9%
Kelly, Mutch, Swift
No votes

Total votes: 35
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Best midfield combination?

by SCIAG » 09 Mar 2017 12:37

We seem to use a different midfield three every match. Assuming we play 4-3-3 or similar (e.g. 5-2-3 with a midfielder at centre back), who would your first choice midfield three be?

Due to limited options, I had to exclude Wieser, Quinn, Oxford, playing someone out of position, youngsters, Ian Royal, and the Williams-Mutch-Swift combination.

Personally, I'd like to see Evans, Kelly, and Swift together when they're all in form, but I'm almost as happy with Joey in for Evans or Kelly.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Best midfield combination?

by Hound » 09 Mar 2017 13:31

It's a tough one. At this moment I'd like to see Williams/Joey/Swift play against Preston but I wouldn't nec say they are our best midfield for all games

Long term Swift/Evans/Kelly certainly looks to have a massive amount of potential but I think Joey adds necessary experience for that DM role at the moment and Kelly and Swift are off their game currently

Davezk

by Davezk » 09 Mar 2017 13:38

I agree swift evans kelly is most creative combo. Bring in Joey if need some bite.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 09 Mar 2017 13:46

SCIAG We seem to use a different midfield three every match. Assuming we play 4-3-3 or similar (e.g. 5-2-3 with a midfielder at centre back), who would your first choice midfield three be?

Due to limited options, I had to exclude Wieser, Quinn, Oxford, playing someone out of position, youngsters, Ian Royal, and the Williams-Mutch-Swift combination.

Personally, I'd like to see Evans, Kelly, and Swift together when they're all in form, but I'm almost as happy with Joey in for Evans or Kelly.

For the future I'd say Evans, Kelly, Swift.

At the moment it's borderline between Evans and van den Berg, depending on form/injuries.
Williams we miss when he doesn't play (so only one I'd say is undroppable - which chimes with the manager) and Kelly/Swift is borderline, depending on form/injuries.

-------------vdb(Evans)
---Williams---Kelly(Swift)---

Basildon

by Basildon » 09 Mar 2017 14:23

I would go with Evans, Williams and Swift. Evans seems to bring stability whenever he plays. I know Williams splits opinions but I feel much more comfortable with him on the team sheet. And Swift (up until recently) has been one of our most influential players so far this season.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Mar 2017 14:24

Any combo of:
JVDB or Evans
Williams
Swift or Kelly

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 09 Mar 2017 15:12

Pepe the Horseman Any combo of:
JVDB or Evans
Williams
Swift or Kelly

+1

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 09 Mar 2017 15:12

Where's the Ian Royal option on this poll :?:

mambo3

by mambo3 » 09 Mar 2017 16:08

SCIAG We seem to use a different midfield three every match. Assuming we play 4-3-3 or similar (e.g. 5-2-3 with a midfielder at centre back), who would your first choice midfield three be?

Only if they are allowed to "express themselves".

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Mar 2017 16:21

I think you have to have Williams, he's the engine in midfield and we miss him when he's not playing. I think the only one who comes close to his sort of role is Quinn but I have no idea what standard he'll be at when he finally recovers from his injury.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Mar 2017 17:17

I'd be looking for a combination of:
Enforcer
Playmaker
Attacker

I'm inclined towards Evans, Kelly, Swift.

But I think Berg could combine enough of the enforcer and playmaker to allow room for Williams as a driving force and someone like Swift. Kelly and Swift ought to combine really well as they are both about passing and movement, Evans adds the more businesslike and slightly director options. Swift is frustrating as he seems to have a tendency to let games pass him by, but he is by far and away the most likely to pop up with a goal or moment of class anyway.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Mar 2017 17:19

maffff

At the moment it's borderline between Evans and van den Berg, depending on form/injuries.
Williams we miss when he doesn't play (so only one I'd say is undroppable - which chimes with the manager) and Kelly/Swift is borderline, depending on form/injuries.

-------------vdb(Evans)

Think this is totally fair. Both Kelly and Swift do need their exposure carefully watched so they don't get too much too soon and struggle.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 09 Mar 2017 18:10

Ian Royal
maffff

-------------vdb(Evans)

Think this is totally fair. Both Kelly and Swift do need their exposure carefully watched so they don't get too much too soon and struggle.

If we want to improve our chance in winning a game add swift our only flair player. If you want to defend Evans, williams, vdb.

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1