Rival Watch

17256 posts
Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by Silver Fox » 22 Mar 2019 12:48

paultheroyal This points deduction does not help us one bit. Rather play Birmingham at home last game of season where they are on their holidays versus being in a match where both teams livelihoods depend on it. And we all know how that will end.

Apart from the fact they now won't be on the beach when they play Rotherham and Wigan before they come to us? They may have actually done us a massive favour before the last game of the season even comes round

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Mar 2019 12:54

Hendo
John Smith
Hendo Ilori shouldn't be considered a bad signing either. Mariappa was decent in his short time here.

Why not? He was one of the most forgettable players to have ever been at the club.

Which one?

Mariappa only left because we got relegated, I am sure he would've gone on to have a good career with us if we had stayed up, backed up by the fact he has played consistent Premier League football since leaving us.

Sorry, I didn't quite crop the quote.

Ilori. He was dogshit.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Mar 2019 12:57

John Smith
Hendo
John Smith Why not? He was one of the most forgettable players to have ever been at the club.

Which one?

Mariappa only left because we got relegated, I am sure he would've gone on to have a good career with us if we had stayed up, backed up by the fact he has played consistent Premier League football since leaving us.

Ilori. He was dogshit.

Well he wasn't though, was he? Dogshit is harsh and I would say he was a reasonable success.

Had a mistake in him but a reliable CB who at times looked really class.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Mar 2019 13:17

Hendo
John Smith
Hendo
Which one?

Ilori. He was dogshit.

Well he wasn't though, was he? Dogshit is harsh and I would say he was a reasonable success.

He was a Rolls Royce that had a flat battery.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Mar 2019 13:21

Hendo Which one?

I thought Mariappa was sold because he wasn't a right fit for the manager/style of play?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Mar 2019 13:27

Silver Fox
paultheroyal This points deduction does not help us one bit. Rather play Birmingham at home last game of season where they are on their holidays versus being in a match where both teams livelihoods depend on it. And we all know how that will end.

Apart from the fact they now won't be on the beach when they play Rotherham and Wigan before they come to us? They may have actually done us a massive favour before the last game of the season even comes round

Very valid point, whereas GetReading is only whinging about the decision having made our run in far harder!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Mar 2019 13:30

RoyalBlue
Silver Fox

Very valid point, whereas GetReading is only whinging about the decision having made our run in far harder!

Does Tom Canning-Read go?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Mar 2019 13:32

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
John Smith Sorry, I didn't quite crop the quote.

Ilori. He was dogshit.

I quite like that OMA. Did you nick it off someone else?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Mar 2019 13:34

Hound
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

I quite like that OMA. Did you nick it off someone else?

No it is property of OMA Analogies Inc.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 22 Mar 2019 17:04

Birmingham have just been deducted 9 points....that last game of the season could be very important for both clubs now..whilst it puts another team nearly in the relegation fight I'm not sure thays good news for us.. :shock:

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 22 Mar 2019 20:36

So they drop to 41 points a couple of wins they will stay up. They have some very good players Harley Dean and Jota to name two. They paid big money for. We got rid of our big earners to comply with fair play and may still go down. If they send us down on the last day of the season.
Will the punishment have fitted the crime?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Mar 2019 20:50

EFL bottled it, take enough points off them to leave them quite comfortably above the drop zone. no real punishment at all this? that`ll teach em.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 22 Mar 2019 22:32

windermereROYAL EFL bottled it, take enough points off them to leave them quite comfortably above the drop zone. no real punishment at all this? that`ll teach em.

Agree, they bottled the 12 point deduction I hoped they would go for

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Mar 2019 23:55

Silver Fox

That’s a very good point. This might work in our favour.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 23 Mar 2019 03:21

It's like QPR they were given a transfer ban then straight away bought in Wells and Hamed two big money loan signings for the whole season. There goals have kept them clear of the relegation zone.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Mar 2019 07:06

Jackson Corner It's like QPR they were given a transfer ban then straight away bought in Wells and Hamed two big money loan signings for the whole season. There goals have kept them clear of the relegation zone.

Are you sure? Wells has scored 8 goals and Hamed 5, no better than our strikers.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 23 Mar 2019 12:14

13 goals plus assists 8 points clear of the relegation zone. They are two Premier league players on big salaries. I would take those two over Mietie and Baldock

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Mar 2019 13:01

Meite and Baldock have scored 8 and 5 as well. Not as many assists but your original point was about goals :|

Only Wells has got assists out of the two, with 6, Meite and Baldock have one each so only 4 more assists, hardly top stuff.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 23 Mar 2019 14:51

Regardless of the goals or points they have given QPR. The point I was trying to make was the transfer embargo was no punishment for there overspending. They were still able to splash cash on loan signings. Why did they not get a points deduction?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Mar 2019 15:30

Jackson Corner Regardless of the goals or points they have given QPR. The point I was trying to make was the transfer embargo was no punishment for there overspending. They were still able to splash cash on loan signings. Why did they not get a points deduction?

Because their lawyers have already run rings round the FL once?

17256 posts