018 09:39

Stranded We're essentially already in a league of 6 (poss 7 with Bolton) and the bottom 3 will come from that group. We are actually doing well in that section having W3 L1 against the teams down there. If we can continue picking up points of them and somehow beat a team placed 16th or higher, that should be enough to creep over the line so that we can enjoy the same crap next year.

Yep, I'd say that's pretty much bang on.

Bolton have usually been there or there abouts at the bottom for a few seasons now (much to Snowflake Royal's disagreement), then Rotherham are a yo-yo team anyway. I think that leaves Hull or Ipswich as favourites for the final place - do you think Ipswich will sack their manager soon and will that have the desired effect to get them out?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Oct 2018 10:43

John Smith
Stranded We're essentially already in a league of 6 (poss 7 with Bolton) and the bottom 3 will come from that group. We are actually doing well in that section having W3 L1 against the teams down there. If we can continue picking up points of them and somehow beat a team placed 16th or higher, that should be enough to creep over the line so that we can enjoy the same crap next year.

Bolton have usually been there or there abouts at the bottom for a few seasons now (much to Snowflake Royal's disagreement), then Rotherham are a yo-yo team anyway. I think that leaves Hull or Ipswich as favourites for the final place - do you think Ipswich will sack their manager soon and will that have the desired effect to get them out?

Not sure Ipswich will get rid as any manager coming in there after McCarthy was always up against it, there has been a bit of a slow death there (similar to us) for a while and arguably MM was the only reason they weren't where they are now before. If they do drop, they arguably have the perfect manager to look to rebuild.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Oct 2018 11:32

After 17 consecutive seasons in this division, most of which spent in the bottom half, I'd imagine Ipswich are relishing the thought of getting out, someway somehow.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Oct 2018 12:12

2 consecutive wins for any of those teams will take them into the next group. Plenty of the season to go yet and one team always drops like a stone (us last year for example)

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 Oct 2018 12:17

Hound 2 consecutive wins for any of those teams will take them into the next group. Plenty of the season to go yet and one team always drops like a stone (us last year for example)

That's funny because you posted this in my poll thread of relegation predictions:

Hound Birmingham seem to have picked right up and have apparently been playing well all year

Rotherham, Hull and Ipswich I think

That would suggest that a team wouldn't 'drop like a stone'?

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 25 Oct 2018 12:44

John Smith

Bolton are definitely in the mix, particularly since I'm sure they won their first thee games or 3 in 4 or something....so they must be on worse form than anyone.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Oct 2018 12:51

Mid Sussex Royal
John Smith

Bolton are definitely in the mix, particularly since I'm sure they won their first thee games or 3 in 4 or something....so they must be on worse form than anyone.

Yep, they picked up 10pts from the first 12, so only picked up 6 points in the last 10 games. Only Hull are worst over the same 10 game run.

For balance, we are 16th over that same period - our truly awful start is costing us at the moment.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 25 Oct 2018 13:09

Be interesting to see if the FA have the balls to impose the points deductions that they are threatening QPR, Bolton and Birmingham with, and if those will come into play. My feeling is they wont because the FA have dragged their feet time and time again with offending clubs. They would never do what the Scottish FA did to Rangers or indeed what the FA did to Luton a few years back (30 points wasn't it?).
They will no doubt wait until the end of the season before imposing the deductions.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Oct 2018 13:57

Ascotexgunner Be interesting to see if the FA have the balls to impose the points deductions that they are threatening QPR, Bolton and Birmingham with, and if those will come into play. My feeling is they wont because the FA have dragged their feet time and time again with offending clubs. They would never do what the Scottish FA did to Rangers or indeed what the FA did to Luton a few years back (30 points wasn't it?).
They will no doubt wait until the end of the season before imposing the deductions.

Cowards and charlatans the lot of them!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Oct 2018 15:45

John Smith
Hound 2 consecutive wins for any of those teams will take them into the next group. Plenty of the season to go yet and one team always drops like a stone (us last year for example)

That's funny because you posted this in my poll thread of relegation predictions:

Hound Birmingham seem to have picked right up and have apparently been playing well all year

Rotherham, Hull and Ipswich I think

That would suggest that a team wouldn't 'drop like a stone'?

No idea what point you are trying to make there old fella. We didn’t go down last year either but ended up one of the teams that could have gone down on the last day

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 25 Oct 2018 17:05

As expected, Hirst has gone from Ipswich.

Took a massive gamble, safe to say it did not pay off for him, Ipswich and Shrewsbury.

Should have kept MM.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 Oct 2018 17:08

Stranded Not sure Ipswich will get rid as any manager coming in there after McCarthy was always up against it, there has been a bit of a slow death there (similar to us) for a while and arguably MM was the only reason they weren't where they are now before. If they do drop, they arguably have the perfect manager to look to rebuild.

Right, well that turned out to be total bollocks didn't it. I seriously wonder whether you know anything about football Stranded.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Oct 2018 17:10

Kulshaw72RFC As expected, Hirst has gone from Ipswich.

Took a massive gamble, safe to say it did not pay off for him, Ipswich and Shrewsbury.

Should have kept MM.

Paul Lambert to take over, not sure the Norwich fans will like that too much!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Oct 2018 17:42

Shame as he was doing a spectacularly shit job

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Oct 2018 17:49

URZZZZ
Kulshaw72RFC As expected, Hirst has gone from Ipswich.

Should have kept MM.

Paul Lambert to take over, not sure the Norwich fans will like that too much!

Lambert is God awful. Helps our cause.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Oct 2018 18:02

John Smith
Stranded Not sure Ipswich will get rid as any manager coming in there after McCarthy was always up against it, there has been a bit of a slow death there (similar to us) for a while and arguably MM was the only reason they weren't where they are now before. If they do drop, they arguably have the perfect manager to look to rebuild.

Right, well that turned out to be total bollocks didn't it. I seriously wonder whether you know anything about football Stranded.

Stranded just failed to factor in that most clubs rarely do the right thing and mostly just panic sack people in a doomed attempt to stave off the inevitable because they're incapable of appreciating how shit they are.

17149 posts