BFTS - Brighton (A)

147 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTS - Brighton (A)

by Royal_jimmy » 27 Feb 2017 08:06

I thought the song that was played by Brighton before the teams came out was so tinpot. Yet they laugh at our club song which I thought was a bit silly

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 27 Feb 2017 08:56

Can't add much to what's been said, yeah it was a bit of a shambles but I don't think there's any reason to overreact.

What I would say is what a bloody mess Falmer is. It always makes me chuckle when people moan about getting to our stadium when there's something like that around. Even leaving on 75 minutes the train back to Brighton was a mess but that might be down to the vast number of Brighton fans at the station, and they say we're tinpot

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Feb 2017 09:40

Silver Fox Can't add much to what's been said, yeah it was a bit of a shambles but I don't think there's any reason to overreact.

What I would say is what a bloody mess Falmer is. It always makes me chuckle when people moan about getting to our stadium when there's something like that around. Even leaving on 75 minutes the train back to Brighton was a mess but that might be down to the vast number of Brighton fans at the station, and they say we're tinpot

Yes I did notice there were many Brighton fans cunningly disguised as blue seats,

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 27 Feb 2017 09:43

I'm a big fan of Stam and I think he is a tactical genius given his short time in management.

However on this occasion I thought he got it wrong with the team, for me Kelly or Swift had to play from the off. We lacked that creative spark lacked ambition going forward and ultimately invited pressure on ourselves.

Brighton were very solid brilliant out wide and you can see why they will be in the PL next year (I will be shocked if they mess it up)

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 27 Feb 2017 11:03

Royal_jimmy I thought the song that was played by Brighton before the teams came out was so tinpot. Yet they laugh at our club song which I thought was a bit silly

I remember them playing that at the old Goldstone before the games we had with them in the 70s so not exactly tinpot. It's 'Sussex by the sea' is it not?

Surprised there's been no mention of the argy bargy involving Reading fans at Brighton station after the game.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 27 Feb 2017 11:48

Norfolk Royal Surprised there's been no mention of the argy bargy involving Reading fans at Brighton station after the game.

I heard there was trouble with a couple of people arrested.

Thought there was a quite a big police presence at the game, so maybe they were expecting some issues.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 27 Feb 2017 12:22

From what I know a Reading fan was arrested and given the old pin him on the floor and sit on him treatment by OB. This didn't go down well with a group of about 30 of ours who had a bit of a ruckus with OB before being corralled and thrown back on a London train. Something like that anyway.

Berkshirebhafan

by Berkshirebhafan » 27 Feb 2017 12:54

BHA fan in peace.

Just to tie up a few points that I have read on here and hopefully give you some BHA version.

1.Sussex By the Sea is a song written during the first world war and solders from Sussex regiment used to sing it going into battle, bit of an insult to say 'Tinpot' as some clubs come on to 'Glad all over' ?
2.We have not spent loads on players this year, think we are in bottom half of table on spending's?
3.Thought your style of football reminded me of our Hypia side of a few seasons ago, very dull, but sometimes effective. We were laughing at your defence who played it 10 times along the back, then went forward, then played it back again. We simply let you do it and picked you off.
4.The trouble at the pub outside the station was just a bunch of little chavs, who average age was 15 and IQ smaller and were not let into a pub, mainly as they were kids not old enough to drink and made some noise about it, it was handbags at best.
5.Agree about Sidwell could have gone, but what about that french thug you have up front who assaulted Rosenior, who is still out injured, so no mention of that here?, although I agree 2 wrongs do not make a right, but I am sure he was target as the BHA players are a real together bunch.
6.Think you are a WIP team and will be a team to reckon with this year, it has taken us 3/4 years to get to where we are with a manager who knows how to play the championship.
Best of luck rest of the season, never know we might face you in the Playoffs ?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Feb 2017 13:03

Berkshirebhafan what about that french thug you have up front who assaulted Rosenior, who is still out injured, so no mention of that here?, although I agree 2 wrongs do not make a right, but I am sure he was target as the BHA players are a real together bunch.

Brighton fans seem obsessed with this, but conveniently seem to forget that Rosenior gave Kermorgant an elbow in the face about a minute before it.

