BFTG - Rov'rum

3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Rov'rum

by 3points » 18 Apr 2017 14:51

Agreed. Also thought the centre half, no 9, and the keeper werepretty decent. Rotherham were not the worst team to come to the Madesjki this year imo

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Apr 2017 14:57

Top Flight When we played at Elm Park, probably 20% of the fans went there just to get angry and abuse someone. So we have definitely improved in that regard. RFC has gone through a process of gentrification. Soon a Costa coffee will open in the concourses and a Waitrose will spring up outside the East Stand selling prawn sandwiches to Ian Royal and the like.

Bullcrap as usual.

The Informant

by The Informant » 18 Apr 2017 15:12

Ian Royal used to shop at Waitrose until they changed the manager in his local store.

He then handed back his reward card along with a nasty letter and refused to shop there again.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 18 Apr 2017 15:41

Thought no.4 Vaulks had a pretty reasonable game too. Put a hell of a shift in. Credit to the ref as well. That's two decent ones in a row we've had a home.

I thought he was lucky not to have seen red after clattering WIlliams from behind twice.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 18 Apr 2017 15:56

The Informant Ian Royal used to shop at Waitrose until they changed the manager in his local store.

He then handed back his reward card along with a nasty letter and refused to shop there again.

#ComedyGenius

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Apr 2017 16:33

Vision
Maguire Not been to a whole lot of games this season but I enjoyed yesterday. Very flat first half but much more dynamic after HT and deserved the win.

- Meite isn't very good
- I like Swift as a player but he had a shocker until he scored
- Kelly was excellent, very continental in the way he keeps the ball moving
- Williams a clear MOTM

The main negative though is that I genuinely don't think Reading fans really understand football.

This season has surpassed any credible expectation but all I heard was "why are you going backwards?" "get it forwards Reading" "booooo" and other idiotic proclamations. Do people's memories get wiped every time they leave the ground like Men In Black so no matter how many matches they attend they have to learn the game all over again?

I knew it was going to be long arduous season when early on in the season I heard some bright spark abusing Stam with a "you can't win if you don't go forward". We were 2-0 up at the time.

Heard the same words in Upper West

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 18 Apr 2017 16:50

BR2 I know a lot of you divs are so pissed up at games that you don't see the opposition but I thought their centre-back was commanding in the air to the extent that Yann hardly won a challenge.
Checked him out last night- he has a bit of a pedigree as an Arsenal youngster but was bought by Cardiff and has been on loan at Rotherham where I guess he has been quite busy.

Yeah agree- he played well. Saw Stam after the final whistle have a quick chat with him/ shook his hand when on the pitch - so I guess he saw something good there too.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 18 Apr 2017 16:52

Top Flight
BR2
Top Flight
Apart from when Kermie outjumped him and thumped a header which the goalie did well to tip over the bar.

I'm not absolutely certain if he was marking him for that cross but if so, yes once in 90 minutes.

I'm not sure either. Not sure which of their centre backs was the one you meant.

Ayali

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Apr 2017 17:39

El Diablo
BR2 I know a lot of you divs are so pissed up at games that you don't see the opposition but I thought their centre-back was commanding in the air to the extent that Yann hardly won a challenge.
Checked him out last night- he has a bit of a pedigree as an Arsenal youngster but was bought by Cardiff and has been on loan at Rotherham where I guess he has been quite busy.

Yeah agree- he played well. Saw Stam after the final whistle have a quick chat with him/ shook his hand when on the pitch - so I guess he saw something good there too.

Signed in the summer

mambo3

by mambo3 » 18 Apr 2017 20:08

paultheroyal
El Diablo

Signed in the summer

Have you seen rotherham stats?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Apr 2017 20:22

To be fair, they had some absolutely terrible players as well. Their LB particularly seemed to wave McCleary past him time and again 2nd half. The lad that scored was pretty useless as well

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Apr 2017 10:41

mambo3
paultheroyal
El Diablo

Signed in the summer

Have you seen rotherham stats?

Did you see Joseph Mendes stats?

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 19 Apr 2017 13:11

Maguire Not been to a whole lot of games this season but I enjoyed yesterday. Very flat first half but much more dynamic after HT and deserved the win.

- Meite isn't very good
- I like Swift as a player but he had a shocker until he scored
- Kelly was excellent, very continental in the way he keeps the ball moving
- Williams a clear MOTM

The main negative though is that I genuinely don't think Reading fans really understand football.

This season has surpassed any credible expectation but all I heard was "why are you going backwards?" "get it forwards Reading" "booooo" and other idiotic proclamations. Do people's memories get wiped every time they leave the ground like Men In Black so no matter how many matches they attend they have to learn the game all over again?

:D I think you have a point

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 19 Apr 2017 13:17

BR2
Hampshire Royal Fair enough. It dinarf look like a head butt from where I was sitting!!

Very much agree with you HR and Williams does have history.
The daft thing was that the kick( for which their player was booked) rather than giving Danny a broken leg ,which he would have us believe, actually served to spur him on to be our most effective player.

IMHO Beerens is comfortable (not his best game yesterday) on either the right or left whereas McCleary, one of our most important players, is uncomfortable on the left and is only half the player that he is when out on the right as shown in the second half.

BTW regarding time-wasting, the ref could have added on time in the first half with all of our time-wasting (Moore-Blackett, Blackett-Moore etc.) :wink:

Disagree, i've watched some good performances from him on the left fulham to mention one. Ideal when cutting in onto his right foot