Did Jaap win manager of the month?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Did Jaap win manager of the month?

by Maneki Neko » 17 Mar 2017 09:51

CountryRoyal
percy_freeman Yes. Looks like his dream, to build a football team , without any money so hes doing it all for free.... you all know the rest. Would like to see a Rackells, Grabban combo....We're Reading FC, we're on our way back.

Just a note on that song, don't get me wrong, I'm in favour of anything that gets the crowd going a bit and it's nice that lots of people know it and get involved but it just seems a tad illogical. Sheffield Wednesday are a big club who have spent most of their history in the top tier of English football. I know we've been there, but 3 seasons hardly constitutes an established place of being warranting of justifying being "on our way back" to.

I just feel it would make more sense for us to sing it if we were in a relegation battle and likely to go down.

nothing mentioned about established, just states we want to return to somewhere weve been before, shirley

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Mar 2017 09:56

Yeah, basically.

That part of the chant doesn't bother me, it's the "had to sign them for free" bit, which is rather devalued considering we spent millions on Ilori...

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 17 Mar 2017 11:45

A back four of Gunter-Moore-Ilori-Blackett cost us about £10m.

We also paid for Beerens and Harriott and there will be quite a bit of compensation for Swift. Popa was also a paid transfer.

Actual free transfers last summer: Gravenberch, Jaakola, Mendes, Wieser, and maybe Meite. Not exactly "building a football team".

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Mar 2017 12:16

genome Yeah, basically.

That part of the chant doesn't bother me, it's the "had to sign them for free" bit, which is rather devalued considering we spent millions on Ilori...

5 months after the start of the chant though. Think it was Cardiff away where it got its first outing.

But yeah obviously it's not that accurate I mean Rakels isn't really in attack anyway is he. I wouldn't read too much into the accuracy of chants though, as despite what Brendy might think we're not actually by far the best team the world has ever seen and McCleary doesn't, in fact, make messi look shite.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Mar 2017 13:08

Fair points :lol:

The Informant

by The Informant » 17 Mar 2017 17:44

And none of our shirter fans would have the balls to stab Swindon.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 26 Mar 2017 20:51

If you even think any of us would like to stab Swindon, you are wrong. Aldershot however would be a whole different matter.....