Leeds united

256 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Leeds united

by genome » 04 Apr 2017 12:29

No action taken on Tyler Blackett either (which is the right decision). Off to view the Leeds twitter meLOLtdown

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Apr 2017 12:59

Shame it wasn't one of their better players who would be a miss for them for the rest of the season, but if Pontus isn't back for a bit then they have no other defenders.

Re watching it again and it is utterly disgraceful, I know its sport and a game and things happen, but not when it's clear they are intentional, at what point could there ever be a crossover or additional legal ramifications? You do that on the street and you get done for gbh/assualt.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Apr 2017 13:22

Agree, not one for hyperbole, but that was assault. It reflects very badly on Monk as well, who I personally quite liked, to defend it

What kind of player does that seriously? Not like Oxford had been provoking him all game either

I don't think banning him to the end of the season is off the cards and I think that is what will happen.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Apr 2017 13:27

It'll be a 5 game ban, I reckon.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 04 Apr 2017 13:28

genome It'll be a 5 game ban, I reckon.

Probably. Parity with Mings is probably right for this.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 04 Apr 2017 13:35

Even though this guy can barely string a coherent sentence together he does seem to grasp the general idea:

https://youtu.be/-HQZHjTDF70

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Apr 2017 13:37

Hound Agree, not one for hyperbole, but that was assault. It reflects very badly on Monk as well, who I personally quite liked, to defend it

What kind of player does that seriously? Not like Oxford had been provoking him all game either

I don't think banning him to the end of the season is off the cards and I think that is what will happen.

I really don't like the " he's not that sort of player defence" because clearly he is.

Better for a manager to say "we'll review the footage and decide if any action is necessary" than come out and defend the player. Doesn't make you look quite as much of an arse when the FA charge him with violent conduct and comment that the standard 3 match ban isn't sufficient punishment.

It strikes me that when a challenge like that is accidental, the player's initial reaction is usually to see if the other player is ok.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 04 Apr 2017 14:14

genome No action taken on Tyler Blackett either (which is the right decision).

IMO the wrong decision. Having seen the replays since I fall firmly on the side of he meant it.

Happy though as Leeds fans trying to defend Cooper's actions by citing the Blackett incident are complete and utter morons.

FA should stamp this out the game with a 7 match ban or something similar.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Apr 2017 14:39

From Despair To Where?
Hound Agree, not one for hyperbole, but that was assault. It reflects very badly on Monk as well, who I personally quite liked, to defend it

I really don't like the " he's not that sort of player defence" because clearly he is.

Better for a manager to say "we'll review the footage and decide if any action is necessary" than come out and defend the player. Doesn't make you look quite as much of an arse when the FA charge him with violent conduct and comment that the standard 3 match ban isn't sufficient punishment.

It strikes me that when a challenge like that is accidental, the player's initial reaction is usually to see if the other player is ok.

I'd agree that it would be better for a manager to say that. I just wish there was honesty in interviews it make it so much more interesting.

"Yeah well in all honesty you should see him around the training ground, hes a total pcunt and I can definitely believe he'd do something like that, funny lad though"

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 04 Apr 2017 15:37

Muskrat wrote:
Even though this guy can barely string a coherent sentence together he does seem to grasp the general idea:

Blimey that was hard going. Spit it out man.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 04 Apr 2017 16:46

Hope Cooper gets a 6 match ban then slips in the shower before game back and bangs his head in the shower so he knows what it's like getting your head whacked

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Apr 2017 16:51

But didn't you know, Liam Cooper isn't that type of player. He volunteers at a pony sanctuary in his spare time.

mot

by mot » 04 Apr 2017 16:55

genome
No Fixed Abode
genome A m8 of mine came back to find his car window smashed and bonnet dented.

They just can't handle being beat by little old Reading.

Seriously though - how do you know it was Leeds fan(s) that did this? Was it on CCTV or something?

No proof. Just don't think it's a coincidence that they park there and it's never happened to them until Saturday, when Leeds fans turn up, who a) have a history of vandalism b) got into trouble outside the ground before the game (can't think of that happening before either) c) threw bottles at our players and coins at fans d) by all accounts were abusive to Reading fans on the way home.

If it's proven it was not Leeds fans who smashed them up, I'll hold my hands up. But no smoke without fire, I think.

Hang on, shouldn't you have proof it was Leeds fans first before you sling mud about. As one poster has already pointed out. The Leeds fans were in the ground when this happened. Jumping to conclusions :oops: :oops:

wiggso

by wiggso » 04 Apr 2017 17:06

LWJ

IMO the wrong decision. Having seen the replays since I fall firmly on the side of he meant it.

Happy though as Leeds fans trying to defend Cooper's actions by citing the Blackett incident are complete and utter morons.

Where are the replays of it? I cant find any

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 04 Apr 2017 17:15

wiggso
LWJ

https://twitter.com/WALM0T33/status/849 ... evealed%2F

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Apr 2017 17:51

Brum Royal
genome It'll be a 5 game ban, I reckon.

Probably. Parity with Mings is probably right for this.

I thought there was potentially an argument for Mings being accidental due to a slip just before. Even if it wasn't, personally I think Cooper's is significantly worse. But I think you're right that it'll be 5.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Apr 2017 17:56

LWJ
wiggso
LWJ IMO the wrong decision. Having seen the replays since I fall firmly on the side of he meant it.

I think that's the worst view of and I still don't think it's intentional. I'd be quite happy to slam one of our players for doing it too.

From multiple angles and a longer build up, you can see there's a strong intent from both to win the ball. Blackett is his usual slightly awkward self. But just watch that video a few times and ask yourself, given where the ball is going and Blackett's body shape, how can he try to get to it without bring the right side of his body round and his arm through that space. He's clearly focused on the ball, and IMO trying to get passed Wood, not do him with an elbow.

Personally, I'd trust 3 elite professional refs on this one.... but I would say that, seeing as they found in our favour in both cases and agree with me.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 04 Apr 2017 18:12

LWJ
wiggso
LWJ IMO the wrong decision. Having seen the replays since I fall firmly on the side of he meant it.

Ha in slow mo and from that angle it looks bad. In real speed less so. He's looking at the ball and its little more than a misaligned shoulder barge.
Last edited by Jagermesiter1871 on 04 Apr 2017 18:15, edited 1 time in total.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 04 Apr 2017 18:14

Muskrat Even though this guy can barely string a coherent sentence together he does seem to grasp the general idea:

Tbf it's just what they don't need right now.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Apr 2017 18:46

mot
genome No proof. Just don't think it's a coincidence that they park there and it's never happened to them until Saturday, when Leeds fans turn up, who a) have a history of vandalism b) got into trouble outside the ground before the game (can't think of that happening before either) c) threw bottles at our players and coins at fans d) by all accounts were abusive to Reading fans on the way home.

If it's proven it was not Leeds fans who smashed them up, I'll hold my hands up. But no smoke without fire, I think.

Hang on, shouldn't you have proof it was Leeds fans first before you sling mud about. As one poster has already pointed out. The Leeds fans were in the ground when this happened. Jumping to conclusions :oops: :oops:

More than enough history for me to comfortably make that assertion.

And as I said, police were called before kick-off. Reading comprehension :oops: :oops:

256 posts