Rival Watch

17133 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Rival Watch

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Mar 2019 09:37

Hound out of interest, wtf did they sack Holloway at QPR? He had them improving and playing decent football last year. McClaren must be approaching sack time

Think McClaren promised them financial investment with him at the helm. That is where Hemed and Wells came from.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2019 09:38

and theyve both been pretty shit. Especially Hemed.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 14 Mar 2019 10:03

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Denver Royal Ajayi with another 2 goals tonight. He also did us twice, for the late equalizer at our place, and at their's.
Showing what tall CB's can do for you in Champ. And we gave the big money to Liam Moore :(

Tbf he played in midfield against us second half, and one of his goals last night was a shot from outside the area apparently. He’s no Morrison style big clogger

Actually thought at our place he was one of the best players I’ve seen all season, esp being in a poor side. Kept Nelson quiet. 5 goals in the last 4/5 games now to add to his defensive ability

Possible option for us if Rotherham go down and we stay up, hope our scouts took note.

What a player. Would love to have him here but I really think he could go to a newly promoted Prem team. He's carried Rotherham this season single handedly.

Fair play to them last night as well - they've got a great deal of fight in them. I think it's Wigan who need to watch themselves.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 14 Mar 2019 23:10

Denver Royal Ajayi with another 2 goals tonight. He also did us twice, for the late equalizer at our place, and at their's.
Showing what tall CB's can do for you in Champ. And we gave the big money to Liam Moore :(

Cooper has chipped in with 5 league goals for Millwall this season.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Mar 2019 16:31

That goal could seriously hinder Millwall if they end up losing in ET, they gave everything for that just to lose it in the last second to an embarassing error from their goalkeeper

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Mar 2019 17:20

I'd rather Millwall have progressed tbh. Now they'll 100% focus on the league

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Mar 2019 18:27

Dire penalty from Cooper that. To go with his foul for the Millwall goal and giving away a blatant pen that wasn’t seen

He fits right in there

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Mar 2019 19:39

Hound Dire penalty from Cooper that. To go with his foul for the Millwall goal and giving away a blatant pen that wasn’t seen

He fits right in there

FA Cup Quarter Finals are not Cooper’s thing.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Mar 2019 19:48

Zip
Hound Dire penalty from Cooper that. To go with his foul for the Millwall goal and giving away a blatant pen that wasn’t seen

He fits right in there

Football isn't Cooper's thing

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Mar 2019 00:08

Well Cooper scored against Everton with his arm, was fouling Murray for the Millwall opener today, poetic justice sending his penalty into orbit.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Mar 2019 10:50

Zip

He fits right in there

I think he was brave to go up 5th but I called him skying it before he took it. Harris/The Millwall midfielders and attacking players should be hanging their heads for sending an ungraceful centre back up to go fifth in a penalty shootout - cowardly behaviour and deserved to be knocked out.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Mar 2019 11:05

John Smith
Zip

He fits right in there

I think he was brave to go up 5th but I called him skying it before he took it. Harris/The Millwall midfielders and attacking players should be hanging their heads for sending an ungraceful centre back up to go fifth in a penalty shootout - cowardly behaviour and deserved to be knocked out.

You're completely clueless aren't you? He missed a penalty in sudden death so clearly he wasn't one of the five takers

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Mar 2019 11:07

URZZZZ
John Smith
Zip

You're completely clueless aren't you? He missed a penalty in sudden death so clearly he wasn't one of the five takers

So there was no one more suitable than him to go up and take a penalty? You've shown all you know about football on here and it amounts to very little indeed.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Mar 2019 11:08

he was 6th up, and they only had 10 men. So take off the keeper, and there were only 3 behind him.

I think a big issue is Harris subbed off all their penalty takers in normal time

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Mar 2019 11:12

John Smith
URZZZZ
John Smith I think he was brave to go up 5th but I called him skying it before he took it. Harris/The Millwall midfielders and attacking players should be hanging their heads for sending an ungraceful centre back up to go fifth in a penalty shootout - cowardly behaviour and deserved to be knocked out.

So there was no one more suitable than him to go up and take a penalty? You've shown all you know about football on here and it amounts to very little indeed.

They had 10 men, minus the goalie, they had 9 outfield players. They were playing 3 CB's and two full backs. By default, a defender had to have taken the 6th penalty. Just confirms my view that you are completely clueless

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Mar 2019 11:14

Penalties are about who is willing to step up too.

Anyone less keen on stepping up than Cooper was probably wouldnt have done a lot better under that pressure.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Mar 2019 11:14

URZZZZ
John Smith
URZZZZ

They had 10 men, minus the goalie, they had 9 outfield players. They were playing 3 CB's and two full backs. By default, a defender had to have taken the 6th penalty. Just confirms my view that you are completely clueless

You've still not answered my question as you're trying to insult me instead. Jake Cooper is probably only in front of the goalkeeper in terms of penalty taking ability therefore Harris has to walk for sending him up and costing them a semi final place.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Mar 2019 11:20

John Smith
URZZZZ
John Smith So there was no one more suitable than him to go up and take a penalty? You've shown all you know about football on here and it amounts to very little indeed.

You've still not answered my question as you're trying to insult me instead. Jake Cooper is probably only in front of the goalkeeper in terms of penalty taking ability therefore Harris has to walk for sending him up and costing them a semi final place.

Oh dear :lol: So you'd also sack the goalie for throwing the ball in his own net costing them a semi final place?

How am I supposed to know how good Millwall penalty takers are? Pearcey would have been just as bad a choice so yes Cooper was probably the "least worst" option which is why he went next

I suppose you also wanted Stam gone after the Huddersfield game for "making" two defenders in Obita and Moore taking a penalty

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Mar 2019 11:20

John Smith
URZZZZ
John Smith So there was no one more suitable than him to go up and take a penalty? You've shown all you know about football on here and it amounts to very little indeed.

What are you learned views of the penalty taking skills of:

Alex Pearce
Shaun Hutchinson
James Meredith

These were the remaining available penalty takers.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Mar 2019 11:23

Stranded
John Smith
URZZZZ

What are you learned views of the penalty taking skills of:

Alex Pearce
Shaun Hutchinson
James Meredith

These were the remaining available penalty takers.

I'd have sent Meredith up. Being a left back, he's more technical than the predominantly aerially-strong Cooper and would have stood a better chance with a dead ball kick under pressure. Hope that's a qualified enough answer.

17133 posts