Rival Watch

17133 posts
linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rival Watch

by linkenholtroyal » 21 Mar 2019 15:20

From Despair To Where? No they're not. Maggenis and Ameobi are shit, Hobbs is an injury waiting to happen and Vela is no better than Kelly.

I'll give you Beevers though, he's better than McShane.

Just being realistic we will not be spending big in the summer.
Maggenis - ok maybe he's not that great actually thought he was good in some highlights but maybe league 1 Is his home.
Ameobi - I rate he is a bit of a Barrow/meite style character has plenty of pace and could be a good back up option to the wingers would still give Harriot a new contract though
Hobbs- has played over 20 games this season but does have a iffy injury record. When Miazga goes back, Mcshane and Oshea are released we are very light in that area a cheap bench warmer who can fill in well at CB when needed low risk and low wages.
Vela - If we sell Kelly, Swift or any othere like this another good player that can do a job at CM not the enforcer we are all after but I would be looking at Morsey from Wigan to compete with Rinomhota for that position.
Beevers - Gd experienced CB to take over from Mcshane.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Mar 2019 15:51

linkenholtroyal
From Despair To Where? No they're not. Maggenis and Ameobi are shit, Hobbs is an injury waiting to happen and Vela is no better than Kelly.

Maggenis - ok maybe he's not that great actually thought he was good in some highlights but maybe league 1 Is his home.
Ameobi - I rate he is a bit of a Barrow/meite style character has plenty of pace and could be a good back up option to the wingers would still give Harriot a new contract though
Hobbs- has played over 20 games this season but does have a iffy injury record. When Miazga goes back, Mcshane and Oshea are released we are very light in that area a cheap bench warmer who can fill in well at CB when needed low risk and low wages.
Vela - If we sell Kelly, Swift or any othere like this another good player that can do a job at CM not the enforcer we are all after but I would be looking at Morsey from Wigan to compete with Rinomhota for that position.
Beevers - Gd experienced CB to take over from Mcshane.

If we sign Jack Hobbs and Mark Beevers, we may as well wave the white flag already, there's a reason Bolton are even lower than us in the table...

I'd rather just try out McIntyre/Osho etc, than buy players who just got relegated to league one themselves who didn't stand out. I do see it from your point of view but there's no chance we'll be looking at Bolton players regardless if we stay up/go down

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 21 Mar 2019 19:14

The only player worth picking off the Bolton carcass would be Luca Connell, their 17 year old midfielder who has been their only glimmer of hope for the future.

Unfortunately we would have to join a long queue behind several premier league clubs scouts, including Spurs who are reported to be tracking him.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Mar 2019 20:52

linkenholtroyal

Will we not?

No way the Chinese want another season like this.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Mar 2019 21:07

CountryRoyal
linkenholtroyal

Will we not?

FFP will limit what we can spend

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Mar 2019 07:24

Even if we could spend big, we'd judt pay £10m to bring Nigel Quashie out of retirement. Our big spending is appalling, I don't know why anyone would want us to spend big.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Mar 2019 08:10

Zip
CountryRoyal
linkenholtroyal

Will we not?

FFP will limit what we can spend

Theoretically. And we have certainly seemed to try and keep within those parameters generally, but as I said the Chinese aren’t going to want to hang about for ever.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Mar 2019 08:12

Snowflake Royal Even if we could spend big, we'd judt pay £10m to bring Nigel Quashie out of retirement. Our big spending is appalling, I don't know why anyone would want us to spend big.

Spot on. In fact, spin off thread? Best most expensive signing?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Mar 2019 09:17

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal Even if we could spend big, we'd judt pay £10m to bring Nigel Quashie out of retirement. Our big spending is appalling, I don't know why anyone would want us to spend big.

Least worst Shirley?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Mar 2019 09:38

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal

Least worst Shirley?

For his time, Lita and he shouldn't be classed as least worst.

Ilori shouldn't be considered a bad signing either. Mariappa was decent in his short time here.

Martin Butler could also be considered expensive for the time and level we were playing at, along with Forster as well.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-reading/transferrekorde/verein/1032

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Mar 2019 10:06

did we really pay money for Big Danzell?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Mar 2019 11:19

9pt deduction for Brum apparently. Not quite enough to really drag them into it, but a couple more defeats and they'll be worried

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 22 Mar 2019 11:22

Hound 9pt deduction for Brum apparently. Not quite enough to really drag them into it, but a couple more defeats and they'll be worried

So Brum at home on the last day could decide what leagues we play in next season . . .

What could possibli go wrong!

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 22 Mar 2019 11:29

Elm Park Kid
Hound 9pt deduction for Brum apparently. Not quite enough to really drag them into it, but a couple more defeats and they'll be worried

So Brum at home on the last day could decide what leagues we play in next season . . .

What could possibli go wrong!

Lets just hope we both need a point , and play out the worst ever 0-0 in footballing history

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Mar 2019 11:35

Hendo Ilori shouldn't be considered a bad signing either. Mariappa was decent in his short time here.

Why not? He was one of the most forgettable players to have ever been at the club.

Don't Panic

by Don't Panic » 22 Mar 2019 11:42

Seeing as their next 3 games are WBA, Leeds and Sheff Utd, I would say it is plenty to drag them into it. In fact, all of their last games now become huge, as their other 4 are against Derby, Ipswich, Rotherham and Wigan, with us on the last day. Having lost their last 4 they could well be a bit nervous.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Mar 2019 11:44

John Smith
Hendo Ilori shouldn't be considered a bad signing either. Mariappa was decent in his short time here.

Why not? He was one of the most forgettable players to have ever been at the club.

Which one?

Mariappa only left because we got relegated, I am sure he would've gone on to have a good career with us if we had stayed up, backed up by the fact he has played consistent Premier League football since leaving us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Mar 2019 11:56

Don't Panic

Seeing as their next 3 games are WBA, Leeds and Sheff Utd, I would say it is plenty to drag them into it. In fact, all of their last games now become huge, as their other 4 are against Derby, Ipswich, Rotherham and Wigan, with us on the last day. Having lost their last 4 they could well be a bit nervous.

yeah you'd expect them to lose those, and then be 7 in a row.

9pts still seems a bit of a cop out to give them a good chance though. 12 points and they'd be in real trouble

Don't Panic

by Don't Panic » 22 Mar 2019 12:28

Hound
Don't Panic

yeah you'd expect them to lose those, and then be 7 in a row.

9pts still seems a bit of a cop out to give them a good chance though. 12 points and they'd be in real trouble

Agree, not really sure why it wasn't 12 TBH.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 22 Mar 2019 12:45

Don't Panic

We don't want them dragged into it. This points deduction does not help us one bit. Rather play Birmingham at home last game of season where they are on their holidays versus being in a match where both teams livelihoods depend on it. And we all know how that will end.

17133 posts