Berkshirebhafan

by Berkshirebhafan » 27 Feb 2017 13:25

genome
Berkshirebhafan what about that french thug you have up front who assaulted Rosenior, who is still out injured, so no mention of that here?, although I agree 2 wrongs do not make a right, but I am sure he was target as the BHA players are a real together bunch.

Brighton fans seem obsessed with this, but conveniently seem to forget that Rosenior gave Kermorgant an elbow in the face about a minute before it.

Actually if you look at the incident, Rosenior did catch him, but not deliberate, looked like a pure accident, not need for that response assault which could have ended his career. Not obsessed by it, was mentioning it in context with the Sidwell fouls that is all. We all hope that Liam recovers from his injury as he is a very good pro and a bloody nice bloke.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Feb 2017 13:30

Berkshirebhafan We all hope that Liam recovers from his injury as he is a very good pro and a bloody nice bloke.

Yep, lovely bloke.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... ng-4232659

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 27 Feb 2017 13:47

Berkshirebhafan BHA fan in peace.

Just to tie up a few points that I have read on here and hopefully give you some BHA version.

1.Sussex By the Sea is a song written during the first world war and solders from Sussex regiment used to sing it going into battle, bit of an insult to say 'Tinpot' as some clubs come on to 'Glad all over' ?
2.We have not spent loads on players this year, think we are in bottom half of table on spending's?
3.Thought your style of football reminded me of our Hypia side of a few seasons ago, very dull, but sometimes effective. We were laughing at your defence who played it 10 times along the back, then went forward, then played it back again. We simply let you do it and picked you off.
4.The trouble at the pub outside the station was just a bunch of little chavs, who average age was 15 and IQ smaller and were not let into a pub, mainly as they were kids not old enough to drink and made some noise about it, it was handbags at best.
5.Agree about Sidwell could have gone, but what about that french thug you have up front who assaulted Rosenior, who is still out injured, so no mention of that here?, although I agree 2 wrongs do not make a right, but I am sure he was target as the BHA players are a real together bunch.
6.Think you are a WIP team and will be a team to reckon with this year, it has taken us 3/4 years to get to where we are with a manager who knows how to play the championship.

What is a WIP team?

Please translate for me. I'm a dumb Reading fan.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Feb 2017 14:02

It's quite hard to get sent off for something you did in a game several months ago. :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Feb 2017 14:02

Top Flight

What is a WIP team?

Work in progress, obviously.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 27 Feb 2017 14:05

Top Flight What is a WIP team?

I'm guessing 'Work in Progress'? ... unless you're winding us up!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 27 Feb 2017 14:11

Yeah, that makes sense.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 27 Feb 2017 14:18

You were quite clearly not by the station as it certainly wasn't 15 year old chavs kicking off
Add another 20 years or so and you will be about right.
Still low IQ though!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Feb 2017 16:49

1. Rather sussex by the sea than sweet caroline

3. That is exactly what is wrong with this style of play. Far too much piddling about in our own half and not enough chances being taken with the forward pass. It seems that in about a third of the games we've played we've paradiddled far too long just like that and been caught as we make a stupid idiot decision to pass the ball somewhere it shouldnt go in a month of sundays. In the other games though we seem to have got it about right but unfortunately that third of games tends to be against the better sides - it's like there's just too much respect for the oppo and not enough belief themselves.

6. Brighton are a little bit like where Reading were in 2006, i.e. a couple of good seasons behind them building things and are now reaping the rewards. Reading have done wonderful things this season given the problems behind the scenes and the utter crap of the last two years. Be good to get to the utter lottery of the play offs and have a shot at promotion but most likely we'll find ourselves having a summer to iron out the issues a bit more and have a much more consistent bash at it next season.

biff

by biff » 27 Feb 2017 17:15

Im not sure why people are arguing you cant be angry at that performance whilst still being happy with the league position?

We were oxf*rd dross and shouldnt be that bad at this stage of the season vs vaguely similar opposition table wise. Made to look like boys vs Huddersfield and Brighton. Newcastle wont give us any letup either.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 27 Feb 2017 17:43

6 arrests were made.

147 posts