Leeds united

256 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Leeds united

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Apr 2017 14:32

Its a bit shit really isnt it? Admittedly its of its time but its time was fuel shortages, mass unemployment, the 3 day week and a bunch of cloggers winning the title. But yeah, mainly because it's associated with a bunch of knuckle dragging halfwits.

I once worked with someone who had it as his ring tone. Every time he got a call, I wanted to stamp on his phone.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Apr 2017 16:38

Kingsley Junior Was anyone else in the After Dark on Saturday Night? It kicked off somewhat for a while between Leeds and Reading fans, as far as I could make out.

Wasn't sure who was who in the scuffles so not sure which side were being the bigger bellends but was all rather pathetic. A couple of friends were outside smoking as people were getting kicked out and the chanting continued outside but they're not 'football friends' so weren't able to give an accurate interpretation of the chants and goading.

Spoiled the evening somewhat - was enjoying a good night out unrelated to football with the added personal satisfaction of having really enjoyed a good game and great performance. Hadn't even realised there were Leeds fans in there at first - they must have been chanting Leeds for a bit before it kicked off as my mate Leigh thought his name was being chanted...

I was there. I can't really embellish on anything you've said apart from that there were two groups shouting football chants at eachother, followed by maybe 10 of each set of supporters being ejected and continuing outside. I think a few came back in after but I didn't bother going out to see what happened.

Plenty of Leeds fans in other pubs in town in the evening as well but all relatively well behaved, albeit absolutely steaming.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Apr 2017 20:20

paultheroyal Thick question alert - but why is the mot song always boo'd - just because its Leeds?

For the same reason we boo Delilah when Stoke visit? It's the best way to try to drown them out?

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 03 Apr 2017 21:53

mot So if this was the play offs we would be through on 2-1.......
I,m still convinced we will be meeting in May Home and Away

But it wasn't, was it!

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 04 Apr 2017 07:35

RoyalBlue
paultheroyal Thick question alert - but why is the mot song always boo'd - just because its Leeds?

For the same reason we boo Delilah when Stoke visit? It's the best way to try to drown them out?

But that just provides the reaction they are looking for doesn't it? I think it's better to ignore it or sing your own song

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 04 Apr 2017 07:48

Best not get too carried away with how ineffective Wood was.

Considering he had been to New Zealand and back in the previous fortnight.

Could bite us on the Arse in a few weeks.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Apr 2017 10:13

Nothing to do with our defence then?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 04 Apr 2017 10:25

genome A m8 of mine came back to find his car window smashed and bonnet dented.

They just can't handle being beat by little old Reading.

Seriously though - how do you know it was Leeds fan(s) that did this? Was it on CCTV or something?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 04 Apr 2017 10:27

genome
mot
Ian Royal Yeah, it's a total coincidence that it's never happened before and Leeds fans happened to be kicking off all over the shop.

So it must have been Leeds fans......might as well blame them for the few burglaries and muggings that took place last night. I dont buy this claim and I have heard nothing about it either.

rofl. Have you met Reading fans? You honestly think we'd be capable of that?

Not once has that ever happened before, and as soon as Leeds turn up, who have a bit of a reputation for causing trouble, it couldn't possibly be them.

Head in the sand there, I feel.

To be fair to mot here - I've had my car vandalised and broken into whilst visiting the Mad Stad before. It's quite common if you park near Acre Road etc.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 04 Apr 2017 10:31

Kingsley Junior Was anyone else in the After Dark on Saturday Night? It kicked off somewhat for a while between Leeds and Reading fans, as far as I could make out.

Wasn't sure who was who in the scuffles so not sure which side were being the bigger bellends but was all rather pathetic. A couple of friends were outside smoking as people were getting kicked out and the chanting continued outside but they're not 'football friends' so weren't able to give an accurate interpretation of the chants and goading.

Spoiled the evening somewhat - was enjoying a good night out unrelated to football with the added personal satisfaction of having really enjoyed a good game and great performance. Hadn't even realised there were Leeds fans in there at first - they must have been chanting Leeds for a bit before it kicked off as my mate Leigh thought his name was being chanted...

Yep. I was in the AD on Saturday. Saw a tiny scuffle by the front bar, no more than handbags. Couple of people were ejected. No idea if it was football related though. What time did this happen? I got in there about 12:30am.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Apr 2017 10:49

No Fixed Abode
genome A m8 of mine came back to find his car window smashed and bonnet dented.

They just can't handle being beat by little old Reading.

Seriously though - how do you know it was Leeds fan(s) that did this? Was it on CCTV or something?

No proof. Just don't think it's a coincidence that they park there and it's never happened to them until Saturday, when Leeds fans turn up, who a) have a history of vandalism b) got into trouble outside the ground before the game (can't think of that happening before either) c) threw bottles at our players and coins at fans d) by all accounts were abusive to Reading fans on the way home.

If it's proven it was not Leeds fans who smashed them up, I'll hold my hands up. But no smoke without fire, I think.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Apr 2017 10:55

Kingsley Junior they must have been chanting Leeds for a bit before it kicked off as my mate Leigh thought his name was being chanted...
You're mates with Leigh United as well? - small world.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Apr 2017 11:01

If the cars were damaged during the game won't most Leeds fans have a pretty decent alibi?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Apr 2017 11:10

No apparently police were called out by locals before kick off.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 04 Apr 2017 11:44

genome No apparently police were called out by locals before kick off.

Where did this vandalism occur? Like I said, Acre Road and around that area is well known for car break ins whilst football is on.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Apr 2017 12:01

No Fixed Abode
genome
mot
So it must have been Leeds fans......might as well blame them for the few burglaries and muggings that took place last night. I dont buy this claim and I have heard nothing about it either.

rofl. Have you met Reading fans? You honestly think we'd be capable of that?

Not once has that ever happened before, and as soon as Leeds turn up, who have a bit of a reputation for causing trouble, it couldn't possibly be them.

Head in the sand there, I feel.

To be fair to mot here - I've had my car vandalised and broken into whilst visiting the Mad Stad before. It's quite common if you park near Acre Road etc.

That's just because it's you.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Apr 2017 12:02

genome No apparently police were called out by locals before kick off.

Fair enough, I was confused by the getreading report (obviously, bad journos) which said during the match but also that the po-po were called at 5.22

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Apr 2017 12:06

Cooper charged with violent conduct.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Apr 2017 12:15

Sanguine Cooper charged with violent conduct.

What a shock

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 04 Apr 2017 12:28

BBC Leeds United defender Liam Cooper has been charged with violent conduct after an alleged stamp on Reading's Reece Oxford.

The incident, which was not seen by the match officials, occurred in the 75th minute of Saturday's Championship match, which Reading won 1-0.

If found guilty, Cooper, 25, could face a longer ban than the standard three matches, the Football Association said.

The defender has until 18:00 BST on Tuesday to respond to the charge.

A panel of three former top-level referees will review the video footage to determine whether Cooper committed an act of violent conduct.

The FA said it had submitted a claim that the usual three-match ban was "clearly insufficient".

256 posts