Rival Watch

1867 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5820
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Rival Watch

by Hound » 01 Jan 2018 17:17

Was always going to be bad results as so many of the teams were playing each other. At least Millwall, Sunderland, Hull and Sheff Weds lost

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 19054
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Rival Watch

by genome » 01 Jan 2018 17:20

Just seen Hull are above the relegation zone on GD.

Imagine if two of the teams who came down from the PL last year went down again? I doubt that's ever happened before.

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5820
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Rival Watch

by Hound » 01 Jan 2018 17:24

genome wrote:Just seen Hull are above the relegation zone on GD.

Imagine if two of the teams who came down from the PL last year went down again? I doubt that's ever happened before.


Esp if joined by one who lost in the play off final :(

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5825
Joined: 26 Feb 2005 00:19
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: Rival Watch

by Kitsondinho » 01 Jan 2018 17:33

Maybe losing to Burton wasn’t as bad as it seemed :shock:

All joking aside, a loss tomorrow and we are right in the Oxf**d.....especially with the certainty that we’ll lose to Adkins’ Hull side. :roll:

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 19054
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Rival Watch

by genome » 01 Jan 2018 19:45

Football's funny - Cardiff have lost 4 games in a row, but have managed to go up a place to 3rd today because of the (hilarious) Bristol City result


User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3144
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Rival Watch

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Jan 2018 21:20

Hound wrote:PNE have as good a chance if anyone else in the play off mix. Prem league wages >>>> whatever we would pay

Things getting interesting at h/t. Burton, Bolton winning. Norwich, Sheff Weds losing. If Brum beat us tmrw it’s suddenly becoming any 3 from 7 or 8


So, they have to finish in the Play Offs and it's a crap shoot for almost anyone. £5 - 10k a week extra will tempt most Championship players.

User avatar
leon
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 17230
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 09:18
Location: Hips, Lips, Tits, Power

Re: Rival Watch

by leon » 01 Jan 2018 22:25

Snowflake Royal wrote:
Hound wrote:PNE have as good a chance if anyone else in the play off mix. Prem league wages >>>> whatever we would pay

Things getting interesting at h/t. Burton, Bolton winning. Norwich, Sheff Weds losing. If Brum beat us tmrw it’s suddenly becoming any 3 from 7 or 8


So, they have to finish in the Play Offs and it's a crap shoot for almost anyone. £5 - 10k a week extra will tempt most Championship players.


Could you keepthe bizarre fantasy world where you think you can read the players' minds to your deluded self please.

double d
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8138
Joined: 31 Jul 2006 00:08

Re: Rival Watch

by double d » 01 Jan 2018 22:44

:lol:

Come on Leon, we all know ian is a world class football agent who has inner knowledge of the game. He must be, the shit he comes out with.

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3144
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Rival Watch

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Jan 2018 23:39

leon wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:
Hound wrote:PNE have as good a chance if anyone else in the play off mix. Prem league wages >>>> whatever we would pay

Things getting interesting at h/t. Burton, Bolton winning. Norwich, Sheff Weds losing. If Brum beat us tmrw it’s suddenly becoming any 3 from 7 or 8


So, they have to finish in the Play Offs and it's a crap shoot for almost anyone. £5 - 10k a week extra will tempt most Championship players.


Could you keepthe bizarre fantasy world where you think you can read the players' minds to your deluded self please.


I know you're desperate to try and get one over on me because I called you a word you don't like, but this is a little sad.


User avatar
leon
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 17230
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 09:18
Location: Hips, Lips, Tits, Power

Re: Rival Watch

by leon » 02 Jan 2018 00:08

Snowflake Royal wrote:
leon wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:
So, they have to finish in the Play Offs and it's a crap shoot for almost anyone. £5 - 10k a week extra will tempt most Championship players.


Could you keepthe bizarre fantasy world where you think you can read the players' minds to your deluded self please.


I know you're desperate to try and get one over on me because I called you a word you don't like, but this is a little sad.


All we want is consistency Ian.

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2461
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio

Re: Rival Watch

by John Smith » 19 Jan 2018 16:38

Saturday 20th January
Sunderland v Hull City

Tuesday 30th January
Birmingham City v Sunderland

I do love this league

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1368
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: Rival Watch

by windermereROYAL » 27 Jan 2018 16:01

Barnsley beating Fulham, down to 19th as it stands

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1368
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: Rival Watch

by windermereROYAL » 27 Jan 2018 17:22

Well Fulham came back and won in the end. so not such a bad day


User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 19054
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Rival Watch

by genome » 03 Feb 2018 00:03

Weekend's off to a bad start...

Bolton 1-0 Bristol City

Cracking goal though

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 21197
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 19:49
Location: A Hicks Hoof from Coley Park

Re: Rival Watch

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Feb 2018 00:11

another sleepless night ensues :roll:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1368
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: Rival Watch

by windermereROYAL » 03 Feb 2018 00:15

TBF Notlob looked really good tonight, they will still have a game in hand after tomorrow, still have a 6 point gap though because Hull dropped into the bottom 3. but they are one of the teams you wouldn't expect to stay there.

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2461
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio

Re: Rival Watch

by John Smith » 03 Feb 2018 07:44

genome wrote:Weekend's off to a bad start...

Bolton 1-0 Bristol City

Cracking goal though

Hi genome, just wondered why you found it relevant to mention the Bolton Wanderers score in our rivals thread?

They are in a relegation battle this season so won’t be anywhere near us in the table and can’t be considered rivals.

double d
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8138
Joined: 31 Jul 2006 00:08

Re: Rival Watch

by double d » 03 Feb 2018 09:20

John Smith wrote:
genome wrote:Weekend's off to a bad start...

Bolton 1-0 Bristol City

Cracking goal though

Hi genome, just wondered why you found it relevant to mention the Bolton Wanderers score in our rivals thread?

They are in a relegation battle this season so won’t be anywhere near us in the table and can’t be considered rivals.


Shut up with your delusional posting please

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 19054
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Rival Watch

by genome » 03 Feb 2018 10:33

John Smith wrote:
genome wrote:Weekend's off to a bad start...

Bolton 1-0 Bristol City

Cracking goal though

Hi genome, just wondered why you found it relevant to mention the Bolton Wanderers score in our rivals thread?

They are in a relegation battle this season so won’t be anywhere near us in the table and can’t be considered rivals.


I'll bite. They're 3 points behind us, with many points left to play for. Why are they in one and we aren't?

You were a better poster before you start trolling the boards.

User avatar
bcubed
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3742
Joined: 30 Oct 2004 18:16
Location: Would do better with a stick of rhubarb

Re: Rival Watch

by bcubed » 03 Feb 2018 11:12

John Smith wrote:
genome wrote:Weekend's off to a bad start...

Bolton 1-0 Bristol City

Cracking goal though

Hi genome, just wondered why you found it relevant to mention the Bolton Wanderers score in our rivals thread?

They are in a relegation battle this season so won’t be anywhere near us in the table and can’t be considered rivals.


:roll: :roll:

1867 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 40 guests

It is currently 16 Jul 2018 04:17