BFTG Wolves

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Wolves

by CountryRoyal » 04 Mar 2017 21:34

Ooh shout out to Grabban who has done next to oxf*rd all since arriving. Should have shot earlier but decided not to, and then selfishly had a wild shot from miles out when he should have played Meite in.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 04 Mar 2017 22:01

Gunny Fishcake We won due to the fact Wolves were so sh*te .......we were one tiny notch above sh*te that being the fact we got three points. The clock is clearly ticking......Jaap Stam is a wonderful manager, top player, won it all blah blah.....but.....his style of football is so bloody dull and boring you can keep it. Many critisise from afar, but those who pay week in week out be it season ticket holders or paying on the gate go to be entertained and have the thrill of being a excited watching our team play and hopefully win. That excitement takes place in the opponents half and when you have a chance at scoring a goal. Playing deep in our own half constantly passing I across the back four and enabling our goalkeeper to be our biggest passer of the ball is not entertaining.....it's bollox .

I've been saying this for months and didn't go today for this reason. I go to football to be entertained and Stam's style of football is frankly turgid. I've heard that he is questioning why the crowds aren't higher than they are. He must be blind to what he serves up week after week to paying customers. In the past when we've been in similar positions at this stage of the season I've barely been able to contain my excitement and looked forward to every match. This season, although we look on course for the play-offs i'm almost completely disinterested.

I am going to go on Tuesday, although more in hope than expectation :|

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Mar 2017 22:21

Muskrat
Gunny Fishcake We won due to the fact Wolves were so sh*te .......we were one tiny notch above sh*te that being the fact we got three points. The clock is clearly ticking......Jaap Stam is a wonderful manager, top player, won it all blah blah.....but.....his style of football is so bloody dull and boring you can keep it. Many critisise from afar, but those who pay week in week out be it season ticket holders or paying on the gate go to be entertained and have the thrill of being a excited watching our team play and hopefully win. That excitement takes place in the opponents half and when you have a chance at scoring a goal. Playing deep in our own half constantly passing I across the back four and enabling our goalkeeper to be our biggest passer of the ball is not entertaining.....it's bollox .

I've been saying this for months and didn't go today for this reason. I go to football to be entertained and Stam's style of football is frankly turgid. I've heard that he is questioning why the crowds aren't higher than they are. He must be blind to what he serves up week after week to paying customers. In the past when we've been in similar positions at this stage of the season I've barely been able to contain my excitement and looked forward to every match. This season, although we look on course for the play-offs i'm almost completely disinterested.

Join the other thousands who only decide to turn up because it's a "big team". You're in good company at least.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Mar 2017 22:33

I missed the game because the M4 was fcuked and couldn't get out of London.

TBH I didn't really care, which on a potential promotion season and I've been a ST holder for 20 years speaks volumes.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Mar 2017 22:54

leon I missed the game because the M4 was fcuked and couldn't get out of London.

TBH I didn't really care, which on a potential promotion season and I've been a ST holder for 20 years speaks volumes.

The level of apathy around the club is definitely noticeable. With the amount of people flooding out before the end you'd think we were losing 0-3.

Had to check the scoreboard to see we were actually winning. Just no one seems to care/have belief.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Mar 2017 22:58

Had you down as a 19 year-old Leon

I didn't bother going even tho I'm only 2 miles away and get free tickets. Just fancied watching the scorecards on BBC1.

Will be there on Tuesday to grab the glory

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Mar 2017 23:44

That was an awful performance but we still won.

I think Wolves are awful and they definitely could go down. They're the worst side I've seen us play so far except Forest and Rotherham.

If we play like that against Newcastle we will get slaughtered
Last edited by Royal_jimmy on 05 Mar 2017 11:59, edited 1 time in total.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Mar 2017 23:47

Muskrat

We have been waiting and waiting....

And there it is....

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 04 Mar 2017 23:58

CountryRoyal
Muskrat

Join the other thousands who only decide to turn up because it's a "big team". You're in good company at least.

PMSL. I was there in 1982 watching us lose 3-2 to Preston in front of our lowest ever league attendance (about 1750 btw). Were you?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 05 Mar 2017 00:04

leon I missed the game because the M4 was fcuked and couldn't get out of London.

