Rival Watch

17149 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by CountryRoyal » 16 Sep 2017 16:35

Leeds unbeaten start comes to an end with a limp loss to Milwall. 1 (off target) shot all game. Boring Boring Leeds..etc

Bristol City dick Derby 4-1

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Sep 2017 17:17

'Arry must be getting very nervous. Ripped to shreds on the highlights

Preston look very good to me out of the dark horses. And considering they're certainly not going to be soft when it comes to the wet winter weather (i.e. Wolves and Leeds potentially), I'm expecting them to be right up there

Poor defeat for Fulham. No one really running away with things yet

Melton Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Melton, New York, Paris & Dubai - but mostly Melton and just outside the lockdown zone

by Melton Royal » 16 Sep 2017 17:41

Brizzle seem to be scoring goals for fun - except against us

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Sep 2017 18:10

Just seen the millwall vs Leeds stats. Pretty ridiculous 20 shots to 1

Got Millwall in our next away game - hopefully just a case of Leeds being rubbish

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Sep 2017 21:22

Bolton look absolutely fcuked. I know some Bolton fans and they are already throwing the towel in.

Seems Parkys good at getting promoted to the Championship but can't actually manage in the Championship.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Sep 2017 21:24

Old saggy face has left Birmingham. over rated old twat.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Sep 2017 21:30

windermereROYAL Old saggy face has left Birmingham. over rated old twat.

Yeah I liked the bit where he said a few weeks ago that he needed an entirely new team. A great manager. He's a fraud that spends other people's money and pockets a load of it. (Allegedly)

What a cnut.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Sep 2017 21:46

leon Bolton look absolutely fcuked. I know some Bolton fans and they are already throwing the towel in.

Seems Parkys good at getting promoted to the Championship but can't actually manage in the Championship.

Tbf aren't they under some transfer embargo - whole team built on a pittance?

But yeah they are down already. No sympathy for 'arry - Brum owners covering themselves in glory again with that appointment

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Sep 2017 00:38

Hound
leon Bolton look absolutely fcuked. I know some Bolton fans and they are already throwing the towel in.

Tbf aren't they under some transfer embargo - whole team built on a pittance?

But yeah they are down already. No sympathy for 'arry - Brum owners covering themselves in glory again with that appointment

He's got a reputation formed by buying players the owners can't afford.

He actually can't manage.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 17 Sep 2017 02:15

Harry Redknapp is a joke but the bigger joke is Birmingham city. Once again going for a big name rather than someone actually capable of managing their team.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Sep 2017 09:50

Birmingham's form in all comps since sacking Rowett (when they were 7th)

P37 W6 D9 L22

:lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Sep 2017 11:44

Think is, 'Arry built a reputation as a decent manager doing well on a shoestring at Bournemouth. Obviously that reputation has been subsequently been tarnished by Used Car Salesman 'Arry but I honestly think it's more a case of being yesterday's man. Footballs moved on from the days I of 5 pints, fish & chips on the coach home and insults as motivation. His generation of managers have all called it a day.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Sep 2017 11:47

From Despair To Where? Think is, 'Arry built a reputation as a decent manager doing well on a shoestring at Bournemouth. Obviously that reputation has been subsequently been tarnished by Used Car Salesman 'Arry but I honestly think it's more a case of being yesterday's man. His generation of managers have all called it a day.

Didn't Bournemouth go into almost immediate financial difficulties after he left, just like every club he's managed for any length of time except Spurs.

Their budget may have been small, but he still bought success with money they didn't have.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Sep 2017 14:21

Don't get me wrong, I'm not he last person to defend Redknapp but most small clubs of their stature were struggling financially in the late 80's and early 90's. I don't see Bournemouth's financial struggles at that time being particularly severe or out of context with the most of the football league. You just have to compare with us over a similar period. Certainly what they are doing now is more of a financial gamble than anything they did under Redknapp.

Their real financial struggles seemed to coincide with rebuilding Dean Court whilst simultaneously sliding down the league whilst under the stewardship of done really crap owners.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Sep 2017 19:23

From Despair To Where? Don't get me wrong, I'm not he last person to defend Redknapp but most small clubs of their stature were struggling financially in the late 80's and early 90's. I don't see Bournemouth's financial struggles at that time being particularly severe or out of context with the most of the football league. You just have to compare with us over a similar period. Certainly what they are doing now is more of a financial gamble than anything they did under Redknapp.

Their real financial struggles seemed to coincide with rebuilding Dean Court whilst simultaneously sliding down the league whilst under the stewardship of done really crap owners.

hmmm, most clubs he's manged end up finacially fcuked.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Sep 2017 20:30

bobby1413 Harry Redknapp is a joke but the bigger joke is Birmingham city. Once again going for a big name rather than someone actually capable of managing their team.

It's actually completely mental sacking him 2 weeks after he signed a stack of players. Not that should have appointed him in the first place

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Sep 2017 13:56

leon

Yeah I liked the bit where he said a few weeks ago that he needed an entirely new team. A great manager. He's a fraud that spends other people's money and pockets a load of it. (Allegedly)

What a cnut.

Some exceptional posting here, both. Well done

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Sep 2017 14:16

John Smith
leon

What a cnut.

Sorry John if my robust opinion upset you.

Clearly you have a different view of HRs abilities.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 18 Sep 2017 14:34

leon
John Smith
leon

What a cnut.

Dunno but I was taking that as well deserved praise for your exceptionally accurate depictions of 'Arry..... IMO he'd make a spiral staircase look straight - which is objectionable enough on its own, but I'd maybe tolerate that if he showed even the slightest degree of competence.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Sep 2017 15:06

muirinho
leon
John Smith Some exceptional posting here, both. Well done

Dunno but I was taking that as well deserved praise for your exceptionally accurate depictions of 'Arry..... IMO he'd make a spiral staircase look straight - which is objectionable enough on its own, but I'd maybe tolerate that if he showed even the slightest degree of competence.

Hi leon, there was no sarcasm involved - as muirinho says it was genuine praise for what I thought was a post I fully agreed with. Cheers

17149 posts