Who do you want to miss out on the play offs?

Who do you want to miss out on the play-offs?

Reading
3%
Huddersfield
3%
Sheffield Wednesday
3%
Fulham
31%
Leeds
47%
Ian Royal
14%

Total votes: 111
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Who do you want to miss out on the play offs?

by leon » 20 Apr 2017 19:23

Fulham - because I cannot stand their pseudo-Arsenal of the Championship fans or the media's obsession with their shitty ground.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 20 Apr 2017 20:49

Fulham for me....I think they would win the playoffs......however the ultimate scenario is Fulham v Wednesday both needing a point to keep Leeds out of the playoffs and deciding to have a kick about for 90 minutes. The fallout would be class.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2017 21:36

NewCorkSeth
Ian Royal Leeds for every single reason. They're so wound up by our recent victory they'll be desperate to beat us at any cost and will also happily kick us off the park.

On our day we'll beat anyone, Leeds are on the face of it the easiest, but their whole attitude makes me think we'd struggle to have our day.

Sorry to disappoint, but I expect to be there.

Have you ever won a poll?

No idea.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Apr 2017 21:38

Ascotexgunner Fulham for me....I think they would win the playoffs......however the ultimate scenario is Fulham v Wednesday both needing a point to keep Leeds out of the playoffs and deciding to have a kick about for 90 minutes. The fallout would be class.

Agreed, that would be most enjoyable

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 21 Apr 2017 01:18

Fulham are the toughest but I want us to face them. If we can beat them over two legs we have one hell of a chance. The other 3 do not concern me. Huddersfield blow hot and cold, Leeds are crap and have no plan B and Wednesday have a terrific record of bottling the big games.

I'd fecking hate it if Leeds went up, on a slim chance as they are a bunch of annoying twunts

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 21 Apr 2017 01:21

That said I have a sneaky suspicion Wednesday might well do Fulham in the playoffs but that would mean Huddersfield dropping a fair bit

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 21 Apr 2017 06:49

Reading - because the most likely way of missing out is by finishing second

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Apr 2017 08:18

Fulham absolutely for me. They're the best footballing side and are more likely to beat us over 2 legs

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Apr 2017 08:42

Does anyone know any Fulham fans? Would be interesting to know if they rate themselves as highly as we appear to.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Apr 2017 10:57

NewCorkSeth Does anyone know any Fulham fans? Would be interesting to know if they rate themselves as highly as we appear to.

I know one at work, he reckons if they make the playoffs it's theirs to lose.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Apr 2017 11:03

maffff
NewCorkSeth Does anyone know any Fulham fans? Would be interesting to know if they rate themselves as highly as we appear to.

Would be interesting to hear what team other play off hopefuls want to miss out. I wonder any of the other teams as grounded as most of us seem to be?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Apr 2017 11:04

Yeah, I know one. Not confident they'll make it as they have a bad performance or two in them and expects at least one in the last 3 games.

If they do make it, wants to avoid us mainly because his family are Reading STH.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Apr 2017 11:24

I have a horrible suspicion is Wednesday's year.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Apr 2017 11:32

I think Weds are the best team on paper. There's a lot experience and quality up front.

not that it counts for a lot. I think Fulham will exhaust themselves trying to get in, Leeds are bang average with a good goalscorer, and Hudders and us are good all round teams with the best management.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Apr 2017 12:45

NewCorkSeth
maffff

Would be interesting to hear what team other play off hopefuls want to miss out. I wonder any of the other teams as grounded as most of us seem to be?

There's a good thread on OwlsTalk, they are mostly worried about Fulham, then us. Leeds and Huddersfield less so.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Apr 2017 12:46

Hound I think Weds are the best team on paper. There's a lot experience and quality up front.

not that it counts for a lot. I think Fulham will exhaust themselves trying to get in, Leeds are bang average with a good goalscorer, and Hudders and us are good all round teams with the best management.

Best team on paper, also the most unbalanced of the squads. Don't see people talking about them much and seeing them go under the radar concerns me more.

Huddersfield and Leeds are beatable, on a par with us, but on their day can take anyone else around them.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Apr 2017 13:20

maffff
NewCorkSeth
maffff

There's a good thread on OwlsTalk, they are mostly worried about Fulham, then us. Leeds and Huddersfield less so.

The OP on one of those threads reckons we'll finish 5th :lol:

Most seem to think we'd finish 3rd/4th more sensibly though.!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Apr 2017 14:17

They have a number of new middle class fans, who've moved to the South West London area who support other Premier League clubs but take their kids to Fulham because they can get tickets and they look down on proper clubs like Brentford.

I know this because I live 2 miles from Fulham and my kids go to school in the area.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Apr 2017 17:46

Best scenario for me - Leeds dropping out, for the LOLZ
Wednesday in the semi's - done the double over them so far this season so we know we have a decent chance
Huddersfield in the final - Nice bunch of fans and good team so deserve to get to the final. Obviously I'd want us to win it but if we didn't then I wouldn't begrudge them a promotion, or at least they would be preferable to the other playoff teams

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Apr 2017 17:53

genome Best scenario for me - Leeds dropping out, for the LOLZ
Wednesday in the semi's - done the double over them so far this season so we know we have a decent chance
Huddersfield in the final - Nice bunch of fans and good team so deserve to get to the final. Obviously I'd want us to win it but if we didn't then I wouldn't begrudge them a promotion, or at least they would be preferable to the other playoff teams

Meanwhile Fulham are forced to ground share with Plymouth and the entire city of Leeds is bulldozed to create an enormous gay dogging zone and the team melted down to glue.