Rival Watch

17149 posts
double d

Re: Rival Watch

by double d » 03 Apr 2018 08:24

windermereROYAL I don't like how the efforts on goal include blocked shots . how the hell can that be counted? it`s so misleading. when it shows onscreen on sky it doesn`t count blocks, take away the 15 QPR had and we are down to 12 efforts on goal.

thats why it was so misleading when it said Brentford has 28 shots yesterday v Brizzle

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 03 Apr 2018 08:56

double d
windermereROYAL I don't like how the efforts on goal include blocked shots . how the hell can that be counted? it`s so misleading. when it shows onscreen on sky it doesn`t count blocks, take away the 15 QPR had and we are down to 12 efforts on goal.

thats why it was so misleading when it said Brentford has 28 shots yesterday v Brizzle

The Sky Score Centre app does at least break the shots down into blocked, on target and off target to make it a bit clearer, other outlets could do to do the same really.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Apr 2018 09:02

Snowball
paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal These the same reports that said we fluked a win?

:lol: exactly :lol:

How can you say we didn't fluke our win when we had just one shot on target
in the whole game, against the other side's 27 shots, at least five on target, at least 11 blocks?

I am THRILLED we won, but very easily we could have lost that by three goals

It's almost as if, and bear with me here, that we are a team short of confidence and the new manager focussed on making us hard to beat. We started pretty quickly and scored and then understandably withdrew a bit and tried to stay solid. I can't remember too many chances where I felt QPR should have scored and as said Mannone only had 2 real saves to make.

The stats really don't tell the story. I'm sure we've had games we've lost or drawn whilst having 20 shots but if the defense are resolute and only allowing those from 20 yards out in desperation, you would have the wrong picture of the game.

As for blocks, doesn't that simply show bad game management from QPR. Taking on a shot with a very low chance of success as there was a defender able to block it?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 03 Apr 2018 09:32

Stranded
Snowball
in the whole game, against the other side's 27 shots, at least five on target, at least 11 blocks?

It's almost as if, and bear with me here, that we are a team short of confidence and the new manager focussed on making us hard to beat. We started pretty quickly and scored and then understandably withdrew a bit and tried to stay solid. I can't remember too many chances where I felt QPR should have scored and as said Mannone only had 2 real saves to make.

The stats really don't tell the story. I'm sure we've had games we've lost or drawn whilst having 20 shots but if the defense are resolute and only allowing those from 20 yards out in desperation, you would have the wrong picture of the game.

As for blocks, doesn't that simply show bad game management from QPR. Taking on a shot with a very low chance of success as there was a defender able to block it?

Reasonable points, but some of our blocks were superb, and 1% different and each might have been a shot
on target. IMO (and yes, only an opinion) if we played the same again we'd lose by at least two goals.

We just weren't getting those blocks in before this game (big difference) so, arguably, "we were better".

I would prefer to say we were easy to cut open, time and again, but our fighting spirit
(who knew?) turned shots into blocks. I counted 11 just from our back four

QPR were and are, IMO, a very good side, better than Derby, for example, and their big win Monday suggests that.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Apr 2018 10:00

Agreed QPR are a decent side, or least a side who have come into very decent form at the tailend of the season. Perhaps tied into the fact that they have nothing to play for, giving them some freedom and a chance to build momentum for next season.

Our game being the only defeat in 6 and the first time they failed to score since the end of January. Could argue it shows the possible risks of playing teams with nothing left on their season.

Look at our next two opponents for a difference in pressure and how it can effect teams, Villa have cracked just as it looked like they could push on and challenge top 2 after the Wolves win - and have not won in 3 only scoring once in the process. Arguable that the pressure may be off them now as they are as near as certain to be in the play-offs.

Preston's response of getting into the play-off hunt is to have lost 3 of the last 4, incl. last 2. Only plus point being the almost obligatory away win at Sunderland, who had 10 men for the last half hour.

That is not to say we will get a result on the back of this but it is not a bad time to play them. If we can keep Villa quiet for a while tonight and maybe nick a goal, then the locals will get restless.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Apr 2018 10:23

Snowball
paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal These the same reports that said we fluked a win?

