BFTS - Brighton (A)

147 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BFTS - Brighton (A)

by CountryRoyal » 25 Feb 2017 19:16

Useless. Probably wouldn't have won anyway but we gave ourselves no chance with an atrocious performance, on par with QPR, maybe worse.

Everyone should take a long hard look at themselves after that. Bottled it and lost it before they even kicked off probably.

How the oxf*rd did we go from our performance at Huddersfield to this shower of shit?

Al-Habsi - 4

Gunter - 2
McShane - 3
Moore - 4
Blacket - 2

Mutch - 2
Williams - 4
Evans - 5

McCleary - 3
Kermorgant - 5
Beerens - 4

Swift - 3
Kelly - 3
Grabban - 3

Stam - 0.

Brighton played well, we didn't, we got dispatched.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTS - Brighton (A)

by Royal_jimmy » 25 Feb 2017 19:21

That was a oxf*rd awful and embarrassing performance all over the pitch. Brighton were average and gave that to them on a plate. Huddersfield are a much better team having seen both teams play us twice this season.

Gunter needs to go on the transfer list. Ali is a good keeper and I love the bloke but he isn't the right keeper for the way we play.

And why the hell are we always crap on tv

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Feb 2017 19:23

CountryRoyal Useless. Probably wouldn't have won anyway but we gave ourselves no chance with an atrocious performance, on par with QPR, maybe worse.

Everyone should take a long hard look at themselves after that. Bottled it and lost it before they even kicked off probably.

How the oxf*rd did we go from our performance at Huddersfield to this shower of shit?

Al-Habsi - 4

Gunter - 2
McShane - 3
Moore - 4
Blacket - 2

Mutch - 2
Williams - 4
Evans - 5

McCleary - 3
Kermorgant - 5
Beerens - 4

Swift - 3
Kelly - 3
Grabban - 3

Stam - 0.

Embarrassing stuff.

Not our performance, your post

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Feb 2017 19:24

Played into Brighton's hands. Poor shape and a couple of selection errors from Stam, plus no significant attempt to address the blatantly obvious issues. Brighton blew us away barely needing to try anything, they just squeezed us and waited for the self destruct.

Mentally we were an absolute abomination. Seriously. Brighton start by pressing us high and hard with their front 4/5 and we had no clue how to respond because of Stam's insistence on patient passing football. Well it doesn't work when there are four opposition players around our 18 yard box. Then every time we started getting a foothold in the game there was a rush of blood to the head and a poor shot / cross or pass because they were all so tight from desperation to take a chance. No one with an ounce of intelligence covering for the turnover just all piling in to a tightly marked area and not looking up when passing. Too slow, too obvious, too shit.

We'll have to really try hard to play that badly again this season. Credit to Brighton, they pressured us into it, but we didn't have to run headfirst into the noose and dive off the gallows.

On the plus side, we don't look anything like good enough to win the play offs, so we get to do it properly next year.

Stam. Please play Evans, Kelly and one of Swift / Williams. Evans and Kelly are the base to build from with defensive qualities and the ability to pass and move.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 25 Feb 2017 19:25

Al-Habsi - 2

Gunter - 1
McShane - 4
Moore - 3
Blackett - 1

Mutch - 2
Williams - 6
Evans - 5

McCleary - 1
Kermorgant - 5
Beerens - 4

Swift - 2
Kelly - 3
Grabban - 4

double d

by double d » 25 Feb 2017 19:28

Useless and embaresing, we looked like a league 2 team. The board should do a Leicester and sack stam, we don't need a manager who is incompetent at managing a team.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Feb 2017 19:29

genome
CountryRoyal Useless. Probably wouldn't have won anyway but we gave ourselves no chance with an atrocious performance, on par with QPR, maybe worse.

Al-Habsi - 4

Gunter - 2
McShane - 3
Moore - 4
Blacket - 2

Mutch - 2
Williams - 4
Evans - 5

McCleary - 3
Kermorgant - 5
Beerens - 4

Swift - 3
Kelly - 3
Grabban - 3

Stam - 0.

Embarrassing stuff.