That's sad but I understand. I had plans tonight and at half time I seriously seriously considered leaving. I didn't care whether I missed a big decision, or a win, or controversial incident. I just wanted to go.

Mainly though that was due to watching oxf*rd stewards stood there for 60 minutes waving at fans to sit down and going into individual rows to confront those standing.

We are 5th but honestly the vibe at home is that we are mid table in another standard season. It's sad really but there isn't any magical feeling.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Mar 2017 00:13

get over it Bobby (the stewarding thing)....how old are you?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 05 Mar 2017 00:20

AthleticoSpizz get over it Bobby (the stewarding thing)....how old are you?

I'm 32. It's not the standing/sitting thing that's got to me. It's not the whole petulance attitude that some fans have.

But it is the fact that they seem intent on harassing and interfering in the enjoyment of the game. I sit in y25 and so visually the whole
Thing is happening right in my view.

It's not that I need to "get over it" - I just genuinely think they're alienating fans with this attitude.

Excuse me for mentioning it in cross threads but I'm just bugged by it that's all. Looking at twitter I'm not alone

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Mar 2017 00:37

Muskrat
CountryRoyal
Muskrat

PMSL. I was there in 1982 watching us lose 3-2 to Preston in front of our lowest ever league attendance (about 1750 btw). Were you?

Hell no I wasn't born for another 10 years.

Besides it wasn't really a dig at you, was more just a current state of affairs of the club. No need to get all sensitive and defensive buddy.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 05 Mar 2017 00:52

Anyone else see Stam pick up and push Danny Williams back on the pitch by the scruff of his neck and the back of his waistband after he got fouled into the technical area? Genuine highlight of the match for me.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 05 Mar 2017 03:32

I thought the support was good today considering the trash that was being played. When you think we have been in the top 6 all season I've yet to hear a song about going up? Which say's a lot at no point have we looked like a side capable of promotion.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 05 Mar 2017 07:22

Jackson Corner I thought the support was good today considering the trash that was being played. When you think we have been in the top 6 all season I've yet to hear a song about going up? Which say's a lot at no point have we looked like a side capable of promotion.

Yea I also thought the support was good.

I liked the repeated attempts to keep "jaap stams Barmy army" going

It's funny watching opposing fans doing gesturing "outside" whilst pointing and getting further wound up

It's really tragic though when you see men aged about 40-50 doing it. Still entertaining though.

McShanes header looked quality. God knows how we got 3 points from that performance and game.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 05 Mar 2017 07:37

CountryRoyal
Muskrat
CountryRoyal

Besides it wasn't really a dig at you, was more just a current state of affairs of the club. No need to get all sensitive and defensive buddy.

Course not. :roll:

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 05 Mar 2017 08:07

CountryRoyal

No worries.

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 05 Mar 2017 08:38

Shocking performance but three points which is what matters.
Am I the only person worried that we are metaphorically 'papering over cracks' with dire performances but squeezing out results ?
Would have zero confidence going into a playoff against any of the top 6.

Playerwise a mixed bag.
McShane immense and showed all his experience yesterday.
Blackett is simply not good enough at this level. His technical ability (if you want to call the ability to even stop a ball with your foot technical) is non existent.
Liked the look of popa got the fans on our feet his final ball needs a bit of work.
Made a lovely run at one point and didn't see swifty unmarked but he's got promise.
Joey was excellent but nearly took a wolves players head off at one point ! Calm down you mentalist.
Danny Williams looked completely disinterested to me. Sauntering around with no intent. Body language all wrong.

I could go on but what's the point, nobody's bloody listening :lol:

Note for Stam. Get onto Wolves about that number 17. He's quality.

Shout out to the mad Dutch boys in the eamonn Dolan stand. Hup Holland :D

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 05 Mar 2017 08:52

CountryRoyal

The level of apathy around the club is definitely noticeable. With the amount of people flooding out before the end you'd think we were losing 0-3.

Had to check the scoreboard to see we were actually winning. Just no one seems to care/have belief.

If you could stay till the final whistle and not have to wait nearly an hour for a bus more people probably would.