Rival Watch

550 posts
Royal_jimmy
Member
Posts: 575
Joined: 10 Aug 2011 10:44
Location: Y26

Re: Rival Watch

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Mar 2017 16:00

I'd really like to see Huddersfield do it as well. They'd be a breath of fresh air to the premier league. Brighton are a boring club, they think they're massive when they're actually even more tinpot than we are. Soon as they built their lego bowl people swarm. Without their prima donna ground they'd be in league one still!

I think a win against Leeds will all but seal a playoff place as we would be on 70 points. Sheffield Wednesday play Fulham and both can't win that one.

We should be capable of taking 5 points from Rotherham, Blackburn and Wigan at home (reckon we will get 7) meaning we can afford to lose all of Villa, Norwich, Burton and Forest away though I think we will win one of those.

77 points will definitely be enough in my opinion this year.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3527
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: Rival Watch

by CountryRoyal » 19 Mar 2017 17:18

As much as it pains me to say it though Brighton probably deserve a shot at the premier league, they're basically us 12 years ago with a bigger stadium.

I don't want them to go up though.

User avatar
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2482
Joined: 15 Jun 2012 15:24

Re: Rival Watch

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Mar 2017 17:26

CountryRoyal wrote:As much as it pains me to say it though Brighton probably deserve a shot at the premier league, they're basically us 12 years ago with a bigger stadium.

I don't want them to go up though.

Ban this filth!

:wink:

User avatar
Ascotexgunner
Member
Posts: 918
Joined: 07 Jan 2012 17:23
Location: Ascot

Re: Rival Watch

by Ascotexgunner » 19 Mar 2017 18:53

Royal_jimmy wrote:I'd really like to see Huddersfield do it as well. They'd be a breath of fresh air to the premier league. Brighton are a boring club, they think they're massive when they're actually even more tinpot than we are. Soon as they built their lego bowl people swarm. Without their prima donna ground they'd be in league one still!

I think a win against Leeds will all but seal a playoff place as we would be on 70 points. Sheffield Wednesday play Fulham and both can't win that one.

We should be capable of taking 5 points from Rotherham, Blackburn and Wigan at home (reckon we will get 7) meaning we can afford to lose all of Villa, Norwich, Burton and Forest away though I think we will win one of those.

77 points will definitely be enough in my opinion this year.


Brighton have played some decent stuff this season but if the go up you just know they won't play that way.....You just know they'll become more defensive if they go up. Huddersfield on the other hand I can see giving it a real go. Would love em to go up.

User avatar
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 44836
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 13:43
Location: Playing spot the pc*nt on HNA?

Re: Rival Watch

by Ian Royal » 19 Mar 2017 20:36

CountryRoyal wrote:As much as it pains me to say it though Brighton probably deserve a shot at the premier league, they're basically us 12 years ago with a bigger stadium.

I don't want them to go up though.

Certainly are. I like to think we managed ourselves with greater humility, despite smashing the entire league (except Leeds, who we could only manage 2 draws with if memory serves me correct).


User avatar
WAZZOCK
Member
Posts: 437
Joined: 11 Apr 2006 23:09

Re: Rival Watch

by WAZZOCK » 19 Mar 2017 20:39

Leeds and Watofrd were the only two we didn't beat.

User avatar
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 44836
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 13:43
Location: Playing spot the pc*nt on HNA?

Re: Rival Watch

by Ian Royal » 20 Mar 2017 08:35

WAZZOCK wrote:Leeds and Watofrd were the only two we didn't beat.

Ah yes, back in the day when every game against watford was a tedious draw.

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11687
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Rival Watch

by genome » 20 Mar 2017 10:24

Ian Royal wrote:
WAZZOCK wrote:Leeds and Watofrd were the only two we didn't beat.

Ah yes, back in the day when every game against watford was a tedious draw.


Between 2005 and 2011 six out of ten fixtures with them ended 0-0 or 1-1. :shock:

Must've blocked that out of my memory.

marlowuk
Member
Posts: 642
Joined: 18 Aug 2012 16:25

Re: Rival Watch

by marlowuk » 20 Mar 2017 12:01

Ian Royal wrote:
WAZZOCK wrote:Leeds and Watofrd were the only two we didn't beat.

Ah yes, back in the day when every game against watford was a tedious draw.

To be fair, there was that 2-2 draw in 2008 featuring our 'phantom goal' which broke up the tedium with a great dollop of controversy!!


Mid Sussex Royal
Member
Posts: 906
Joined: 02 Nov 2008 18:56

Re: Rival Watch

by Mid Sussex Royal » 20 Mar 2017 20:57

Ascotexgunner wrote:
Royal_jimmy wrote:I'd really like to see Huddersfield do it as well. They'd be a breath of fresh air to the premier league. Brighton are a boring club, they think they're massive when they're actually even more tinpot than we are. Soon as they built their lego bowl people swarm. Without their prima donna ground they'd be in league one still!

I think a win against Leeds will all but seal a playoff place as we would be on 70 points. Sheffield Wednesday play Fulham and both can't win that one.

We should be capable of taking 5 points from Rotherham, Blackburn and Wigan at home (reckon we will get 7) meaning we can afford to lose all of Villa, Norwich, Burton and Forest away though I think we will win one of those.

77 points will definitely be enough in my opinion this year.


Brighton have played some decent stuff this season but if the go up you just know they won't play that way.....You just know they'll become more defensive if they go up. Huddersfield on the other hand I can see giving it a real go. Would love em to go up.


Hughton is naturally defensive and he has already reverted to type away from home since xmas - resulting in poor away form. The locals down here are not happy about this. I can see Brighton being like Middlesboro next season; exactly how Hughton was at Norwich.

550 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CrowthorneRoyal, rocketredroyal, Toon Toon Blue army and 28 guests

It is currently 28 Mar 2017 14:38