Back from the game - Leeds (H)

133 posts
PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

Back from the game - Leeds (H)

by PistolPete » 01 Apr 2017 19:31

Great result and shows our play off rivals that we're here to fight not just pass the ball.

Kermogant was superb, great passes, finish and battle.

Kelly has become integral to the way we play, Mutch isn't half the player.

Really hope Obita isn't out for long as Blackett still doesn't convince me (perhaps only on the left of a back 3).

Moore needs a minimum 3 game ban, typical Leeds and apart from anything else, cowardly.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Back from the game - Leeds (H)

by BR0B0T » 01 Apr 2017 19:32

PistolPete Great result and shows our play off rivals that we're here to fight not just pass the ball.

Really hope Obita isn't out for long as Blackett still doesn't convince me (perhaps only on the left of a back 3).

Moore needs a minimum 3 game ban, typical Leeds and apart from anything else, cowardly.

Moore?

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 01 Apr 2017 19:33

PistolPete Great result and shows our play off rivals that we're here to fight not just pass the ball.

Moore?

We should really have wrapped it up in the first half but solid defending saw us through.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 01 Apr 2017 19:35

Dirty northern bastards

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Apr 2017 19:36

Liam Cooper is a prick. Totally intentional.

Par for the course with Leeds, though.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 01 Apr 2017 19:37

That was great fun and a perfect example of why sport is better in person than on TV. I took the piss out of the plastics turning up today but fair f*cks to them the atmosphere was excellent.

Williams was good, Blackett was abysmal, as was Beerens' shooting.

The stamp was sickening, I hope he gets a ban. I think the only person on the pitch who knew who actually did it was Blackett who went strait to him and got in his face.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 01 Apr 2017 19:40

BR0B0T

Moore?

Cooper, sorry.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Apr 2017 19:40

Al-Habsi - 7 Did everything he had to, some good distribution. One hairy minute but it was going wide anyway and we weren't punished at the corner.
Gunter - 7 annoys the hell out of me, but was fine
Moore - 8 rock
Blackett - 7 looks about a half second from a bad error half the time, but was actually pretty solid
Obita - 7 good performance, hope the injury isn't serious.
Kelly - 8 very composed player and put himself about too
Williams - 7 few of his usual flaws and a positively busy, energetic performance
Swift - 6 maybe I just missed spotting a lot of what he did, but I thought he was pretty quiet bar some excellent touches
McCleary - 7 had quiet stretches, but caused Leeds problems and probably should have scored
Beerens - 7 similar to McCleary, but definitely should have scored at least one of his chances
Kermorgant - 9 MotM put all his usual good work in defence and holding up / spreading the ball in attack, plus a thumping finish

Grabban - 6 held the ball up well at the end
Mutch - meh, can't say I saw him do anything of note
Oxford - 7 held solid for a clean sheet despite receiving a stamp to the head

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Apr 2017 19:44

10539.4 Miles Away Dirty northern bastards

Undefendable. Hope they come down hard on the oxf*rd.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Apr 2017 19:45

Ian Royal Al-Habsi - 7 Did everything he had to, some good distribution. One hairy minute but it was going wide anyway and we weren't punished at the corner.
Moore - 8 rock
Blackett - 7 looks about a half second from a bad error half the time, but was actually pretty solid
Williams - 7 few of his usual flaws and a positively busy, energetic performance
Swift - 6 maybe I just missed spotting a lot of what he did, but I thought he was pretty quiet bar some excellent touches
McCleary - 7 had quiet stretches, but caused Leeds problems and probably should have scored
Beerens - 7 similar to McCleary, but definitely should have scored at least one of his chances
Kermorgant - 9 MotM put all his usual good work in defence and holding up / spreading the ball in attack, plus a thumping finish

Access to the highlights early? Or do I infer correctly that you actually went? :o

Pfffft glory supporter ;)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Apr 2017 19:51

missed the Cooper oxf*rd thing

But that was disgraceful

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Apr 2017 19:52

CountryRoyal
Ian Royal Al-Habsi - 7 Did everything he had to, some good distribution. One hairy minute but it was going wide anyway and we weren't punished at the corner.
Moore - 8 rock

Access to the highlights early? Or do I infer correctly that you actually went? :o

It was on TV mate.

I'm still on self-imposed exile. But I've got a ST for next year.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 01 Apr 2017 20:00

Ian Royal
CountryRoyal
Moore - 8 rock

It was on TV mate.

prem glory boy :? :wink:

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 01 Apr 2017 20:01

Ian Royal
CountryRoyal
Moore - 8 rock

It was on TV mate.

So its relegation then regardless of which league we'll be in!

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 01 Apr 2017 20:02

CountryRoyal
10539.4 Miles Away Dirty northern bastards

Undefendable. Hope they come down hard on the oxf*rd.

Surely given it was on TV and is so blatant its unbelievable then he has to get a ban. 3 games is bollocks - should be 5 + a months wages as a fine.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Apr 2017 20:03

Outstanding performance all round. Kept our discipline throughout, and were the better side without a doubt

Thing I like most about this team is when the opposition resorts to hoofing it into the middle and trying to physically intimidate - we don't just stand up to it, but comfortably repel and are more than happy to put a foot in as well. Of all of Stam's achievements, hat to me is his best

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 01 Apr 2017 20:04

Well then.
What a wonderfully complete performance that was.
Apart from poor finishing I thought man to man we were excellent today.
Very composed and patient and we were far the better side.
Everybody put in a shift and some real battling gutsy performances.
Atmosphere was excellent. Leeds fans are a disgrace and made a bit of a show of themselves if you ask me.
Quite a few around me in the upper west which pissed me off a bit but boy did I celebrate passionately and boy did they not like it :lol:

Take a bow boys. More of the same please.
Urrrrzzzz

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Apr 2017 20:06

Ian Royal
CountryRoyal
Moore - 8 rock

It was on TV mate.

True! Id completely forgotten. Think we need to change the narrative we're always gash on the box after that.

K.URZ13

by K.URZ13 » 01 Apr 2017 20:08

We totally outclassed Leeds today. Our passing was crisp and purposeful and we showed some steel at the back. Shout outs to Kermorgant, Kelly and Williams but the whole team was excellent. I'd fancy us over 2 legs against Leeds.

It doesn't matter if we're ready for the Premier League or not, it would be unbelievably good to achieve promotion. And now i'm starting to think we just might.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Apr 2017 20:09

agree Emerald....great performance one and all.

Leeds fans "reverting to type" when convenient

Cooper should get at least a 3 game retrospective ban

133 posts