If RFC don't make the play-offs....

130 posts

If RFC don't make the playoffs will you

Go the full retard
8
11%
Pretend you're not bothered
33
45%
Ian Royal
32
44%
 
Total votes: 73
User avatar
Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Posts: 12087
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 21:46
Location: Doesn't really matter how, just so long as it's now. 

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by Platypuss » 20 Mar 2017 18:33

Image

User avatar
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 45504
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 13:43
Location: Playing spot the pc*nt on HNA?

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by Ian Royal » 20 Mar 2017 18:33

Ascotexgunner wrote:
Ian Royal wrote:
No Fixed Abode wrote:Who are the patronising big clubs Ian?

Utd, Liverpool, City, Spurs, Arsenal... you know. The big ones.


When it comes to patronising w*nkers I can't believe you didn't include Chelsea.....I'd love Abramovich to pull the plug on those p+icks. Sadly it won't happen but would be funny to watch them do a Blackpool or better still an Orient.....Those poor s+D's must be suffering.

Well, ok, I don't mind including the middling clubs like them, Newcastle, Everton, Saints, West Brom, Stoke, West Ham... they're all still big compared to us, right now anyway.





PS Whoosh, you dappy twerp

User avatar
No Fixed Abode
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 34452
Joined: 26 Apr 2009 11:30
Location: THE NATIONAL FRONT DISCO

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Mar 2017 19:02

Ascotexgunner wrote:
Ian Royal wrote:
No Fixed Abode wrote:Who are the patronising big clubs Ian?

Utd, Liverpool, City, Spurs, Arsenal... you know. The big ones.


When it comes to patronising w*nkers I can't believe you didn't include Chelsea.....


8)

User avatar
No Fixed Abode
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 34452
Joined: 26 Apr 2009 11:30
Location: THE NATIONAL FRONT DISCO

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Mar 2017 19:04

Ian Royal wrote:
Ascotexgunner wrote:
Ian Royal wrote:Utd, Liverpool, City, Spurs, Arsenal... you know. The big ones.


When it comes to patronising w*nkers I can't believe you didn't include Chelsea.....I'd love Abramovich to pull the plug on those p+icks. Sadly it won't happen but would be funny to watch them do a Blackpool or better still an Orient.....Those poor s+D's must be suffering.

Well, ok, I don't mind including the middling clubs like them, Newcastle, Everton, Saints, West Brom, Stoke, West Ham... they're all still big compared to us, right now anyway.





PS Whoosh, you dappy twerp


It's OK Ian. It's quite obvious you omitted Chelsea just to get a reaction. :lol:

User avatar
No Fixed Abode
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 34452
Joined: 26 Apr 2009 11:30
Location: THE NATIONAL FRONT DISCO

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Mar 2017 19:05

NewCorkSeth wrote:
Ian Royal wrote:
No Fixed Abode wrote:Who are the patronising big clubs Ian?

Utd, Liverpool, City, Spurs, Arsenal... you know. The big ones.

Burn.


Although Sean Dyche is doing a gr8 job, I wouldn't class them as a big club.


NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3007
Joined: 05 Jul 2013 00:17
Location: I want to bathe with you in the sea.

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Mar 2017 20:44

No Fixed Abode wrote:
NewCorkSeth wrote:
Ian Royal wrote:Utd, Liverpool, City, Spurs, Arsenal... you know. The big ones.

Burn.


Although Sean Dyche is doing a gr8 job, I wouldn't class them as a big club.

Swansea?

User avatar
bcubed
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2957
Joined: 30 Oct 2004 18:16
Location: Would do better with a stick of rhubarb

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by bcubed » 21 Mar 2017 00:39

Ian Royal wrote:
Ascotexgunner wrote:
Ian Royal wrote:Utd, Liverpool, City, Spurs, Arsenal... you know. The big ones.


When it comes to patronising w*nkers I can't believe you didn't include Chelsea.....I'd love Abramovich to pull the plug on those p+icks. Sadly it won't happen but would be funny to watch them do a Blackpool or better still an Orient.....Those poor s+D's must be suffering.

Well, ok, I don't mind including the middling clubs like them, Newcastle, Everton, Saints, West Brom, Stoke, West Ham... they're all still big compared to us, right now anyway.





PS Whoosh, you dappy twerp


It is just possible that ascot doesn't realise that NFA is a Chelsea fan. In which case it's a perfectly reasonable comment. And why would a fan of another club spend so much time on another clubs website?! There's no rational reason I can see so you can hardly blame ascot. Of course he may know this already in which case he is in fact a dappy twerp!

User avatar
Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 13413
Joined: 06 Jul 2004 08:39
Location: enjoying the money

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 21 Mar 2017 08:28

To fall out now would be a failure.
Going up would be great again.
This squad are far better prepared tha McD's imho.
And just perhaps the Thais wouldnt sell for a year or two.
Each year it gets harder as whoever comes down has so much money.

Newcastle champs, Huddersfield to pip Brighton, us to beat Brighton at Wembley.

Royal_jimmy
Member
Posts: 731
Joined: 10 Aug 2011 10:44
Location: Y26

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Mar 2017 08:37

Harpers So Solid Crew wrote:To fall out now would be a failure.
Going up would be great again.
This squad are far better prepared tha McD's imho.
And just perhaps the Thais wouldnt sell for a year or two.
Each year it gets harder as whoever comes down has so much money.

