Maybe they'll get a 40-point deduction, and we'll be saved

ho ho

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jan 2019 10:55

Snowball Maybe they'll get a 40-point deduction, and we'll be saved

ho ho

Max appears to be ~21 points from the article I just read.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Jan 2019 14:43

tidus_mi2
leon
tidus_mi2 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46765090

Chinese-owned Blues lost £37.5m in the 12 months to the end of June 2018, over double the previous year's deficit, largely as a result of an increased wage bill from £22m to almost £38m.

And what?

What do you want? I posted the key point, read the whole article yourself if you want, long story short, Brum's finances are an absolute shit show.

Right I see.

I was hoping for a gif of a baby hedgehog on a skateboard or something.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 05 Jan 2019 14:50

Snowflake Royal

ho ho

't'were joke, Ian

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jan 2019 17:49

Snowball
Snowflake Royal

ho ho

't'were joke, Ian

Obviously I thought it was interesting though... higher than I expected and enough to save us potentially.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Jan 2019 13:45

Leeds have been busted spying on Derby's training. Sure they'll get away with a tap on the wrist, but that's just blatant cheating isn't it?!

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 11 Jan 2019 15:27

Pepe the Horseman Leeds have been busted spying on Derby's training. Sure they'll get away with a tap on the wrist, but that's just blatant cheating isn't it?!

I often feel Leeds have it tough as nearly everyone has it in for them, but the more I read into this the worse it looks for them. I agree that if found guilty this is blatant cheating and has no place in the English game! The consequences should be severe!

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 11 Jan 2019 15:52

Rea Ding
Pepe the Horseman Leeds have been busted spying on Derby's training. Sure they'll get away with a tap on the wrist, but that's just blatant cheating isn't it?!

I often feel Leeds have it tough as nearly everyone has it in for them, but the more I read into this the worse it looks for them. I agree that if found guilty this is blatant cheating and has no place in the English game! The consequences should be severe!

Looks like they have been reported but EFL has said to sort it out themselves, unitl an official complaint is made, according to the beeb. Unless the guy rolls over and shows them that he had been directly sent by clubs management, doubt anything will come from this except red faces at Leeds for attempted cheating.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 11 Jan 2019 15:54

just don't see the point.

"some of them are wearing red bibs and kicking the ball in the net, and some of them are in yellow bibs and are trying to stop them, and there are some goal keepers doing their own thing on the other pitch."

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Jan 2019 16:03

Maneki Neko

"some of them are wearing red bibs and kicking the ball in the net, and some of them are in yellow bibs and are trying to stop them, and there are some goal keepers doing their own thing on the other pitch."

well, think they'd prob set up in training as they would in a game - ie playing a bit of 11 aside in the preferred system

but yep, not sure it'd be massively useful

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Jan 2019 16:04

Maneki Neko

Guess they might have the starters all in the same bibs, otherwise agreed. Seems like a lot of effort to go to for not much gain.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 11 Jan 2019 16:19

Pardew used to hate Nobbers watching the training when it was at Sonning; he felt people watching then going on here to say "The team are going to play 442, with Viveash at the back" was giving the opposition an advantage.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 Jan 2019 16:25

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Formula_One_espionage_controversy

The 2007 Formula One espionage controversy, also known as Spygate and Stepneygate, was a set of accusations among Formula One racing teams that confidential technical information was passed between them. It involved the McLaren team, the Ferrari team, and the Renault F1 team.

The original case involved allegations made by the Ferrari Formula One team against a former employee (Nigel Stepney), a senior McLaren engineer, Mike Coughlan, and his wife Trudy Coughlan concerning the theft of technical information.

These allegations were the subject of legal action in Italy and an FIA investigation. A High Court case in England was dropped after Ferrari reached an agreement with the Coughlans.

An FIA hearing into the matter took place on 26 July 2007 but did not result in any penalty for McLaren, however a second hearing took place on 13 September 2007, and by then in receipt of compelling evidence resulted in several penalties for the team. The most important of these were the team's exclusion from the 2007 Constructors' Championship and a record-breaking fine of $100 million (USD).

:? :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jan 2019 17:16

It's going to be about getting an edge on shape and set piece routines isn't it. Plus maybe a bit of sledging ammunition.

Bet it goes on all the time.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Jan 2019 02:31

Snowflake Royal It's going to be about getting an edge on shape and set piece routines isn't it. Plus maybe a bit of sledging ammunition.

Bet it goes on all the time.

Thanks for that insight.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jan 2019 09:56

throughly bemused by the amount of airtime (inc BBC national news blowing smoke up his backside) Biesla is getting over presenting some info which may as well have been copied and pasted from whoscored.com

As Lampard said, same as every other team does, they don't just make a big play about it in a press conf

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Jan 2019 09:57

Mr Angry Pardew used to hate Nobbers watching the training when it was at Sonning; he felt people watching then going on here to say "The team are going to play 442, with Viveash at the back" was giving the opposition an advantage.

Playing Viveash was the real advantage for our opposition.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Jan 2019 22:06

Bolton looking nailed on relegation candidates against a fairly ordinary West Brom.

In fact I’d say that this season the whole division has been ordinary.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jan 2019 22:08

Yeah been a crap game, very dull.

Bolton try hard but no quality. They really should go

Had a quick check on Rotherham’s fixtures - they are brutal after Feb.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 21 Jan 2019 22:48

Bolton are awful, Ipswich gone that means I reckon we may get another undeserved climb to safety. The teams at the bottom really are terrible, we are rubbish but will finish above Wigan or Rotherham or both.

17149 posts