:lol: exactly :lol:

Have you seen the extended highlights? Of the 27 shots they include the only ones of note are Washington's glaring miss in the first half, the tip over the bar, a tame one which went wide and the penalty. The rest went out for a throw in!!

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 03 Apr 2018 10:32

CountryRoyal
paultheroyal
Royal Rother I’ve got (what now feels like) a measly 17/2 but can’t believe with our run in we are now 12/1 to go down after fluking a result against QPR, whilst other teams below us actually played really well and picked up point(s) against decent teams at the weekend.

How do you know that teams below us “actually” played well. Be interesting to know.

He doesn’t but that’s doesn’t fit his agenda.

Birmingham won by a single goal which was a penalty against a side with nothing to play for and who’s manager has already said he’s leaving.

Derby gave Sunderland at least 3 of their goals in what was one of their worst performances in recent times.

Or since we put 4 past them earlier in the season :D

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 04 Apr 2018 19:13

Not really rivals (sniff) but fcuk putting this in GF

Sean Morrison. Model pro.

https://mobile.twitter.com/shadders16/s ... 8760082432

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Apr 2018 20:12

The Reverend Not really rivals (sniff) but fcuk putting this in GF

What a tool. Derby’s team-talk done at a stroke.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Apr 2018 20:20

Zip
The Reverend Not really rivals (sniff) but fcuk putting this in GF

What a tool. Derby’s team-talk done at a stroke.

How delightful. Didn’t he get in trouble with the police whilst he was at Swindon? I’m not sure why anyone is surprised though it’s hardly like footballer’s have the biggest brains, especially Sean oxf*rd Morrison. That being said apparently it was sent in a private players WhatsApp group intended as “banter”.

The great irony here is that, apart from being a decent aerial threat at set pieces, Morrison is a distinctly avaerage centre back.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 05 Apr 2018 19:07

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43655693

Looks like Barnsley have got the right team spirit to make them safe - NOT!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Apr 2018 19:11

SWLR http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43655693

"It was a duel between two players that resulted in him breaking his finger," boss Jose Morais said.

Duel... :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Apr 2018 20:00

Nice. Heard some noise about there being unrest in the camp before their Brizzle game. Didn’t hear any details though

Rax

by Rax » 05 Apr 2018 21:40

CountryRoyal
SWLR http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43655693

"It was a duel between two players that resulted in him breaking his finger," boss Jose Morais said.

Duel... :lol:

.....dude, pull my finger!

OUCH!!!! LOL!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Apr 2018 20:37

Wrong end of the table I know, but Cardiff Wolves has been fcuking terrible. They both look dreadful.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 06 Apr 2018 20:53

Bar a couple of decent shots and that odd free kick it's like watching Reading.

I've been saying Wolves will be safe mid-table next season if they can buy their loan players but tbh they look as easy to work out as Stam was.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Apr 2018 20:58

The Reverend Bar a couple of decent shots and that odd free kick it's like watching Reading.

I've been saying Wolves will be safe mid-table next season if they can buy their loan players but tbh they look as easy to work out as Stam was.

Really? I think they look shit. And I’ve not been particularly impressed with them when I’ve seen them this season.

Cardiff look like a Warnock side. Mechanical.

It does depress me that all you need to do well in this league is be well organised, fit, have one creative midfielder, one tackler and two half decent strikers.

And Stam managed to fcuk up all of that.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Apr 2018 21:45

2 missed pens in injury time :D

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Apr 2018 21:45

That was extraordinary.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Apr 2018 21:47

leon
The Reverend Bar a couple of decent shots and that odd free kick it's like watching Reading.

Really? I think they look shit. And I’ve not been particularly impressed with them when I’ve seen them this season.

Cardiff look like a Warnock side. Mechanical.

It does depress me that all you need to do well in this league is be well organised, fit, have one creative midfielder, one tackler and two half decent strikers.

And Stam managed to fcuk up all of that.

We managed a decent season with a good keeper, 1 good CB, 1 good striker and a few midfielders flitting in and out of form at just the right time

17149 posts