Plan b?

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Nuremberg Royal

Plan b?

by Nuremberg Royal » 19 Feb 2017 19:24

Do hope Jaap has a plan for the inevitable passing game that Wagner preaches.
My Huddersfield supporting mate thinks it may well be carnage on Tuesday as he says some team is due a right pasting at some point.
I'd gladly escape with a point given the chance as most have said on here that we tend not to be at our best against such teams.
But maybe Jaaps plan B is a thing of beauty yet to be unveiled.
I'm hoping the Dutch v.German rivalry will come to the forefront and a feisty affair results in them getting over confident leaving gaping holes in their defence for our free scoring attack to run through.... 0-0 slugfest then.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Plan b?

by Nameless » 19 Feb 2017 19:30

I guess he'll use one of the 3 or 4 formations we've played with this season, and perm 11 of the 20-25 first teamers he thinks will fit the bill.
Not sure if I'd go back 4 with Evans protecting the middle or back 5 ( proper defenders out wide, not wingers !)
Would possibly go with Yann and McLeary as a front two.

Nuremberg Royal

by Nuremberg Royal » 19 Feb 2017 19:33

Nameless I guess he'll use one of the 3 or 4 formations we've played with this season, and perm 11 of the 20-25 first teamers he thinks will fit the bill.
Not sure if I'd go back 4 with Evans protecting the middle or back 5 ( proper defenders out wide, not wingers !)

Out of curiosity what formation did he play in the home fixture against them ( at least before they went to 10 men)?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 19 Feb 2017 19:57

Nuremberg Royal
Nameless I guess he'll use one of the 3 or 4 formations we've played with this season, and perm 11 of the 20-25 first teamers he thinks will fit the bill.

Out of curiosity what formation did he play in the home fixture against them ( at least before they went to 10 men)?

Our "standard" 4-3-3.

That's certainly what I'd go with - we'd risk being overrun in midfield if we played 5-2-3 and I don't think we play nearly as well without the wingers (5-3-2).

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 21 Feb 2017 14:14

Whatever formation we play we need to get someone close to Mooy who pretty much runs their game and everything seems to go through him.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1