Re: Match Thread - Huddersfield Vs Reading - Sponsored By A Right Stuffing

by SCIAG » 20 Feb 2017 14:54

Has anyone seen taipeiroyal recently?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 20 Feb 2017 15:10

Good luck Jaap Stam and the boys.

This is a massive week for Reading FC and our push for promotion to the Premier League! May the force be with you. We're behind you all the way!

The Informant

by The Informant » 20 Feb 2017 15:19

Top Flight Good luck Jaap Stam and the boys.

This is a massive week for Reading FC and our push for promotion to the Premier League! May the force be with you. We're behind you all the way!

What time are you arriving at the ground tomorrow?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Feb 2017 16:38

Blind Bigot Terriers fans here! :mrgreen: This a massive game which I expect both sides to be determined to take all 3pts. Our home form lately has been excellent and given that your lads like to pass the ball, as we do too, then it should be a cracking match.

I don't like making predictions because I usually get them wrong so I'll do what I did when we played Brighton & HA a few weeks back and hold my tongue. Here's to a good night of football!

Safe journey if you're travelling up! :D

BB (HTFC)

Reading do like to pass the ball, however if Huddersfield decide they want to win the game and think it's clever to try and mount attacks then expect Reading's passing game to amount to a load of piddling about in their defensive third while waiting for the most inappropriate moment to try and play Habsi into the game so he can go for the mis-hit pass to Kachunga or Lolley or whichever Terrier just happens to be passing by.

Please note though that, ridiculous as it sounds, sometimes that "plan" works and Reading somehow find themselves with a goal or two lead at the final whistle.

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 20 Feb 2017 18:06

CountryRoyal I have a really bad feeling about this.

Ditto :(

I feel a fulhamesque type stuffing coming on. Naturally I hope I'm wrong and I'll happily eat my words....
With few exceptions this season we've flattered to deceive I'm sorry.
Derby away first 25 minutes I thought we had turned a corner but subsequent performances have fed back into my negative attitude I'm afraid.

Huddy are on a proper run of form and play an attractive fluid style of football. Home game under the lights with their momentum, I can't see anything under than a loss I'm afraid.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 20 Feb 2017 18:20

The heavy defeats at Newcastle, Brentford & Fulham are in the past. Can't see us getting pulled apart like that again with three at the back.

I expect a similar performance to the one at pride park that we undeservedly lost.

The last game we had against a high pressing apponent (Fulham H) Stam put McCleary & Beerens upfront so we could exploit them with the pace when we're boxed in at the back. I hope he goes with McCleary & Grabban upfront to do something similar, don't think this game suits Yann.

Hoping for a line up of:

Al-Habsi

Gunter

Oxford
Moore
Mcshane

Obita

Williams
Kelly

Swift

McCleary
Grabban

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 20 Feb 2017 18:26

LoyalRoyal22 The heavy defeats at Newcastle, Brentford & Fulham are in the past. Can't see us getting pulled apart like that again with three at the back.

I expect a similar performance to the one at pride park that we undeservedly lost.

The last game we had against a high pressing apponent (Fulham H) Stam put McCleary & Beerens upfront so we could exploit them with the pace when we're boxed in at the back. I hope he goes with McCleary & Grabban upfront to do something similar, don't think this game suits Yann.

Hoping for a line up of:

Al-Habsi

Gunter

Oxford
Moore
Mcshane

Obita

Williams
Kelly

Swift

McCleary
Grabban

Damn you and your rose tinted specs.
I'd go with that lineup for sure.

Setting off just now. Few beers in Huddy tonight. Are the university's back ?
Last time I was in Huddersfield the woman only wore belts it was madness :shock:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Feb 2017 19:03

Midfield's too soft for me. Evans for Williams or Swift. Blackett for Oxford too.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 20 Feb 2017 19:11

LoyalRoyal22 The heavy defeats at Newcastle, Brentford & Fulham are in the past. Can't see us getting pulled apart like that again with three at the back.

Hoping for a line up of:

Al-Habsi

Gunter

Oxford
Moore
Mcshane

Obita

Williams
Kelly

Swift

McCleary
Grabban

I like the look of that side. Although I'd prefer to start Evans instead of Oxford so he can push up as a DM if needed; I think not starting with a DM would be suicidal with Mooy, Brown and Van la Parra roaming. I think Huddersfield tend to start with one up top and then a fluid midfield.

A bit like ourselves, really

Edit: Yet to see Oxford play but I'm now told apparently he can play CM...