Get over your self and your self righteous bullshit. Anyone that says that was anything less than an awful performance is deluded. Tbh my ratings are probably generous.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 25 Feb 2017 19:30

Shambles

Echo the sentiments about us always being crap on TV. Gutted my 2-0 prediction was off.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Feb 2017 19:33

Far too much piddling about with ball where it's nice and safe and far too little trying to get the ball forward into a space for our so called wingers/wing backs to get crosses into the box for on rushing midfielders etc.

They never seem to improve on this so **** alone knows what they do in training all week

And then there's the utterly appalling set pieces - although we do manage to create goals from corners....

Today was just embarrassing. Didn't look up for it, didn't show any desire or bite. Perhaps Stam has got them too laid back and too patient. It's one thing to be relaxed but to be utterly comatose as we seem to be whenever we rock up to the better teams is just ridiculous.

Still I suppose we're a team in transition and need to improve the standard of players we have before we can really see the best of this style of play.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Feb 2017 19:36

CountryRoyal Get over your self and your self righteous bullshit. Anyone that says that was anything less than an awful performance is deluded. Tbh my ratings are probably generous.

I'm not arguing that it wasn't a poor performance. It's simple, we didn't create enough and didn't take our chances when we got them (and particularly before they scored their 2nd), we were sloppy in the middle of the park on 3 occasions and Brighton, who are the best side in the league and far further into their plan than us, punished us mercilessly for them.

We are a team 8 months into playing an entirely new system. Results like these will happen - it's up to Stam to figure it out in the future. It's his first job in management.

Throwing your toys out of the pram in such a fashion is frankly an embarrassment. Go and have a lie down, then come back and try and look at the bigger picture.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Feb 2017 19:41

genome
CountryRoyal Get over your self and your self righteous bullshit. Anyone that says that was anything less than an awful performance is deluded. Tbh my ratings are probably generous.

I'm not arguing that it wasn't a poor performance. It's simple, we didn't create enough and didn't take our chances when we got them (and particularly before they scored their 2nd), we were sloppy in the middle of the park on 3 occasions and Brighton, who are the best side in the league and far further into their plan than us, punished us mercilessly for them.

We are a team 8 months into playing an entirely new system. Results like these will happen - it's up to Stam to figure it out in the future. It's his first job in management.

Throwing your toys out of the pram in such a fashion is frankly an embarrassment. Go and have a lie down, then come back and try and look at the bigger picture.

I'm sorry but have I missed where I've thrown my toys out? I've just said it how it is on the write up. I haven't said season over...etc, I have said it was shit because it was and haven't made any effort to hide how I feel.

When we are good I would do the same thing. I take each game on merit. Stop looking for a reason to be self-righteous and kindly get off your pedastal and then fukk off.

Ta.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Feb 2017 19:41

Don't agree with a lot of that to be honest

Sure it's very frustrating losing to Brighton but they are a good side. We handled them ok for the majority but obviously defended very poorly when they broke ( though they did that well tbf)

Obviously the bug turning point was the clearance of the line followed by their breakway goal - if we'd scored that I felt we were in good shape to go on and get a result

I though Mutch was poor, McShane very rusty and Gunter soft. McCleary Couldn't get in the game

Other than that pretty average all round. Beerens looked dangerous first half and Grabban prob should have started

Williams prob our mom but a low bar. Thought Blackett defended fairly well but he isn't a lwb as his crossing is poor. Kelly and Swift need to find their best form again, both have been well below their best for a while imo

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 25 Feb 2017 19:41

CountryRoyal
genome

Al-Habsi - 4

Gunter - 2
McShane - 3
Moore - 4
Blacket - 2

Mutch - 2
Williams - 4
Evans - 5

McCleary - 3
Kermorgant - 5
Beerens - 4

Swift - 3
Kelly - 3
Grabban - 3

Stam - 0.

Embarrassing stuff.

Get over your self and your self righteous bullshit. Anyone that says that was anything less than an awful performance is deluded. Tbh my ratings are probably generous.

agreed. That was a pathetic display

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Feb 2017 19:46

CountryRoyal I'm sorry but have I missed where I've thrown my toys out? I've just said it how it is on the write up. I haven't said season over.

:lol:

Please. You've thrown a massive sulk and so have a few other posters. You even claimed that you're surprised we are in the Championship and that we'll do well to stay in the play offs. :lol:

If balanced criticism makes me self-righteous, then I'm a sanctimonious bastard.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Feb 2017 19:49

Right game plan, poorly executed.

