Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Rival Watch

by Platypuss » 22 May 2018 21:12

Double d v2
Snowflake Royal
Hitchytwo
Barrow was one of the best players last year, If not the best. He was the top scorer which is an achievement no matter which team you play for. Yes he was poor occasionally but I don't think there is a single player in that squad that had a good game every time they played. Even Moore had a shocker from time to time.

To say that he doesn't graft confuses me. what do you mean by this? I feel that for a winger that's not your job to put in big tackles, defensively you just have to cover the full back behind you. his style is that he will keep running down the wing at full tilt whenever he has the ball to try and create a chance. Definitely not the finished product but talented enough to stand out as one of the most entertaining players last season. But agreed about Aluko and Swift. I would personally take a tenner for Aluko atm. Not worth the extortionate wages he's on. Swift however has proved that he can play well for a season so we have to hold on to him.

Being top scorer is only an achievement if scoring that number of goals is impressive.

As a winger, largely you do only have to cover your fullback, which is why it's so frustrating he barely bothered at all. There were games where he almost literally had to be dragged into position for opposition goalkicks.

Talented player. Rightly PotS. Most dangerous we had, absolutely. Worth keeping, certainly.

Would we be better off cashing in for big money and buying someone who can actually track back, plus one or two others? You betya.

Do you ever know what the l
Pfuck you talk about? Are you a complete and utter moron (rhetorical question. Yes you are) Have you ever seen or been to a football game before? Do you actually play football? Do you know anything about the sport?

"As a winger, largely you do only have to cover your fullback"

What a load of shite!!!! :lol:

This is why you get banned. Wind it in.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 23 May 2018 12:36

Platypuss
Double d v2
Snowflake Royal Being top scorer is only an achievement if scoring that number of goals is impressive.

As a winger, largely you do only have to cover your fullback, which is why it's so frustrating he barely bothered at all. There were games where he almost literally had to be dragged into position for opposition goalkicks.

Talented player. Rightly PotS. Most dangerous we had, absolutely. Worth keeping, certainly.

Would we be better off cashing in for big money and buying someone who can actually track back, plus one or two others? You betya.

Pfuck you talk about? Are you a complete and utter moron (rhetorical question. Yes you are) Have you ever seen or been to a football game before? Do you actually play football? Do you know anything about the sport?

This is why you get banned. Wind it in.

Can we not block his IP? might stop him doing his Boomerang impression for a bit...

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 29 May 2018 15:13

Double d v2

Hobnob tick tock

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 May 2018 15:36

Double d, why do you insist on posting like a 12 year old who's balls have just dropped?

Do yourself and everyone a favour and grow up.

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 29 May 2018 15:42

LWJ
Double d v2

Hobnob tick tock

Honestly you lot are a really sad bunch.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 May 2018 17:58

This isn't your private playgound kid. :arrow:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 May 2018 23:53

Hi Kes.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 30 May 2018 07:47

Ralph Talk of Villa being in financial trouble next season.

No great surprises there - I read an article about how Bruce when he joined hadn't realised the financial difficulties they were in (with FFP in particular) with lots of money having been wasted on useless players (including Tshibola). And he still managed somehow to spend lots of money - so I'm not surprised that this season they'll have to sell before they can buy.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 31 May 2018 09:42

I can't see the appointment of Frank Lampard going well for Derby - they have very demanding fans ... and will not respond well to failure or be patient.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 May 2018 10:22

I know a few Derby fans and that doesn't describe them at all. They're just sick of big money being invested poorly.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 May 2018 10:56

I’m sure he’ll probably do the same as every other manager at Derby in recent memory has done. Ie start averagely, look great for 15 matches, lose form and then bottle either making the play offs, or the play offs themselves

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 31 May 2018 11:41

From Despair To Where? I know a few Derby fans and that doesn't describe them at all. They're just sick of big money being invested poorly.

I know a few very nice Derby fans ... but I based it on my reading of their fans forum. And these guys are even more miserable than we are.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 31 May 2018 12:47

Royalwaster
From Despair To Where? I know a few Derby fans and that doesn't describe them at all. They're just sick of big money being invested poorly.

I know a few very nice Derby fans ... but I based it on my reading of their fans forum. And these guys are even more miserable than we are.

They're all tossers. I'll never forget their reaction after we were relegated there. oxf*rd them and their shit club with vastly inflated opinions of themselves and the city itself for that matter.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 31 May 2018 21:26

Royalwaster I can't see the appointment of Frank Lampard going well for Derby - they have very demanding fans ... and will not respond well to failure or be patient.

After our Stam experience. I just cannot see this going well. Great players rarely make great managers.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Jun 2018 13:29

LOLeeds sack their manager again

Went well that...

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 01 Jun 2018 13:36

If Swansea get Graham Potter I'll be highly jealous. Thought he was perfect for us and just what we were looking for.
I'll lump a load of dosh they'll go back up with him in charge. He's a good fit for that club.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 01 Jun 2018 13:46

Ascotexgunner If Swansea get Graham Potter I'll be highly jealous. Thought he was perfect for us and just what we were looking for.
I'll lump a load of dosh they'll go back up with him in charge. He's a good fit for that club.

They won't. Save your money.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Jun 2018 16:54

Ascotexgunner If Swansea get Graham Potter I'll be highly jealous. Thought he was perfect for us and just what we were looking for.

Based on what...?

17149 posts