BFTG - Wednesday (A)

3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Wednesday (A)

by 3points » 21 Mar 2017 21:32

Hound It's a fair point on the geography of the teams in the division. 15 of the teams are Birmingham or more northern and you have Ipswich and Norwich which are miles away

Inevitably a number of these away games have been away in midweek and the logistics of getting there and back obv affect the number who can make it

The away attendances at the London clubs were good, as I think they were at the westerly teams

There are also probably few people born in Reading who have moved to the north, so pretty much all the fans are travelling a long distance to get to the games
spot on. A lot of the "big clubs" have lots of displaced fans, especially in and around London making Reading an easy away game for people to get to. Also, a Villa supporting colleague said to me yesterday that it is almost impossible to get tickets for away games as they all want to visit grounds they might not have been to for a while.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - Wednesday (A)

by CountryRoyal » 21 Mar 2017 22:09

3points
Hound It's a fair point on the geography of the teams in the division. 15 of the teams are Birmingham or more northern and you have Ipswich and Norwich which are miles away

Inevitably a number of these away games have been away in midweek and the logistics of getting there and back obv affect the number who can make it

The away attendances at the London clubs were good, as I think they were at the westerly teams

There are also probably few people born in Reading who have moved to the north, so pretty much all the fans are travelling a long distance to get to the games
spot on. A lot of the "big clubs" have lots of displaced fans, especially in and around London making Reading an easy away game for people to get to. Also, a Villa supporting colleague said to me yesterday that it is almost impossible to get tickets for away games as they all want to visit grounds they might not have been to for a while.

Someone should tell them there's no rush, there will be plenty of opportunities to visit championship grounds :lol: