Match Thread - Huddersfield Vs Reading - Sponsored By A Right Stuffing

267 posts

Re: Match Thread - Huddersfield Vs Reading - Sponsored By A Right Stuffing

by 61653 » 21 Feb 2017 23:49

Huddersfield fan here...
Just thought I'd commend you on giving us much more of a game than with Leeds or Brighton did- and if you could do us a favour by beating the seagulls it'll be much appreciated. Felt we deserved our win today but only just- you're a better footballing side than both Sheffield Wednesday and our noisy neighbours from up the A62. I've been impressed all season with how Stam has you playing, and how he conducts himself in interviews. Second only to Sir David Wagner for the boss of the year title.

I'd also like to give a special mention to Ali Al-Habsi for how he came out to check on Wells when he pulled up late on. Always admired his abilities as a shot stopper, not that Van La Parra's powder puff penalty asked too many questions of him! He showed himself to be a great sportsman and a gentleman tonight, so well played to him, he's a credit to his profession.

Good luck for the rest of the season, especially against Brighton and Newcastle of course!

Davezk

by Davezk » 22 Feb 2017 09:29

genome Some decent comments on us by Huddersfield fans on their forums and on Twitter.

At least some Yorkshire clubs can stay gracious in victory.

There's a thread for posting what they've said so please share :|

Kuhl_Runnings

by Kuhl_Runnings » 22 Feb 2017 09:46

61653 Huddersfield fan here...
Just thought I'd commend you on giving us much more of a game than with Leeds or Brighton did- and if you could do us a favour by beating the seagulls it'll be much appreciated. Felt we deserved our win today but only just- you're a better footballing side than both Sheffield Wednesday and our noisy neighbours from up the A62. I've been impressed all season with how Stam has you playing, and how he conducts himself in interviews. Second only to Sir David Wagner for the boss of the year title.

I'd also like to give a special mention to Ali Al-Habsi for how he came out to check on Wells when he pulled up late on. Always admired his abilities as a shot stopper, not that Van La Parra's powder puff penalty asked too many questions of him! He showed himself to be a great sportsman and a gentleman tonight, so well played to him, he's a credit to his profession.

Good luck for the rest of the season, especially against Brighton and Newcastle of course!

Thanks mate, would love you to nick a top 2 spot

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Feb 2017 09:55

thanks for the comments. Majority of RFC fans I'm sure would love to see Huddersfield grab one of the top 2 spots, now we are seemingly out of that particular race.

Looks like Jaap learnt a few lessons from games earlier in the season when we crumbled and got his tactics right. Shame we couldn't hold on for the point.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Feb 2017 09:56

Davezk
genome Some decent comments on us by Huddersfield fans on their forums and on Twitter.

At least some Yorkshire clubs can stay gracious in victory.

There's a thread for posting what they've said so please share :|

Do it yourself you lazy git

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Feb 2017 10:04

Honestly, if I had to pick a side out of the current pack to go up besides ourselves to go up it would definitely be Huddersfield, they have pleasant fans with realistic expectations, Wagner has them playing very good football and they'd be a new face in the Premier League at the expense of so called bigger clubs.

Newcastle are alright, can't really say I've ever had a reason to dislike them and arguably you'd probably want to get them out of the division asap as they are a massive fish in a small pond really.

Brighton we all know about, self-entitled fans who believe they are owed Premier League football, it's a shame because Chris Houghton seems a decent bloke too.

Leeds and Wednesday fall under the category of fallen giants who still think they're massive and they belong in the Premier League, Leeds fans to their credit don't seem too bad but I can't forgive them after the Karacan incident.

So in my ideal World, the promoted three would be in no order: Newcastle, Huddersfield, Reading

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 22 Feb 2017 10:08

Banging atmosphere last night. Hope Huddersfield can get into the top two. Wish them well.

267 posts