We are just not quite at the level required yet to play this expansive style of football but by god what a great journey we are on.

Makes me smile when you hear the words abysmal, atrocious, embarrassing etc when we have just played champions elect and we were one of the favourites to go down.

On a separate note I don't think the January transfer window with the hype brought about what we wanted to achieve....just yet. Match seems to be very off the pace in games I have seen.

Williams for me was our stand our player tonight.

Big response needed next week if we have any belief in staying in top 6.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 25 Feb 2017 19:52

I have to be honest-I was ashamed of that performance.
Some of the team need to take a long hard look at themselves.
I think this is the first time I have seen them on TV this season; so maybe my player ratings are a bit skewed-however, I believe these are the lowest ratings I have ever given.

Al Habsi 1: I am all for retaining possession ; but he put his back four under real pressure seven or eight times.And an absolute wuss at corners.
Gunter 1: Shameful really. Totally gutless all evening.
Moore 2: Our best defender-totally outclassed.
McShane 2: Looked a Pub footballer.
Blackett 5 : At least he showed a bit of spirit-worth four just for the tackle on Knockeart-who was taking the p***.
Shame he didn't catch him properly.
Evans 3: For a professional footballer , his lack of pace is alarming-tried but out of his depth.
Williams 4: Tried hard-but really should have buried those chances-at least he showed some spirit
Mutch 0: Stealing a living-should donate his wages after that performance.
Joey 6:MOM-at least he showed a bit of quality
Kermit 3:Compare our strike force with theirs.
Macca 0: What's wrong with the guy? He get's paid a fortune to put in a performance like that-he'did't care. At least he could have looked as if he was trying. What get's in his head-beats me.

Swift 6: Flitted around a bit but no end product.
Kelly 3: Horror pass for their third goal
Grabham 1: Got a right charmer here=another one stealing a living.

Hopefully we can keep in touch with the top six until after Saturday & Tuesday-our run in isn't too bad.If we get into the play offs we have probably over achieved.

Stam has to read the riot act-on Monday-if they really want this then they are going to have show some commitment.
Ref was pretty good-although should have stamped on Seagull's habit of kicking the ball away. Sidders and Stephens (?) lucky to stay on.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 25 Feb 2017 19:52

I got lambasted for suggesting this the other day in the Huddersfield BFTG thread, but I'm going to reiterate it.

McCleary's head has gone since he signed his new contract.

He had a good game against Brentford and did a backheel against Cardiff, but what else has he done since the turn of the year?

He set a very high standard for himself with his fantastic form between August and December, but just when you need him to step up, he has been found wanting.

devonroyal

by devonroyal » 25 Feb 2017 20:02

After a gap of 40 years I have been to see Reading five times this season, mainly due to my son now working in Reading and being a season ticket holder.
Now in my day we operated several leagues lower, we were basically crap, played in a stadium that doubled as cow sheds but had a brilliant centre forward called Robin Friday who had to be bailed out of the local police station drunk tank most Saturday mornings so he could be sobered up for the afternoon and was worth the entrance fee alone, if he wasn't scoring a hat trick, he was nutting the opposition centre half, and when I say nut, I dont mean the powder puff kisses that makes footballer fall over today, I mean centre half's needing hospital treatment, The point being although we lost a many as we won we were entertaining.
Having had long conversations with my son mainly along the lines of are they always this defensive , are they always this boring, do you have a decent striker. There are obviously some class players in this royals team but some who are plainly in a league, one or two over where they should be. Perhaps its because the manager was a defender and the magic that occurred the other side of the halfway line was a mystery that he never understood.
Be there again for the next match, if you dont dig a few wins out soon i fear the play offs will be a struggle.
But i will follow the royals from devon

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Feb 2017 20:12

Even if that was all he did he has won us 5 Pts in the last month or so then

Was no lack of effort - just didn't get much of the ball. Was our best player vs Brentford only 2 games ago, and prob our most dangerous against Cardiff

double d

by double d » 25 Feb 2017 20:14

Who Is up for having a protest at STAR and the stadium next week to get the money back from ticket and travel and food and alcohol?

147 posts