Sheffield Wednesday (A) Predictions

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Sheffield Wednesday (A) Predictions

by John Smith » 15 Mar 2017 10:10

CarlosTheOwl Hola mi amigos. Greetings from Sheffield.

Should be an interesting encounter and one which is certainly hard to predict before hand, although I suppose that is the nature of the Championship.

Worrying thing for ourselves is our absolutely wretched injury list. Pretty much our best 5-6 players were out injured against Villa and we've missed some of them for much longer. The spine of the team has been damaged for some months without Tom Lees and Kieran Lee.
Add Gary Hooper to that long term injury list. Sam Hutchinson, Forestieri, Abdi and McManaman all missed out against Villa then Sasso got sent off and Loovens (our only fit centre half) had to be subbed so basically we were down to club mascot Jose Semedo and a left back as our centre back pairing. Then our 2 best centre mids also out and most creative players Forestieri, Abdi and Macca. It's all a bit worrying.

:o

How many tickets have you guys shifted? Safe journey to all making the trip.

That's really promising news for us.

I'll be going with about 100 others. £33 though, can't really blame us...

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Mar 2017 11:19

Didn't know about Wednesday's injury list.

I'll revise my prediction from a 2-0 loss to a 1-0 loss.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Mar 2017 11:47

John Smith

Should be an interesting encounter and one which is certainly hard to predict before hand, although I suppose that is the nature of the Championship.

Worrying thing for ourselves is our absolutely wretched injury list. Pretty much our best 5-6 players were out injured against Villa and we've missed some of them for much longer. The spine of the team has been damaged for some months without Tom Lees and Kieran Lee.
Add Gary Hooper to that long term injury list. Sam Hutchinson, Forestieri, Abdi and McManaman all missed out against Villa then Sasso got sent off and Loovens (our only fit centre half) had to be subbed so basically we were down to club mascot Jose Semedo and a left back as our centre back pairing. Then our 2 best centre mids also out and most creative players Forestieri, Abdi and Macca. It's all a bit worrying.

If I can switch my shift from night to do Friday morning instead I'll be there too, because I'm a masochist self-loathing tool that clearly doesn't like; money, time, good foodball, winning.

Yay for the return of standard Reading away! It was nice seeing us win a few games this season but glad normal service is resumed.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Mar 2017 11:59

Our away attendances have been shocking this year, more so than usual. Is the ratio of northern clubs higher this year?

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 15 Mar 2017 12:58

Living in Sherwood Forest I'm only 27 miles from Hillsborough so will be there. Not too optimistic even with Wednesdays injury list given our away record against top teams.
Would be happy to grab a point.
If you have some sad loner trying to strike up a conversation with you that will prob be me lol.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 15 Mar 2017 13:03

pwb
No Fixed Abode Sheff Wed 5-0 Reading

2nd it!

Always look on the bright side of life.... :)

CarlosTheOwl

by CarlosTheOwl » 15 Mar 2017 13:35

John Smith

Aye well it'll be the same for home fans paying this week or on the day so I don't imagine the biggest of attendances. Even despite it being a significant game.

Warfield ED Stand

by Warfield ED Stand » 15 Mar 2017 15:41

Due to Wednesday supporting mates, this will be about my 5th visit for this game. I can only remember winning once in all that time. It was in the Rogers era just before he got sacked. Think Raziack scored?? My last visit was the 5. 1 (or 2?) and I was back in the City by full time.
Thus, I predict we will lose. I also, will be a sad loner

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Mar 2017 17:42

28 - 0 to Wednesday. Their injury list will get worse with their remaining strikers injuring themselves celebrating so much.

leon to go full retard.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 Mar 2017 15:54

leon leon to remain full retard.

Corrected m8

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Mar 2017 16:36

maffff
leon leon to remain full retard.

Corrected m8

That's actually brilliant. Gr8 work.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 16 Mar 2017 21:34

CountryRoyal
John Smith

If I can switch my shift from night to do Friday morning instead I'll be there too, because I'm a masochist self-loathing tool that clearly doesn't like; money, time, good foodball, winning.

Yay for the return of standard Reading away! It was nice seeing us win a few games this season but glad normal service is resumed.

We've sold 300 or so

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Mar 2017 21:41

Royal_jimmy
CountryRoyal
John Smith

We've sold 300 or so

350 when I phoned ticket office this am

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 Mar 2017 23:09

CountryRoyal
Royal_jimmy
CountryRoyal

We've sold 300 or so

and nearly a third of them are with John Smith.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Mar 2017 23:13

maffff
CountryRoyal
Royal_jimmy
We've sold 300 or so

We need more like him.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 17 Mar 2017 09:26

3-1 Sheffield Wednesday

We concede two goals in quick succession one of them being through a Tyler Blackett lapse of concentration AGAIN, followed by their winger cutting in from the left and getting an easy shot on goal due to Gunter standing off his man AGAIN.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 Mar 2017 13:14

maffff
CountryRoyal
Royal_jimmy
We've sold 300 or so

What can I say, I like to put my feet up on a few spares underneath my tartan picnic blanket

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 17 Mar 2017 13:32

Royal Monkey Living in Sherwood Forest I'm only 27 miles from Hillsborough so will be there. Not too optimistic even with Wednesdays injury list given our away record against top teams.
Would be happy to grab a point.
If you have some sad loner trying to strike up a conversation with you that will prob be me lol.

Hark at Robin over here.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Mar 2017 15:46

Despite Wednesdays injuries I can't see anything but another 3-0 loss. Our away form is atrocious.

Commiserations to the fans treking up there to suffer it, for a club that seems obsessed with attendances they can oxf*rd off with £33 tickets. Who do they think they are? Ipswich?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 17 Mar 2017 16:12

Logic and heart are telling me that we're going to get stuffed tonight. But something else something a little more spiritual is telling me we're going to sneak out of Sheffield with a point.