Leeds united

256 posts
Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Leeds united

by Silver Fox » 05 Apr 2017 15:33

genome
In a statement, United chief executive Ben Mansford said the club were “disappointed” with the length of the ban. “After careful consideration and consultation with the club, Liam pleaded guilty to the charges brought against him as he acknowledges that the coming together with Reece Oxford was reckless,” Mansford said. “However, in my experience Liam is an honest and genuine person who would never intend to hurt another player. “Liam is a leader and his influence in the dressing room will still play a major role in the remaining fixtures this season.” Speaking last night before the length of Cooper’s punishment was known, Monk voiced sympathy for him but admitted the defender was right to plead guilty. Cooper caught Oxford in the face with his boot during the second half at the Madejski Stadium and was cited by the FA ahead of yesterday’s trip to Griffin Park. Monk insisted that Cooper had not shown “intent” but United’s head coach conceded that the clash had been “reckless”. “We spoke to Liam and as a club we supported him,” Monk said. “We pleaded guilty to a reckless charge but 100 per cent we didn’t plead guilty to an intent charge. “We know Liam very well and as a person he’s not like that. One hundred per cent we didn’t plead guilty to an intent charge.

Caught in the face!? :lol:

Like that time Father Ted caught Bishop Brennan in the arse with his foot

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Apr 2017 15:59

on what planet is 'he is not that kind of player' any sort of defence?

He clearly is or else he wouldn't have done it. Idiotic comment, and absolutely anyone who watches, inc I suspect most Leeds fans, would agree it was intentional

Again, the lack of any sort of apology conspicuous by its absence

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Apr 2017 16:27

Hound on what planet is 'he is not that kind of player' any sort of defence?

He clearly is or else he wouldn't have done it. Idiotic comment, and absolutely anyone who watches, inc I suspect most Leeds fans, would agree it was intentional

Again, the lack of any sort of apology conspicuous by its absence

I agree... on a side note though,

I'm fed up of this apologetic age where everyone says sorry for shit and stuff they regret doing. Man the oxf*rd up. You're not sorry so don't say it, stand by your actions.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Apr 2017 20:06

Excuse me, I'm off to just go and recklessly stamp on my neighbour's face by accident. You'll all back me up when the police are called, right? I didn't intend to do it, yeah?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Apr 2017 20:25

but.....you are "that kind've a bloke" Ian

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 05 Apr 2017 20:55

WAZZOCK Why the oxf*rd do Leeds sing 'Champions of Europe'?

Never won the European Cup and haven't won a European trophy in 40 years.

I think it is reference to the 1975 European Cup (Champions League) Final versus Bayern Munich in which Leeds dominated but following some genuinely diabolical refereeing, were finally beaten 2-0.
With the score at 0-0 and Leeds rampaging, two quite clear cut penalties were waved away before peter Lorimer smashed one in to seemingly put Leeds one up. The Referee pointed to the centre circle and the Linesman ran to take up his position for the restart. However, Bayern Munich were EUFAS favourite team at the time and with some players protesting Man Utd style, they convinced the Ref to wrongly change his mind. This broke Leeds and Bayern Munich scored two late ones to piss on the Leeds fireworks.
Leeds fans understandly went mental, ripped the stadium apart, bombarded the officials with seats, smashed up large parts of Paris and received a lengthy ban.
What was suprising is that as a result, Eufa considered doing away with the competition all together.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Apr 2017 21:00

So a rather less tragic version of our playoff game against Bolton then ?
Which we responded to by shrugging our shoulders and tutting under our breath.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Apr 2017 22:39

Although what Leeds fans tend to omit is that two Bayern defenders suffered career ending injuries in the first half after fouls by Terry Yorath and Frank Gray

Of the 2 penalties, yeah, one was a foul on Alan Clarke, the other, the ball struck Beckenbauer's arm as he was lying on the ground. The disallowed goal? Bremner was offside but arguably not interfering with play even though he was inside the 6yd box.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Apr 2017 09:14

From Despair To Where? Although what Leeds fans tend to omit is that two Bayern defenders suffered career ending injuries in the first half after fouls by Terry Yorath and Frank Gray

Of the 2 penalties, yeah, one was a foul on Alan Clarke, the other, the ball struck Beckenbauer's arm as he was lying on the ground. The disallowed goal? Bremner was offside but arguably not interfering with play even though he was inside the 6yd box.

