Rival Watch

17149 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Rival Watch

by RoyalBlue » 29 Apr 2017 20:18

Those who were moaning about our performance today and the nervy way that we got over the playoff line would do well to look at how the other teams at the top did today.

Those quaking with fear at the prospect of Fulham, 'who are on such a tremendous run of form' should look at the form of us and them over the past 10 games - we edge it!

The ability to'Win ugly' is the hallmark of top teams. We keep grinding out the results when required, even if it isn't pretty.

When it comes to the playoffs, the people most likely to crack and let our club down with nerves and lack of belief are our fans.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 29 Apr 2017 21:08

lols at being scared by FuLOLham

you fcuking bedwetting pansies!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Apr 2017 23:39

Mid Sussex Royal I can see Fulham playing a reserve side next week as they have finished 6th so nothing riding on it at all for them.

Hudds and Wed will prob want to finish 4th so will field stronger sides.

Don't think we will win next week - Stam's post match comments suggest he's going to rest players next week.

I don't think we will end up with Fulham unless we get to the final.

Both Fulham and Wednesday will want to win because it'll be a psychological blow to the loser and a morale boost to the winner should they meet in the play offs

I'd like to see Watson and maybe some of Jaakkola, Ilori, Meite, Popa, McShane, Evans and co get a run out either for extra experience at no cost or to run up a bit of match fitness for the job to come.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 30 Apr 2017 08:11

Plus point to playing Fulham is it is a local game and because they are even worse at selling tickets we would get the whole of the Cottaging end probably including their Plastics section. Get McShane back and shake up the tactics and park the bus in the away end. They are not Brazil FFS.

Similarly Sheffield Weds and Huddersfield, just don't play so open in the away leg and we are capable of beating anyone at home if we are on it.

Should we make it I am happy to face any of them in a one off final, no preference really on that front.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 30 Apr 2017 10:29

Ian Royal Both Fulham and Wednesday will want to win because it'll be a psychological blow to the loser and a morale boost to the winner should they meet in the play offs.

They'll want to win, but they will go out knowing they don't need to win. Psychologically the players won't want to risk being injured or suspended so I can't see them being at their usual intensity now they know LOLeeds are out of it. It will be more akin to a pre-season friendly..

I'm sure Hudds wanted to win v Birmingham too, but ultimately the management and players just didn't care enough about the result.

Half Biscuit

by Half Biscuit » 30 Apr 2017 11:46

Platypuss
Ian Royal Both Fulham and Wednesday will want to win because it'll be a psychological blow to the loser and a morale boost to the winner should they meet in the play offs.

They'll want to win, but they will go out knowing they don't need to win. Psychologically the players won't want to risk being injured or suspended so I can't see them being at their usual intensity now they know LOLeeds are out of it. It will be more akin to a pre-season friendly..

I'm sure Hudds wanted to win v Birmingham too, but ultimately the management and players just didn't care enough about the result.

Agreed. Both Fulham and Wednesday will put out weakened sides (as will Reading and Huddersfield).
Should they meet in the playoffs, it will be completely different teams and a completely different game.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Apr 2017 14:51

Platypuss

The point being teams don't set out to lose. And the Championship is so unpredictable the bottom teams can pick up unexpected results against the top teams, as they have on occasion all season.

Birmingham got shot of Zola and there was always a gdecent chance they'd improve given where they were before him.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Apr 2017 19:43

Convinced everyone will be jostling for position... sure no one will want Fulham however everyone will want Reading.

We won't win at Burton, not with the kids etc being put out... then depends whether Huddersfield can be bothered to play out a win against Cardiff. Wednesday / Fulham game is a gentlemans agreemnt for a draw.

Prediction is we will finish 4th and play Sheffield and Huddersfield take Fulham.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 01 May 2017 19:08

Interesting article on Sky website today re EFL reviewing Huddersfield making 10 changes against Brum.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... birmingham

If they are fined it could affect a few team selections at the weekend.

Redknapp conveniently didn't mention that after the game but did have a good moan about Villa losing to Blackburn - hope they go do down more than anyone - fat-faced bloated overrated has-been.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 01 May 2017 19:20

paultheroyal no one will want Fulham however everyone will want Reading.

Wednesday are 6 wins on the trot at the moment. Hardly a tap in

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 May 2017 20:10

harry
paultheroyal no one will want Fulham however everyone will want Reading.

Wednesday are 6 wins on the trot at the moment. Hardly a tap in

So everyone will want Reading then! Glad we cleared that one up!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 May 2017 20:29

Being as Hudds have also been smashed by Fulham (twice) and Weds doubled them as well - whilst we doubled Weds quite comfortably - I doubt they 'all want Reading' to be honest

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 01 May 2017 20:31

Ten changes by Wagner for Huddersfield? Some rotation! :lol:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 May 2017 22:04

Interestingly we lead the way in results against each other this season:

Reading 4 0 2 12
Fulham 3 1 1 10
Sheff Wed 2 1 2 7
Huddersfield 1 0 5 3

With the only game remaining being Sheffield Wednesday vs Fulham

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 May 2017 00:03

tidus_mi2 Interestingly we lead the way in results against each other this season:

Reading 4 0 2 12
Fulham 3 1 1 10
Sheff Wed 2 1 2 7
Huddersfield 1 0 5 3

With the only game remaining being Sheffield Wednesday vs Fulham

The only ones to defeat Fulham and Wednesday.

:o

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 May 2017 08:46

Just bought a new 60" TV to watch the Championship playoffs but it came with no leeds

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 May 2017 08:48

genome Just bought a new 60" TV to watch the Championship playoffs but it came with no leeds

I'd take it back and complain.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 May 2017 09:36

Our play-off rivals all see us as the weakest team, the bookies don't give us a chance, come on, it's got to be our year in that case.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 May 2017 09:40

Sutekh
genome Just bought a new 60" TV to watch the Championship playoffs but it came with no leeds

I'd take it back and complain.

In Yorkshire they would still stick it on the wall, sit and stare at it for 90 minutes at match time but constantly talk about how great their TV was in 1975.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 May 2017 17:18

Further cementing my view that I hate Sheffield Wednesday.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/ ... -promoted/

When Sheffield Wednesday get promoted and we gain back our rightful place in the Premiership how will YOU celebrate and how long will the party go on for?

I couldn't think of a greater joy than beating them at Wembley.

17149 posts