Newcastle champs, Huddersfield to pip Brighton, us to beat Brighton at Wembley.


That would be amazing! The meltdown on their 'massive' forum :lol: that'd be the best day of my life


User avatar
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 45504
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 13:43
Location: Playing spot the pc*nt on HNA?

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by Ian Royal » 21 Mar 2017 19:50

You're bringing me round hssc, seeing us win a POF at Wembley would definitely be magic. Especially at Brighton's expense.
Mind you, losing to them there doesn't bear thinking about.

Heavy Plob
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: 12 Apr 2013 12:41

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by Heavy Plob » 21 Mar 2017 23:45

Top Flight wrote:
Davezk wrote:
Top Flight wrote:
Well you are of the ipad/iphone generation. You want and expect instant gratification. Unfortunately in the real world it doesn't work like that. If you don't work at something and build properly you end up becoming a loser in the end.


In age but not mentality... I can live without instant gratification but the performances were poor with no sign of inprovement. Personally he should have been given more time but I still think the original post was a bit OTT on how good BM actually is.


You say that, but you judged his second stint as being dire because he wasn't able to instantly gratify you during that short period that he had in charge.

The problems at the club last season are well documented. He didn't really have a leg to stand on. And his hands were tied behind his back.


Top Flight wrote:
Davezk wrote:
Top Flight wrote:
He didn't really have a leg to stand on. And his hands were tied behind his back.


Right, this mental image is haunting me. Anyone else?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4797
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by CountryRoyal » 21 Mar 2017 23:58

Heavy Plob wrote:
Top Flight wrote:
Davezk wrote:
In age but not mentality... I can live without instant gratification but the performances were poor with no sign of inprovement. Personally he should have been given more time but I still think the original post was a bit OTT on how good BM actually is.


You say that, but you judged his second stint as being dire because he wasn't able to instantly gratify you during that short period that he had in charge.

The problems at the club last season are well documented. He didn't really have a leg to stand on. And his hands were tied behind his back.


Top Flight wrote:
Davezk wrote:


Right, this mental image is haunting me. Anyone else?


I'm actually finding it hilarious. :? :lol:

User avatar
Crowbar6753
Member
Posts: 135
Joined: 17 Aug 2015 23:25

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by Crowbar6753 » 22 Mar 2017 00:10

I think we'd be pretty well equipped for the top flight, we have some good players who would be well suited i think and with some quality additions to the squad provided by Jaap/Treverden we'd be ok. Lets face it, we played pretty dire for the first 30mins against ManU but once the stage fright subsided we pretty much held our own, and lets face it the top six are in a league of their own and we won't face that kind of opposition every week. The middle downwards are all beatable and nothing to special :D
Then there's the play offs, i could handle a defeat in the play offs itself, but to get to the final again, which, yes would be amazing, i really couldn't handle another defeat, especially if it was Tinpot Fc that would be to hard to take.


CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4797
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by CountryRoyal » 22 Mar 2017 00:53

I think we'd be disasterous in the prem as it stands. We concede so many chances every single game.

That being said, Thais or Chinese I think we'd be in a much better position to recruit necessary quality than we were last time out.

User avatar
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 45504
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 13:43
Location: Playing spot the pc*nt on HNA?

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by Ian Royal » 22 Mar 2017 08:39

CountryRoyal wrote:I think we'd be disasterous in the prem as it stands. We concede so many chances every single game.

That being said, Thais or Chinese I think we'd be in a much better position to recruit necessary quality than we were last time out.

I thought we looked terrified against Utd and our game plan has been proved largely ineffective against teams that are better than us, which even with additions would be the entire PL.

We've got the bones of something great, but we need a few more pieces and to be more able and comfortable at taking the game to the other team and being pressed high before we go up.

User avatar
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 17483
Joined: 10 Apr 2005 00:22
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by John Madejski's Wallet » 22 Mar 2017 09:31

Royal_jimmy wrote:
Harpers So Solid Crew wrote:To fall out now would be a failure.
Going up would be great again.
This squad are far better prepared tha McD's imho.
And just perhaps the Thais wouldnt sell for a year or two.
Each year it gets harder as whoever comes down has so much money.

Newcastle champs, Huddersfield to pip Brighton, us to beat Brighton at Wembley.


That would be amazing! The meltdown on their 'massive' forum :lol: that'd be the best day of my life

I would take a record lowest points tally in the prem just to beat Brighton in the play-off final :lol: :lol:

User avatar
stealthpapes
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11223
Joined: 05 Jun 2013 13:25
Location: proverbs 26:11

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by stealthpapes » 22 Mar 2017 09:40

Yup.

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 15420
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by genome » 22 Mar 2017 10:09

I think I would too. Beating Leeds in the semi would be LOLworthy too.

User avatar
Winston Smith
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 10584
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 16:09
Location: Ministry of Truth

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by Winston Smith » 22 Mar 2017 11:29

I am assuming a play off final with Brighton in would need to be moved to Camp Nou? (that's 'The New Camp' to all 1990's football fans out there)

The Informant
Member
Posts: 635
Joined: 20 Dec 2016 11:34

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by The Informant » 22 Mar 2017 12:10

Winston Smith wrote:I am assuming a play off final with Brighton in would need to be moved to Camp Nou? (that's 'The New Camp' to all 1990's football fans out there)


For the marginal difference in stadium size?

130 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rawlie19, Yahoo [Bot] and 29 guests

It is currently 24 Oct 2017 06:16