Of course, back then it didn't matter if you were interfering with play or not, if you were in an offside position when the ball was played, you were offside, regardless of the situation.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Apr 2017 10:26

AthleticoSpizz but.....you are "that kind've a bloke" Ian

Nah - he's only 'ard on here not in real life.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Apr 2017 10:30

The old Cloughism, "If you're not interfering with play, what the bloody hell are you doing on the pitch." Leeds fans contend he was pushed into an offside position by an unscrupulous German defender.

In fairness to Leeds, both the referee and the linesman gave the goal until Beckenbauer bent their ears.

Maybe there was some unfairness going on but the game kicked off with a career ending foul by Yorath in the 2nd minute and that's the crux with the Revie side, it was a phenomenally talented team that could have won titles playing fairly but it chose to play dirty.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 06 Apr 2017 13:07

genome

I know Dacia's are cheap....but the way that bonnet has crumpled is ridiculous. It even has imprints from the tread!!!!

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 06 Apr 2017 15:56

:shock:

Looks like a bit of tin foil.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 06 Apr 2017 21:47

oldebiscuit
WAZZOCK Why the oxf*rd do Leeds sing 'Champions of Europe'?

Never won the European Cup and haven't won a European trophy in 40 years.

I think it is reference to the 1975 European Cup (Champions League) Final versus Bayern Munich in which Leeds dominated but following some genuinely diabolical refereeing, were finally beaten 2-0.
With the score at 0-0 and Leeds rampaging, two quite clear cut penalties were waved away before peter Lorimer smashed one in to seemingly put Leeds one up. The Referee pointed to the centre circle and the Linesman ran to take up his position for the restart. However, Bayern Munich were EUFAS favourite team at the time and with some players protesting Man Utd style, they convinced the Ref to wrongly change his mind. This broke Leeds and Bayern Munich scored two late ones to piss on the Leeds fireworks.
Leeds fans understandly went mental, ripped the stadium apart, bombarded the officials with seats, smashed up large parts of Paris and received a lengthy ban.
What was suprising is that as a result, Eufa considered doing away with the competition all together.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 07 Apr 2017 18:32

Our friend from the North is back: :D

https://youtu.be/gf0569TZsCg

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 23 Apr 2017 18:21

Anyone heard from MOT?! :lol:

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 23 Apr 2017 19:36

On reading Garry Monk's comments on defeat to Burton (" I think it was an extremely unfair result"), I thought that this was very ungracious. He has gone down even more in my estimation.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Apr 2017 20:21

glass half full On reading Garry Monk's comments on defeat to Burton (" I think it was an extremely unfair result"), I thought that this was very ungracious. He has gone down even more in my estimation.

The same Gary Monk that said they deserved something when we beat them. the guy is a turd. him and Leeds deserve each other.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Apr 2017 22:15

windermereROYAL
glass half full On reading Garry Monk's comments on defeat to Burton (" I think it was an extremely unfair result"), I thought that this was very ungracious. He has gone down even more in my estimation.

The same Gary Monk that said they deserved something when we beat them. the guy is a turd. him and Leeds deserve each other.

He claimed they deserved something from their second half performance, a half where Al Habsi had 1 save to make, in injury time from a shot so ferocious that he had time to make a cup of tea before casually reaching down and collecting the ball one handed as it hurtled towards the goal line at the speed of an asthmatic sloth in a coma. In fact their best chance came from Al Habsi misfielding a wayward dribbler of a shot.

They're a functional, workmanlike team who's expectations at the start of the season were no greater than ours. Suddenly they've spent half the season in the playoffs piggybacking on the form of a player who's having the season of his life, the expectation rises and they collapse like a house of cards and the first hint of pressure. Monk's struggling, he's under pressure and he hasn't got the goodwill of a ten year playing career with the club to fall back on so he's looking for any old bullshit excuse.

double d

by double d » 23 Apr 2017 22:27

Glad that Leeds scum are bottling it. They are my most hated team.

256 posts