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Feb 2017 20:35

Ian Royal Midfield's too soft for me. Evans for Williams or Swift. Blackett for Oxford too.

Tough one to decide who to start. Do you go for the energy and drive of Williams early doors? Or the finesse and bit of extra quality of Swift, even though his all round game isn't great at the moment. Who would have a greater impact off the bench? Really difficult.

We def need either Evans or Oxf*rd in midfield though, can't afford to let this Huddersfield team over-run us in midfield and let them get too many opportunities at our defence.

I'm probably being pessimistic but I just don't see us getting anything out of this game, my only hope is that it's not a heavy, demoralising defeat which could have a knock on effect for the remainder of the games.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Feb 2017 20:47

CountryRoyal
Ian Royal Midfield's too soft for me. Evans for Williams or Swift. Blackett for Oxford too.

Tough one to decide who to start. Do you go for the energy and drive of Williams early doors? Or the finesse and bit of extra quality of Swift, even though his all round game isn't great at the moment. Who would have a greater impact off the bench? Really difficult.

We def need either Evans or Oxf*rd in midfield though, can't afford to let this Huddersfield team over-run us in midfield and let them get too many opportunities at our defence.

I'm probably being pessimistic but I just don't see us getting anything out of this game, my only hope is that it's not a heavy, demoralising defeat which could have a knock on effect for the remainder of the games.

I'd probably go with Swift over Williams, Williams gives you energy, but he's not delivering a great deal in goal return and tends to run down blind allies and work for himself. Whereas Swift seems to go missing for long stretches, and doesn't offer a lot defensively, but he does pop up with genuine moments of magic. If Swift isn't doing it, then you've got options on the bench to change it up and you've got Kelly and Evans doing the dirty work to make up for him defensively. Plus, Kelly and Swift should interchange really well without Williams hogging the ball on a dead end run.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Feb 2017 21:37

Evans for Swift or Kelly and Blackett in for Oxford and be happy with that side

I think Mutch will start though. I expect for Evans in my team unfortunately or Kelly in the original.

The Informant

by The Informant » 20 Feb 2017 21:57

Habsi

Gunter
McShane
Moore
Obita

Kelly
Evans

Mutch

Beerens
McCLeary

Grabban

So I'd have Kelly and Evans holding and protecting as they're the closest we have to players who can tackle with Mutch literally just in front of them making it as hard as possible for their midfield. The two wingers and Grabban ready for the quick break away.

Play this and we might limit them to 2 but we just have to be as compact as possible.

George_

by George_ » 21 Feb 2017 08:08

If we are to get anything from this game, Evans has to start.

Kuhl_Runnings

by Kuhl_Runnings » 21 Feb 2017 08:55

Have no idea why George Evans is not one of the first names on the teamsheet, we look so much more calm and assured with him mopping up in midfield. Defo the most underrated player on the team.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Feb 2017 09:59

I was driving back from Germany yesterday and had a long think about this one. I have a funny feeling we will go ahead twice but get pegged back and draw 2-2. Having said that, I would take a point tonight in a heartbeat! Setting up there around 1

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 21 Feb 2017 10:09

Really hope McShane is back for the game tonight. If we go four at the back we need him next to Moore. If its three at the back we can move Gunter back to wing back. Feel like his inclusion is key for us.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 21 Feb 2017 10:19

Really hope their winger/full back is a fcuking moron again and gets himself sent off for some petulant bollocks :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Feb 2017 10:23

Kuhl_Runnings Have no idea why George Evans is not one of the first names on the teamsheet, we look so much more calm and assured with him mopping up in midfield. Defo the most underrated player on the team.

^ this. Much better than Berg in my opinion and much less of a liability but bet Berg reappears when he's fit and if that's not tonight we'll see Evans back on the bench and some other weird midfield combination.

Just for the record it's not looking good so far when playing top the 7/8 or so teams away.

So far, Reading have been stuffed at Newcastle, an embarrassment at Leeds, failed to turn up at Fulham and successfully did all they could to ensure Derby took three points. Really can't see it being any different tonight and then we're off to Brighnotatalltinpot & Hove on the telly, which is yet another dynamic to ensure we'll be cr@p

On the upside though we never know just what we'll get from Reading and if they can reproduce the way the played in the first 30 minutes at Derby over the whole 90 then Huddersfield won't know what hit them.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 21 Feb 2017 10:35

Expecting the tactics & game plan to be spot on tonight. They have had a week to prepare, and they will be aware of the importance of the game.

We know what were getting with Huddersfield, so should be ready from the first whistle

:P

267 posts