MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (a) sponsored by WarmUpGate

136 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (a) sponsored by WarmUpGate

by CountryRoyal » 11 Mar 2017 17:55

loyalroyal4life
bobby1413 I'm prepared to be shot down for this - but honestly I'm not bothered about promotion at all this year.

In fact I think it would be better if we stayed in this league for 1-2 more seasons depending on how we develop.

We're still building and I think we are capable of doing great things over time - if we keep JS.

Agreed, would at least like to finish top 6 and have a go at reaching Wembley but its not the be all and end all.

Maybe the pain of missing out might help the players motivation to make it next season

It didn't work in 2014/15 :lol:

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 11 Mar 2017 17:57

Royal_jimmy
Kitsondinho If Fulham manage to beat Blackburn on Tuesday, they'll be up in 6th and play again on Sat. Not losing on Friday is surely the most important thing, as we all know that we'll lose on the TV to Leeds....At the start of the season I said I'd be happy with a top half finish. I stick by that, but I meant 10th....not bloody 7th again!!

Yet we have lost just 2 home games all season? :roll:

That is true, but overridden by the fact we are usually crap on the TV.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Mar 2017 17:57

CountryRoyal
genome
Was I insulted personally? No. :| Strange comment.

I'd just rather not have to experience a poster having a mental breakdown the every time we lose.

Put me on ignore then you utter tool :lol:

I can promise you I won't lose any sleep over it fella.

The ignore function is generally useless, as people quote each other.

I'm only looking out for you anyway, m8. All this seething anger over something fairly inconsequential can't be good for your blood pressure.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Mar 2017 18:05

genome
CountryRoyal
genome
Was I insulted personally? No. :| Strange comment.

I'd just rather not have to experience a poster having a mental breakdown the every time we lose.

Put me on ignore then you utter tool :lol:

I can promise you I won't lose any sleep over it fella.

The ignore function is generally useless, as people quote each other.

I'm only looking out for you anyway, m8. All this seething anger over something fairly inconsequential can't be good for your blood pressure.

Good guy genome over here.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 11 Mar 2017 18:13

Three things we need to do to win next weeks game.

1) dig up hillsborough pitch the day before game. As we only play well on shit pitches that why we are so good at home.
2) play the Team we had prior to the loanees coming in.
3) have a plan c - we don't like plan b

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Mar 2017 18:38

Definitely one of the biggest concerns is how ineffective the loan signings &Popa/Ilori have been. Thought they'd add the bit of quality to get us over the line, but they have been poor/injured/unused

Coupled with Swift and Kelly losing form, Jaap has a problem to solve

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Mar 2017 18:47

It's hardly Ilori's fault that he's been ineffective, he got injured in his second game.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Mar 2017 19:22

Hence why I said poor/injured/unused - he falls into the injured category

Finally got round to watching the highlIghts. Just frustrating individual errors for each - the second particularly a right mess. Two players tripping each other over, and the scabby horrible finish from their player

finchroyal

by finchroyal » 12 Mar 2017 02:04

Not great today, roll on the next game :D

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Mar 2017 10:05

The biggest frustration for me is that once again we've had a good start to the season, seemed to be genuinely building something good and developing an exciting and quality style of play only for things to go backwards in the second half of the season. The style seems to be getting further from the ultimate goal. Regressing to cluelessly slow tippy-tappy followed by a hoof with no purpose an no movement.

I have no problem failing to go up, or even make the play offs, but I want to see some genuine progression to next season, not another slide into failure, an ok start next year and then a blow up with Stam gone in December / January.

Admittedly it's a bit reminiscent of Coppell's first two seasons and we really should stay top 10. We just seem to be our own worst nightmare. There really does seem to be a hugely soft bottlejob culture at the club. We have the players coaches and resources to cope, at the top but we keep dicking it up. I really haven't been impressed with some of Stam's team selection. Swift and Mutch? Talk about a midfield to watch the game pass them by. Grabban on the wing? Really don't fancy Blackett as anything other than the third of a back three whilst he's this up and down.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 12 Mar 2017 12:18

Ian Royal The biggest frustration for me is that once again we've had a good start to the season, seemed to be genuinely building something good and developing an exciting and quality style of play only for things to go backwards in the second half of the season. The style seems to be getting further from the ultimate goal. Regressing to cluelessly slow tippy-tappy followed by a hoof with no purpose an no movement.

I have no problem failing to go up, or even make the play offs, but I want to see some genuine progression to next season, not another slide into failure, an ok start next year and then a blow up with Stam gone in December / January.

Admittedly it's a bit reminiscent of Coppell's first two seasons and we really should stay top 10. We just seem to be our own worst nightmare. There really does seem to be a hugely soft bottlejob culture at the club. We have the players coaches and resources to cope, at the top but we keep dicking it up. I really haven't been impressed with some of Stam's team selection. Swift and Mutch? Talk about a midfield to watch the game pass them by. Grabban on the wing? Really don't fancy Blackett as anything other than the third of a back three whilst he's this up and down.

I'm afraid that a lot of stams decisions especially with his subs earlier in the season will come back to haunt him.

Half Biscuit

by Half Biscuit » 12 Mar 2017 13:07

CountryRoyal
It didn't work in 2014/15 :lol:

It did work in 2005/06... :?

Trouble is, I can't see it happening with this team. There are too many "glove-wearers".

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Mar 2017 15:27

The team needs to grow some bollocks.

Stam needs to play the team that was doing well not the collection of shite that he is at the moment.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Mar 2017 10:17

As long as we don't fall to 7th in the last minute of the last day but think we've clinched 6th and invade the pitch, I'm all good

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 13 Mar 2017 10:26

genome As long as we don't fall to 7th in the last minute of the last day but think we've clinched 6th and invade the pitch, I'm all good

Looking at the form table it's going to be a fight between you and Sheff Wed for 6th place. If Fulham continue their form they'll easily make the top 6.

The Informant

by The Informant » 13 Mar 2017 12:29

Doesn't help when Stam signs a striker that is a proven goalscorer at this level then plays him on the wing.

I long for 442

136 posts