Rival Watch

17149 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by Hound » 11 Mar 2019 18:11

Nice to see that idiot fan had to pay £100 compensation to Grealish, bet that made it all ok for JG

Tbf always thought Grealish was a bit of a cock, but think he handled it incredibly well, both at the time and in his interview. Gone up plenty in my estimations

Still got a ridiculous accent mind you

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 12 Mar 2019 00:02

Hound Nice to see that idiot fan had to pay £100 compensation to Grealish, bet that made it all ok for JG

Tbf always thought Grealish was a bit of a cock, but think he handled it incredibly well, both at the time and in his interview. Gone up plenty in my estimations

He was jailed for 14 weeks so that might help

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Mar 2019 22:23

Brentford had 29 efforts on goal tonight at Sheff utd, and lost 2-0

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Mar 2019 22:32

Fairly standard Brentford that. Great results all round tonight

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Mar 2019 04:16

Hound Nice to see that idiot fan had to pay £100 compensation to Grealish, bet that made it all ok for JG

One thing I found funny was just how well he took it, considering the circumstances it was a decent connection and would have taken him by surprise, you can understand being knocked down but then he just sat there. Meanwhile in game a player is brushed and they roll over 7 times and scream like they’ve been shot. Footballers aren’t soft, they just pretend to be.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Mar 2019 08:28

So whilst we lost 3-0 to a team that is likely to be in the PL next year, Wigan were losing 3-0 to a Blackburn team who had taken 1 point from their previous 7 games. No win in 7 now for them and 3 straight defeats.

The face a massive game against Bolton on Saturday now, as their fixture list after then looks more than tricky.

Bolton's defeat helpful as well, leaving them 7 points shy of us. If Millwall and Rotherham both lose tonight, which is not beyond the realms of possibility then it's as you were with one game less on the board.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2019 09:04

yep very lucky last night, was expecting Wigan to do Blackburn

Is that 4 away games in a row for Wigan then? Still think they'll get out of it, thought they were better than Rotherham, but obvs a bad run is hard to get out of. And they have proper slumped down the table

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Mar 2019 09:15

Hound yep very lucky last night, was expecting Wigan to do Blackburn

Is that 4 away games in a row for Wigan then? Still think they'll get out of it, thought they were better than Rotherham, but obvs a bad run is hard to get out of. And they have proper slumped down the table

It has become very interesting. We need some luck with results tonight.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Mar 2019 09:41

3 away games on the bounce. Was preceeded by 3 home games that were all drawn 0-0's v Stoke & Boro and 1-1 v Ipswich where they needed an injury time equaliser against a side playing with 10 men for 65 mins.

That is why Saturday is massive for them in my view - fail to beat Bolton and their next 5 games look very scary indeed for a team on a bad run:

Brentford (H)
Bristol City (A)
Hull (A)
Norwich (H)
Leeds (A)

They follow that with Preston and Brum. Really not easy for a struggling team whose form is declining.

I'm starting to think that it is likely that Wigan V Millwall on the last day may well be a straight shoot-out to stay up.
Last edited by Stranded on 13 Mar 2019 09:41, edited 1 time in total.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Mar 2019 09:41

leon

It has become very interesting. We need some luck with results tonight.

I think QPR will have enough to beat Rotherham but can see Millwall sneaking a point at Birmingham, which wouldn't be the end of the world.

Tbh, even if both games ended as a draw it wouldn't be the end of the world.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 13 Mar 2019 09:52

CountryRoyal

One thing I found funny was just how well he took it, considering the circumstances it was a decent connection and would have taken him by surprise, you can understand being knocked down but then he just sat there. Meanwhile in game a player is brushed and they roll over 7 times and scream like they’ve been shot. Footballers aren’t soft, they just pretend to be.

could also imagine that since he was taken completely by surprise, it's possible that he would have been off balance, and there wasn't enough in it if he'd actually been expecting it. A push in the back can knock you flying, but is way less painful than a kick in the ankle.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2019 10:22

Stranded

3 away games on the bounce. Was preceeded by 3 home games that were all drawn 0-0's v Stoke & Boro and 1-1 v Ipswich where they needed an injury time equaliser against a side playing with 10 men for 65 mins.

That is why Saturday is massive for them in my view - fail to beat Bolton and their next 5 games look very scary indeed for a team on a bad run:

Brentford (H)
Bristol City (A)
Hull (A)
Norwich (H)
Leeds (A)

They follow that with Preston and Brum. Really not easy for a struggling team whose form is declining.

I'm starting to think that it is likely that Wigan V Millwall on the last day may well be a straight shoot-out to stay up.

ouch, that is a very shitty run

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Mar 2019 11:12

They're 17/2 to go down now, which still seems quite generous. Did anyone take the 25/1 available last week?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Mar 2019 11:33

Pepe the Horseman They're 17/2 to go down now, which still seems quite generous. Did anyone take the 25/1 available last week?

Stop gambling Pepe

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Mar 2019 12:09

John Smith
Pepe the Horseman They're 17/2 to go down now, which still seems quite generous. Did anyone take the 25/1 available last week?

Stop gambling Pepe

I can't :(

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Mar 2019 12:19

Stranded Brentford (H)
Bristol City (A)
Hull (A)
Norwich (H)
Leeds (A)

Might well be that either side has to win to stay up, and a draw could kill both of them,
(this presuming Bolton put something together, of course)

When they were both big odds, fancied them for a long-odds double

Of course, Wigan beat Bolton this weekend, that's Bolton virtually down

(but Bolton win and they can see light at the end of the tunnel)

Basildon

by Basildon » 13 Mar 2019 12:29

I've got £10 on 20/1, now in at 7/1 on Betway and completely agree, still seems very generous considering we're level on points and at 5/2

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Mar 2019 14:27

windermereROYAL Brentford had 29 efforts on goal tonight at Sheff utd, and lost 2-0

That'll be something to look forward to then on 13th April.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Mar 2019 20:26

Millwall 1 up at Birmingham.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 13 Mar 2019 20:39

Millwall 2 up now

faaaccckkk