Rival Watch

17149 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Apr 2019 09:37

I quite like Norwich. Particularly when Ricky van Dogsdick played for them.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 24 Apr 2019 09:57

Same here ... have no problem with Norwich. Have a slight dislike for Sheffield United as they are forever tainted by the days of Colin.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Apr 2019 10:26

I like Sheffield United. They play good football under an English manager and every single player in their squad is British or Irish.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 24 Apr 2019 10:50

I meant to mention when looking at the lineups on Monday every player in WBA's starting XI was English apart from Hal, which you can't see very often. Had no idea Sheff u were similarly old fashioned

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Apr 2019 10:51

And Hal is only welsh via a grandparent. Born and lived in centre of London I believe

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 24 Apr 2019 11:04

From Despair To Where? I like Sheffield United. They play good football under an English manager and every single player in their squad is British or Irish.

Yes. Class.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Apr 2019 11:06

Norwich always seem to have nice kits so they are more appealing on the eye for me.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 24 Apr 2019 11:15

Hendo Norwich always seem to have nice kits so they are more appealing on the eye for me.

Of all the reasons to support a team, that's very low down on my list. But each to their own.

Having sustained a prolonged and probably irrational loathing of Colin over many years, any club who has ever employed him in the last 20 years is on my hate list. God knows what I'd do if he ever rocked up at the Mad Stad. So that knocks out both Sheffield United and Leeds.
Last edited by muirinho on 24 Apr 2019 11:17, edited 1 time in total.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Apr 2019 11:16

muirinho
Hendo Norwich always seem to have nice kits so they are more appealing on the eye for me.

Of all the reasons to support a team, that's very low down on my list. But each to their own.

Having a sustained a prolonged and probably irrational loathing of Colin over many years, any club who has ever employed him in the last 20 years is on my hate list. God knows what I'd do if he ever rocked up at the Mad Stad. So that knocks out both Sheffield United and Leeds.

I'm a bit of a kit nerd so its high up on my list :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Apr 2019 20:10

Hendo
muirinho

Having a sustained a prolonged and probably irrational loathing of Colin over many years, any club who has ever employed him in the last 20 years is on my hate list. God knows what I'd do if he ever rocked up at the Mad Stad. So that knocks out both Sheffield United and Leeds.

I'm a bit of a kit nerd so its high up on my list :D

That's how I picked teams to support when I was at Primary school. :D

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Apr 2019 19:38

Fair play to both Norwich and Sheff Utd

Two of the more likeable promoted teams of recent times?

Or maybe that’s just relative to the teams just behind them...

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Apr 2019 19:46

muirinho

Having sustained a prolonged and probably irrational loathing of Colin over many years, any club who has ever employed him in the last 20 years is on my hate list. God knows what I'd do if he ever rocked up at the Mad Stad. So that knocks out both Sheffield United and Leeds.

With you on that.
We’d never employ him, he’d never accept a job with us but I would find it very difficult to go to games if he was managing Reading. Even if he was getting us promoted again.

Jinx

by Jinx » 27 Apr 2019 20:49

It's West Brom all the way in the play-offs for me. Can't stand Leeds or Villa and imagine the fawning oxf*rd if "Frank Lampard's Derby" win it

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Apr 2019 20:54

Jinx It's West Brom all the way in the play-offs for me. Can't stand Leeds or Villa and imagine the fawning oxf*rd if "Frank Lampard's Derby" win it

They are certainly the least offensive team in the play-offs.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Apr 2019 20:55

tidus_mi2
Jinx It's West Brom all the way in the play-offs for me. Can't stand Leeds or Villa and imagine the fawning oxf*rd if "Frank Lampard's Derby" win it

I'm with you. West Brom up hopefully. Shame they sacked their manager.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Apr 2019 21:03

Agree, though think villa will do it

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Apr 2019 22:05

NewCorkSeth
tidus_mi2

Agreed. Every other team has at least one loathsome element to them.

Villa for example, not only have some of the most cnutish, entitled fans in England, they have that ghastly pinched faced racist as an assistant manager.

elrey

by elrey » 28 Apr 2019 05:34

leon
NewCorkSeth
tidus_mi2 They are certainly the least offensive team in the play-offs.

Villa for example, not only have some of the most cnutish, entitled fans in England, they have that ghastly pinched faced racist as an assistant manager.

Imagine what it was like growing up in Warwickshire with Villa fans being in the majority. Generally those that went on to be criminals or low paid muppets were the villa fans.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Apr 2019 06:58

elrey
leon
NewCorkSeth I'm with you. West Brom up hopefully. Shame they sacked their manager.

Imagine what it was like growing up in Warwickshire with Villa fans being in the majority. Generally those that went on to be criminals or low paid muppets were the villa fans.

What on earth didn’t the Birmingham fans go on to become then ? Politicians ?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Apr 2019 08:45

I always assumed Villa were the choice of the glory hunting armchair Brummie on account of winning something about 40 years ago.

+1 for the WBA appreciation. The only one of the 4 who aren't completely detestable, although it's only really Leeds that I want to see fcuk it up.

17149 posts