Ian Royal
44%

Total votes: 73
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: If RFC don't make the play-offs....

by Hendo » 16 Mar 2017 14:14

No Fixed Abode
Top Flight Those ppg stats are as meaningless as our possession stats this year under Stam.

McDermott won the title Clarke won Nothing.

Clarke would have got Reading to an FA Cup Semi Final penalty shootout if it wasn't for Adam Flapperici.

Corrected for you.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 16 Mar 2017 16:39

CountryRoyal I'll be a bit dissapointed considering we've been up there for so long, and it means we'd have to do pretty oxf*rd gash for the remainder of the season, but I won't lose any sleep over it as we would get annihilated anyway, a top 10 finish still represents improvement, I think we'll be in a better place come next season to mount a more serious challenge, and the premier league is a bit shit anyway.

This!!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 Mar 2017 10:28

marlowuk
CountryRoyal I'll be a bit dissapointed considering we've been up there for so long, and it means we'd have to do pretty oxf*rd gash for the remainder of the season, but I won't lose any sleep over it as we would get annihilated anyway, a top 10 finish still represents improvement, I think we'll be in a better place come next season to mount a more serious challenge, and the premier league is a bit shit anyway.

This!!

I just don't get this mentality "Failure is OK".

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 17 Mar 2017 10:39

No Fixed Abode
marlowuk

This!!

A top 10 finish would not be considered failure. It is success based on the circumstances and resource limitations that Jaap has worked within.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 Mar 2017 10:41

OK - I don't get this looking for excuses for failure mentality. Liverpool fans are very good at that. "Next season".

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 17 Mar 2017 10:48

marlowuk

This!!

Regardless of IF we were to go up this year or next, we are really going to be up against it financially as are any of the teams who are now going up.

What may seem like a huge £30 million transfer kitty in actual reality is only going to get you x3 top end Championship/Low end PL players that will make the team competitive in today's market and thats not even mentioning the signing on fees/wages in that.

That said, if we were to get that kind of money via PL football it would be very interesting to see what kind of players we would bring in via Brian Tevreden. No doubt there would be a couple of bargain buys in the mould of Beerens/Moore.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 17 Mar 2017 11:04

No Fixed Abode OK - I don't get this looking for excuses for failure mentality. Liverpool fans are very good at that. "Next season".

I don't think Liverpool have failed either based on their own resources and limitations. The only failure this season would be Chelsea if they are unable to win the Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League quadruple. Based on the resources that they have available to them they really ought to win all four. If not then that would be considered an absolute failure.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 20 Mar 2017 08:28

What's everyone's opinion if we fail to make the playoffs now in this position :wink:

I'd be gutted personally based on how longs left and the gap between us and 6th/7th but at the same time our record in the playoffs is complete gash. Surely we will win them this time even if we are a long way from being ready from the premier league!

Long term it'd probably be better we lose in the playoffs and try and strengthen and go again stronger (though we lose Kelly, Williams and McCleary)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Mar 2017 09:20

considering we are 5 pts clear, have dire Rotherham and a Wigan side not too far behind them both at home left to come, Wednesday have a game against Fulham - would be seriously disappointed if we didn't make the play offs now.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 20 Mar 2017 09:20

Top Flight
No Fixed Abode OK - I don't get this looking for excuses for failure mentality. Liverpool fans are very good at that. "Next season".

I don't think Liverpool have failed either based on their own resources and limitations..

:?: :?: :?:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 20 Mar 2017 09:59

BR0B0T
Top Flight

I don't think Liverpool have failed either based on their own resources and limitations..

:?: :?: :?:

I was just trying to wind him up Brobot. He was trying to troll me so I tried to troll him. Remember Kes is a Chelsea fan and a wind up merchant. It's just banter we're having. People don't actually believe half the sh*t they write Bro. Wise up.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 20 Mar 2017 11:37

No Fixed Abode
marlowuk

This!!

what failure?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Mar 2017 12:15

Royal_jimmy What's everyone's opinion if we fail to make the playoffs now in this position :wink:

I'd be gutted personally based on how longs left and the gap between us and 6th/7th but at the same time our record in the playoffs is complete gash. Surely we will win them this time even if we are a long way from being ready from the premier league!

Long term it'd probably be better we lose in the playoffs and try and strengthen and go again stronger (though we lose Kelly, Williams and McCleary)

I don't think we'll lose anyone we can't manage fine without. And I don't see a big exodus happening.

I don't have a probelm finishing below sixth as such, though I would have a problem with us ending the season very poorly. Mostly good results in the final three / five and I'm ecstatic.

Way worse than finishing 7th/8th for me would be seeing us lose at Wembley for a fourth time, or a season of losing to patronising big clubs followedby financial implosion.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Mar 2017 12:31

Who are the patronising big clubs Ian?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Mar 2017 12:33

No Fixed Abode Who are the patronising big clubs Ian?

Utd, Liverpool, City, Spurs, Arsenal... you know. The big ones.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Mar 2017 12:36

Ian Royal

Burn.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Mar 2017 14:00

Ian Royal

Well played.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 20 Mar 2017 16:22

I will console my self with the fact that my heart will be healthier. I hate the playoffs....great concept that it is.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 20 Mar 2017 16:27

Ian Royal

When it comes to patronising w*nkers I can't believe you didn't include Chelsea.....I'd love Abramovich to pull the plug on those p+icks. Sadly it won't happen but would be funny to watch them do a Blackpool or better still an Orient.....Those poor s+D's must be suffering.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 Mar 2017 16:28

:|

130 posts