by IceIceGylfi » 04 Mar 2017 10:49

Newcastle: 103
Huddersfield: 100
Brighton: 97
Leeds: 93
Reading: 86
Sheff Wed: 79
Fulham: 71

I think we'll edge past Leeds 1-0 and then 1-1 (2-1 agg) and get Brighton in the Final; and then anything could happen.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Points needed for Playoffs

by CountryRoyal » 04 Mar 2017 11:21

How are all of our predictions so ridiculous.

:lol:

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Mar 2017 10:23

No Fixed Abode If you take the average points amassed per game over the season so far you're on course for 81 points.

If you take the average points amassed over the last 5 games you're on course for 75 points.

Oh shit. Stats again.

Another couple of games gone and still on course for 81 points.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 13 Mar 2017 13:18

No Fixed Abode
No Fixed Abode If you take the average points amassed per game over the season so far you're on course for 81 points.

If you take the average points amassed over the last 5 games you're on course for 75 points.

Oh shit. Stats again.

Another couple of games gone and still on course for 81 points.

On course for 79 points now.

Avg points per home game 2.15
Avg points per away game 1.27

4 games left at home 5 game left away.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Mar 2017 20:30

I think we're just seeing the results of a tough run of fixtures. The win against Wolves was massive and if we lose on Friday we're really going to need to pick up at least 4 points in our next two home games. Wednesday don't particularly rate themselves a lot either and like a lot of us think one that one of us will drop out.

I'm not entirely convinced by Fulham, have they clicked at the right time and now getting some momentum going? Potentially. They're a good team (dismantling us and Huddersfield 5-0, Newcastle performance) but I still reckon they will have a little wobble like some of their inconsistent results (not of late) have suggested.

Either way barring a complete catastrophic dip in form we should be able to pick up enough points to maintain a playoff spot, especially considering our comparatively "easy" run in. It's going to be tight.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Mar 2017 20:42

I think Fulham will make it. They're hitting form at the right time as we and Wednesday wobble. TBH I think we'd both be out if there was a second team outside making a decent fight of it (maybe Preston can be that team?).

My prediction for the final standings would be
1 Newcastle
2 Brighton
3 Huddersfield
4 Leeds
5 Fulham
6 Wednesday
7 Reading

Eighth looks like worst case scenario, and that would still be a good first season for Stam, outstripping his target and expectations. Looking at 4th to 8th with nine games left is fabulous, it just feels less because we're on a bit of a comedown and struggling to sustain previously fantastic form.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 13 Mar 2017 21:06

Ian Royal I think Fulham will make it. They're hitting form at the right time as we and Wednesday wobble. TBH I think we'd both be out if there was a second team outside making a decent fight of it (maybe Preston can be that team?).

1 Newcastle
2 Brighton
3 Huddersfield
4 Leeds
5 Fulham
6 Wednesday
7 Reading

Eighth looks like worst case scenario, and that would still be a good first season for Stam, outstripping his target and expectations. Looking at 4th to 8th with nine games left is fabulous, it just feels less because we're on a bit of a comedown and struggling to sustain previously fantastic form.

+1

Ultimately even 9th won't be a disappointing season.
And if I'm honest some of our wins have had me scratching my head as to how we managed it.
If anything the January window hasnt helped us and as ever we still don't have a clinical strike force

A good transfer window post season should see us in good shape for next year

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Mar 2017 21:12

bcubed
Ian Royal I think Fulham will make it. They're hitting form at the right time as we and Wednesday wobble. TBH I think we'd both be out if there was a second team outside making a decent fight of it (maybe Preston can be that team?).

1 Newcastle
2 Brighton
3 Huddersfield
4 Leeds
5 Fulham
6 Wednesday
7 Reading

+1

Ultimately even 9th won't be a disappointing season.
And if I'm honest some of our wins have had me scratching my head as to how we managed it.
If anything the January window hasnt helped us and as ever we still don't have a clinical strike force

A good transfer window post season should see us in good shape for next year

It'll be a pleasant novelty to go into one with a man in charge who's got a whole season of experience at the helm and hasn't just been firefighting disaster.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Mar 2017 01:23

Wednesday clocked on to GR's predictor and tried their hand at it..

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/ ... predictor/